Let's Get Creative! Alternate Ability Approaches!

Gegenji

Just a little fun brain-teaser I thought might be fun to go into.

I unlocked Ninja on Chachan basically for the dork-run and to be able to summon the Rabbit OOCly whenever I wanted to. Recently in an RP, however, I had the little Lala dressed up in the holiday outfit talking about how he was going to be helping out a holiday event for kids. I then made a way for the Rabbit to be there ICly for Chachan: "Bunnytrick" - which amounted to basically the bog-standard "pull a rabbit out of a hat" deal. One of the other people I was RPing with then claimed Chachan knew Ninjitsu, and he had to reveal how he did the trick. Hat with a flap of fabric that hid a plush rabbit toy; mystery solved.

It was a fun little way to be able to have the little goofball use an ability I love and potentially use it to entertain/cheer up his friends when they're bummed out. Which is also perfectly Chachan. Doing so, however, has got me thinking about how someone could alternately explain how they're using other abilities... if they're actually using them at all!

So, let's embrace our inner charlatan and try to figure out ways someone in Eorzea could make it look like they can do something they can't! Faking a Dragoon jump with a trampoline? A pile of rotten wood punched through to show off a "One-Ilm Punch"? Some Rube Goldbergian monstrosity that ultimately makes what LOOKS like the summoning of an Egi? Let's get creative!

In my head-canon, I usually RP Tomahawk as Steel slinging an insult as opposed to being able to leap in to the air and fling a sparkly something at an enemy with her axe.

That's... more or less how I imagine Provoke working, actually. :lol:

Your normally stalwart and noble Paladin screaming at an Aevis about how his mother was a newt. It adds flavor to roulette runs, to be sure.

That's... more or less how I imagine Provoke working, actually. :lol:

Your normally stalwart and noble Paladin screaming at an Aevis about how his mother was a newt. It adds flavor to roulette runs, to be sure.

Seeing as Steel can be a mouthy thing, having TWO attacks that involve her shouting at enemies just works out rather nicely. xD

I'd macro them if I knew how to tie multiple insults to the same action without annoying groups.

This theme screams out for bards to pick specific songs to represent the actual PVE song effects...

Might I recommend the drowning jingle from Sonic for the movement speed booster?

9Yw5jkAHgME

It'd get me moving, that's for sure.

EDIT: vvvv Shore thing, pal. :thumbsup:

This theme screams out for bards to pick specific songs to represent the actual PVE song effects...

I had a bard in DF who macro'd Swiftsong to something like "[Name]'s singing is so bad you run faster."

Chaos Thrust spam during bonding ceremonies for the flurries of flower petals. With the pink explosion from Kassatsu for extra effect.

• 2 weeks later...