Anime and your FFXIV Character

Erik Mynhier

Straight to the point on this one. Pick one anime character that either was the basis for your character, was partly influential, or simply by chance resembles them. And after that, say your reasons.

Though not based on him at all, not consciously anyway, I found in overall look, attitude, and fighting style (from the shadows), Amon from Witch Hunter Robin seems to fit nicely. A good man who wishes to be.... but with that tasty darkness bubbling up when he needs it. (PS I would love to give him hair like that, but the long option the Highlanders have isn't quite right.)

[video=youtube]

*Needed a better vid.

This is tough since anime isn't as much my thing as it used to be--I'm not familiar with the more shonen action genre either (I prefer my Ouran High Schools and my Azumanga Daiohs).

On that note though, a large part of Tarot's thought processes are based of Kyouya Ohtori from Ouran High School Host Club. From his accounting and business acumen to his way of catergorizing folks and information about them for use later, Tarot is actually rather like the Vice President of the Host Club--he also tries to keep a cooler head hen business needs to be done and even does his best to keep CERTAIN people in the company he's involved in on the track to getting the job done.

I'd also like to add in Yuuko Ichihara from xxxHolic who is not only a businesswoman but also far more knowledgeable about the world, its secrets and people then most are--this is the type of thing Tarot prides himself on. Her business model of granting wishes is also very much like Tarot's.

I suppose if I had to pick, Val would be a mix of Kanji and Mugen.

So Val's a 'cub' is he? :thumbsup:

Not but seriously, Tarot needs to meet Val now--there's about twenty ways Tarot wants to try and piss him off now.:evil:

It's pretty easy to do ;-;

Not but seriously, Tarot needs to meet Val now--there's about twenty ways Tarot wants to try and piss him off now.:evil:

Tarot's gonna make a list--but for every time he pisses off Val, he'll make him NOT angry twice over just so that he'll tolerate Tarot's prodding. Tarot LOVES picking at the easily riled--he believes their far more honest since they wear all their emotions out in the open.

Tarot's gonna make a list--but for every time he pisses off Val, he'll make him NOT angry twice over just so that he'll tolerate Tarot's prodding. Tarot LOVES picking at the easily riled--he believes their far more honest since they wear all their emotions out in the open.

Yep! Val's a pretty honest guy. He cuts to the chase and likes to get things done :D Though he enjoys poking fun at people, too. They could probably have a good time together!

I didn't really design Xheja with any anime characters in mind. But now that I think about it, she really gives me a Lust vibe from FMA / FMA:B. Personality-wise, they're both highly intelligent and manipulative. More concretely, they're not exactly 'human' and hard as hell to really kill.

[align=left]

u7WVKXwQocA

[/align]

I base Clio mostly off Faye Valentine, at least personality-wise.

Though she plays many, many different roles in her various jobs over the years; her "normal" persona (which is another false front she uses for those that assume they know the real her) paints her as carefree, not easily bothered, independent and one able to use her charms/tricks to get what she wants with little remorse.

3:20-4:04

23V9iJDtxAE

4:13-4:36, 9:40-10:43 and 14:25-15:12 (And there's Erik trying to save her when it's not needed xD )

BxtC--7SeNw

However very few get to actually see that Clio's got some damage and usually on the verge of an emotional breakdown due to the various issues that has happened in her life. Because of this rather fragile inner self, she hates it and has a deep aversion to showing it to the point of getting angry with herself if she even starts to feel tears coming on because they're a sign of weakness.

I'd have to say Ed's a lot like Okumura Yukio, what with his prodigal status, knowledge of demons/voidsent, and the shared "spiritual/magical" based wounds and focus on bizarre eyes in their character design.

The two of them are also known for berating their lessers, though, Yukio's rage is directed at his brother, whilst Edgar simply calls out the flaws in whoever happens to be acting stupid at the time. Edgar tends to be a lot more emotional and socially awkward, however, and I'm pretty sure outside of fanon Yukio is not LGBT/T. 

They do have a shared thing for firearms, though. Should Musketeer be added in the future, Ed will certainly be trained in it.

Okumura.Yukio.full.239703.jpg

Dear SE,

Please make this outfit for the game.

Thank you.

Normally, Rennaix is a lot like Jin from Samurai Champloo - detached, somewhat socially awkward, and his skill with a blade and the traditions of his school form his core beliefs. He has a streak of Spike from Cowboy Bebop as well - he's more than happy to jump headfirst into situations stacked against him, and he doesn't give up until the end.

I tend to base all of my young female characters on Rin, which is kind of a struggle for me. She's so kind and caring, and full of hope and wonder, and she's the bravest little girl in the world. Meanwhile, I'm a sarcastic asshole with a very dry sense of humor, so it's a pretty hard role to play. 

Meanwhile my male characters are usually just me with a drinking and gambling problem. 

tumblr_mdpfahlfAy1rehzceo1_500.gif

I watched this entire show just because she was in it ^.^;

I didn't model Yvelont after any particular character, but Parn from Record of Lodoss War comes relatively close.

parn2.gif

Particularly the man he becomes later in the manga/novels, but the younger Parn depicted in the OVA would be a close match to a young, idealistic Yvelont who sought more than anything to emulate his father as a knight of Ishgard.

As for Kendha'to, the choice is an easy one in terms of personality:

[video=youtube]

Gintoki from Gintama.

Well considering I was watching Shounen anime at the time Roh takes a lot of inspirations from various characters of the genre.

But his primary ones have to be the one and only Kamina:

gurren_lagann__kamina_by_apelsin_kun-d5qrg8y.pngAnd Goku, seeking to constantly better himself so he can never lose what he holds dear again. (I also was watching DBZ as Roh popped into my head sooo there's that.)

goku_by_maffo1989-d4vxux4.png

I didn't base Rivienne on anyone in an anime, but I will compare her to one in particular! Seras Victoria from Hellsing's OVA. Rivienne was always a tomboy; she is very strong willed and loyal, such is noted as she serves under Commander Heuloix.

Nevermind the fact that she is bloody violent at times. :3

..she is a loyal and trustworthy soldier who will diligently follow the orders of her commander, provided said commander has proven his or her worth. She's the "light that stands out from the darkness" (quoting Kouta Hirano from a recent interview).

hellsing_seras_victoria_1920x1200_wallpaper_www_wa_by_imqreative-d82o1aq.jpg

I was really engrossed with Sengoku Basara before and while playing FF:ARR and I was heavily inspired by two of it's leading characters, Yukimura Sawada and Date Masamune. The fighting style with the spears (though I have also researched real ways on how to wield a spear) came from Yukimura, as well as Iliette's dedication to either a cause or a person comes from Yukimura. The attitude, cockiness, unshakable stance, and relentlessness comes from Date Masamune! If the RP would be an anime, Iliette would also speak a lot of engrish! xD

((DAMMIT SE let me wield two lances and flip my coeurl while doing so!!!))

Q9rN0TK_Et0

I think Jajara takes a bit from Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service - at least with regards to general themes. She's left home to strike out on her own (albeit for wildly different reasons) and struggles with matters of identity, isolation, vulnerability, and self-doubt. She's not the smartest or most talented thing ever but she makes do and works hard. Living well and living honestly are things she values the most.

Delial could be seen as taking influence or inspiration from a few different sources. Full Metal Alchemist's Lust, .hack//SIGN's BT, Cowboy Bebop's Faye Valentine... to some extent Pirate Queen Yukkage from Gargantia and the Verduous Planet.

BONUS: Delial's mother and the ever mysterious witch definitely aren't too dissimilar from Delphine Eraclea of Last Exile, and Ragyo Kiryuin from Kill La Kill.