4 Star Crafting: The road through hell.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have reached the stat requirement for 4 Star HQ Weaving! 

I also have gotten my hands on a rotation. There's a small risk of mats being lost, but otherwise it seems to do around 80-100% HQ depending on procs and hasty failures. The test-run I'm basing that one off is an Allagan Velveteen attempt with NQ mats, so I don't know how it'll be with HQ mats but I am thinking it helps a lot.

Hello! Haven't had the time to read through this whole thread yet, but I wanted to link this crafting guide (part two here) I found, which was immensely helpful in figuring out 3-star and 4-star HQ rotations! It's a comprehensive crafting guide, especially if you're just getting started, but the later sections have some really good advice!

Also friendly reminder that Ariyala's FFXIV Gear Calculator has a crafting gear section as well for figuring out stats and melds!

As for getting Fieldcraft Demimateria 3, I find it the easiest to get with leatherworker. Once you get close to 50.0, you can desynth cheap Legionary Visors to level up until you can get a semi-decent chance at desynthesizing Best Man's Gaiters and Bridesmaid's Sandals at Sunsilk Tapestries for Hard Hippogryph Leather, and Fieldcraft Demimateria 3! The new desynthesis items for the Zodiac relic quest at the Silver Bazaar are also good for leveling desynthesis around 50.0~70.0.

Lastly, if you want HQ artisan gear (or any crafted gear, for that matter), but don't want to or cannot craft it yourself, I always find it cheaper to get the materials yourself and pay a reliable crafter to make it for you than to buy it straight off the marketboard. (Ixali beastmen quests are worth all the time and effort!)