What embarrasses your character?

Khoure

Ooo this thread is fun. Great notes to add to a character's wiki!

This is also making my life easy on building a checklist of situations to put people I know in. Lalalalalalala~

Jancis will get embarrassed about failing to help someone. She'll look mournful and apologetic for causing an inconvenience or discomfort, start bowing her head and apologizing a bunch. And she'll admit to it over and over...

I don't think this counts as embarrassed, but as far as anything with triggers her emotionally she will blush at. Blush and smile, it's a real joy and the reaction she feels I'm pretty sure she enjoys and she'll openly thank the person responsible.

*takes notes* ...I think Franz is very familiar with the first one x_x

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much, actually, now that I think about it.

Girlish clothes, I suppose, but that is more discomfort and unfamiliarity than anything. She does not like people to see her without her eyepatch and would sooner appear naked than let a stranger see her without the symbol of her respect for Master. Only people who are really close to her have seen her without it. But is that really embarrassment?

I think that losing or failing at something generally embarrasses her, and she becomes intensely ashamed, bottling it up.

She is gradually becoming more aware and emotionally mature. When that happens, embarrassment will become more frequent in a lot of situations. She's too dense to understand what significance that has.

Berrod becomes embarrassed whenever anyone points out that he's not as much of a bully/thug as he plays himself up to be. He relies heavily on that image to handle his own insecurities, so anything that threatens/breaches it causes him quite a lot of embarrassment!

The only thing that embarrasses my character if anything regarding sex, or anything of sexual nature come sup in front of the opposite gender. He grew up dedicated to his studies and lessons and never really had time for women.

Upon joining the Maelstrom Navy he did develop feelings for a captured female pirate, believing her to be innocent in the charges of piracy (she was not) so it ended badly before anything "had a chance to happen". If you get my drift....

*wiggles eyebrows*

However, he usually goes along with it as to not look dumb dumb, or if he trys to fit in on a conversation where it comes up

She doesn't really get embarrassed. She just gets angry. If someone tried, say, telling her she's cute when she's angry, she'd just be highly unimpressed and do a lot of glaring and scowling. If she tripped on her shoelace, she'd probably rip her shoe off and stomp around one-shoed for the rest of the day. If she acted like an idiot, which she does occasionally, she'd generally own it, so there's not much room for shallow shame.

Klynzahr is easy. If anyone mentions debt collectors, loan sharks, gambling, poverty, or gil in general, she will clam up and refuse to say another word on the subject. 

Iyrnahct will happily talk about, his money his business, or his sons for hours, but mention that ring of eternal bonding on his finger and you will be treated to the sight of an eight foot sea wolf blushing purple....    then mumbling something about bloody dragons and ordering several more drinks.

Dani is a tough one to crack. At first glance, there seems to be nothing that could phase her, partly because she tends to skip the embarrassed stage and go straight to anger. However she actually struggles a lot with receiving a compliment. If you mention her navigation or fighting skills, she will shrug it off. Anything more personal than that, leaves her at an utter loss for words.

Life embarasses my character. She's gotten a lot better, but Armi is still extremely easily embarrassed.

Compliment? Embarassed.

Insult? Embarassed.

Thought she said something weird? Embarassed.

Though you said something weird? Embarassed.

Sex? Embarassed.

Flirting? Doesn't... actually notice it. So she's fine.

She used to get extremely embarrassed at too much attention, but recently she's been singing in cafe's and bars around Ul'dah and is getting used to having eyes on her during those moments. She's becoming a showman, but offstage she's still very, very shy.