Heavensward officially on sale now on the SE store

Many thanks for this! I'll be waiting to see what the collector's edition brings and if I can get it on Steam, but I'm so happy to see it's finally hitting the proverbial shelves.

If it's anything like the 2.0 release they probably won't have it on steam until post-launch, though I don't imagine they will bother selling it on steam at all since it doesn't use a different launcher. You just buy the game, activate the serial key on your account, and launch the game the exact same way you would normally, so if you purchased a physical copy of Heavensward, but had the original game on steam it would still work exactly the same since it's an updated launcher, not a new launcher.

As for what the CE comes with, it tells you on that link:

• A dragon figurine
  • An art book
  • A disc featuring various videos and trailers
  • Digital in-game items exclusive to the Collector’s Edition: a griffin flying mount, a helmet designed after FFIV’s dark knight Cecil, and a wind-up Kain minion

Many thanks for this! I'll be waiting to see what the collector's edition brings and if I can get it on Steam, but I'm so happy to see it's finally hitting the proverbial shelves.

If it's anything like the 2.0 release they probably won't have it on steam until post-launch, though I don't imagine they will bother selling it on steam at all since it doesn't use a different launcher. You just buy the game, activate the serial key on your account, and launch the game the exact same way you would normally, so if you purchased a physical copy of Heavensward, but had the original game on steam it would still work exactly the same since it's an updated launcher, not a new launcher.

As for what the CE comes with, it tells you on that link:

• A dragon figurine
  • An art book
  • A disc featuring various videos and trailers
  • Digital in-game items exclusive to the Collector’s Edition: a griffin flying mount, a helmet designed after FFIV’s dark knight Cecil, and a wind-up Kain minion

Much appreciated on the correction! :D

I'll get the digital collectors version I guess, just need to wait for it to be preorderable :chocobo:

That's what I'm waiting for. I need all the extra things.

Also, when I mentioned the list of stuff that the Collector's Edition gets to Erik and Clio IG... Erik's reaction was priceless. :lol:

I'll get the digital collectors version I guess, just need to wait for it to be preorderable :chocobo:

Also, when I mentioned the list of stuff that the Collector's Edition gets to Erik and Clio IG... Erik's reaction was priceless. :lol:

soooooooooo excited for this!! OuO we're gonna get at least one physical copy if possible, but we're both planning to get the ce as soon as we can! even tho uh....there's still content i need to clear first.... >.>;;;;;;

soooooooooo excited for this!! OuO we're gonna get at least one physical copy if possible, but we're both planning to get the ce as soon as we can! even tho uh....there's still content i need to clear first.... >.>;;;;;;

Clio! Get to it! *passes drink shots as motivators*

Clio! Get to it! *passes drink shots as motivators*

but but but, i hattttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeee cutscenessssssssssssssssssssss *whines*

sansa-needs-booze.gif

It was on pre-order already for Amazon for $39.99 for a couple months now.

Just... need... CE... preorders...

Third party retailers will put up stuff on pre-order the moment it is announced with a guessed price and release date, but until it's actually available through legit means pre-ordering it from another retailer doesn't really mean much, you're basically just paying for a product that doesn't exist yet. With SE putting it up for sale on their own website means that it is actually for sale now, so you'll likely see it up on their EU store in a few days.

• 3 months later...

Just in case people missed this (Heavensward Collector's Edition):

Notice: This product is not compatible with the Steam version of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. If you’ve purchased FFXIV: A Realm Reborn on Steam, then you must also purchase FFXIV: Heavensward on Steam to upgrade your existing account. Pre-orders will be available on Steam in the future.

Just in case people missed this (Heavensward Collector's Edition):

Notice: This product is not compatible with the Steam version of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. If you’ve purchased FFXIV: A Realm Reborn on Steam, then you must also purchase FFXIV: Heavensward on Steam to upgrade your existing account. Pre-orders will be available on Steam in the future.

Now available on Steam.