What embarrasses your character?

Khoure

With Enla it's pretty hard to actually make her feel embarrassed. Usually she just skips straight to mortification or biting out something snarky when pushed in those sort of directions. However her touching her tail is pretty much the quickest way to get an embarrassed reaction out of her. It's extremely sensitive and the surest way to make her blush is to do pretty much anything to it. Of course she'll probably try to hit you shortly afterwards, but you'll earn the blush you wanted in any case.

With Sae... Hmm... It's even harder to get him embarrassed, but there are a few select people who can get him into that state. With them however it usually involves pointing out his less than subtle brother complex or when he actually stops to help someone on rare occasions. He does not enjoy people pointing out that he can be generous towards others when the whim suits him, and he takes even less pleasure in people pointing out how protective he is of his sister. If the person doing the teasing is well liked and trusted, -that- is when he'll generally start falling over himself and maybe even blush. Everyone else will probably have to watch their backs for the next week or two.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing bothers Brio outside of people finding out about his weaving talents. He believes it to be peasant work, which conflicts with the gentlemanly demeanor he's trying to portray. He's very awkward about discussing his hobby, and will I poorly attempt to redirect any mention of it.

I'm sure if someone ever poked fun at him for it, Franz might get embarrassed about his passion for cooking/baking. ...they're usually eating whatever's been made though.

He also gets very embarrassed when people try to make him get undressed. Especially in public. Man likes to keep his shirt and pants on. There might be some underlying body-image issues he doesn't remember from his childhood.

Being referred to as cute, he is a fierce pirate and demands to be treated as such! Whenever someone brings up his deep voice or say his ship looks: dirty,broke, etc. Takes pride in it despite it being in not the best shape.

>_> <_>_> *puts alcohol on a high shelf to watch*

Franz has a lalafell teasing problem. Hasn't met very many that don't act cute/childish.

Being referred to as cute, he is a fierce pirate and demands to be treated as such! Whenever someone brings up his deep voice or say his ship looks: dirty,broke, etc. Takes pride in it despite it being in not the best shape.

>_> <_< >_> *puts alcohol on a high shelf to watch*

Franz has a lalafell teasing problem. Hasn't met very many that don't act cute/childish.

I gonna gnaw on your shins

Sounsyy is fairly insecure about her body. Not so much in the sense of people seeing it, but them commenting on it. She's been a soldier, sailor, or refugee all her life. She's used to getting changed in front of people. That doesn't bother her so much. But if someone tells her she's pretty, or she's exceptionally short (she is), or someone starts gawking at her scars/burns. Yeah, then she gets really embarrassed. Invading her personal space bubble (while small) also gets her really flustered and has varying reactions. This has only happened a couple times in RP though.

>_> <_>_> *puts alcohol on a high shelf to watch*

I gonna gnaw on your shins

Good thing he's typically wearing some good leg armor. Teeth-resistant. On the flip side, prove Franz wrong. Free booze!

It doesn't help that the first Lalafell he had started with basically just let him do it cause he's too polite to react negatively to it. :

Maybe >_> ...needed more fireballs to the face or stabs, depending on how he was broken back then. But look how [almost] docile he's become! Aside from the occasional jabbing.

Nothing.

Okay, fine, there has to be something, but off the top of my head I can't think of any situation where T'rahnu would get flustered. She's way too good at taking the ball and running with it in any situation.

Maybe if she tripped up during a public event or something, and everyone saw it. Even then it would just be a mild embarassment followed by an apology, and she'd get right back to it afterwards.

This is partly compensation for a lifetime of getting embarrassed at the smallest things IRL. I do sometimes like to play characters that hew towards my RL personality as well, but it's just not as much fun, you know?

Flirting. Roen gets thrown for a loop when people unexpectedly flirt with her. She is used to being serious and down to business, or up front and honest about whatever is being discussed...but bring flirting and teasing into the conversation, she gets awkwardly quiet or tries to divert the conversation towards something else. Lack of a female figure to teach her such art in her formative years left her poorly prepared to respond with confidence in such situations.

Also low cut clothing isn't something she is all too comfortable with. Bathing suits are something you'd never find her in, and although she has been talked into wearing looser and more "fashionable" clothing (she took Yellow Moon's fashion advice when she visited the Weaver's Guild after getting out of the gaol in her newly-found-freedom-I-am-feeling-bold mood), a few comments about such clothes being rather revealing kind of had her put those clothes away again. She wonders often how some people are expected to cook or gather things in very very low cut tops and short short skirts. ("Where is the practicality in that...?")

She wears loose tunics sometimes in Limsa though, to blend in.

Hawu's pretty smug and comfortable in her own skin, even though she closes her long, fluffy tail in doors, it doesn't ever seem to put a damper on her contentedness. 

There is one thing that will always embarrass her and that is only in the face of (If it were to happen) an individual that makes that stone cold heart of hers beat with the feels. She loses her composure and becomes a flustered mess because she doesn't know how to deal with those emotions. She doesn't ever get romantically attached and it would take a lot to get to that point. 

All in all, she's shameless.

Ooo this thread is fun. Great notes to add to a character's wiki!

This is also making my life easy on building a checklist of situations to put people I know in. Lalalalalalala~

Jancis will get embarrassed about failing to help someone. She'll look mournful and apologetic for causing an inconvenience or discomfort, start bowing her head and apologizing a bunch. And she'll admit to it over and over...

I don't think this counts as embarrassed, but as far as anything with triggers her emotionally she will blush at. Blush and smile, it's a real joy and the reaction she feels I'm pretty sure she enjoys and she'll openly thank the person responsible.