Triple Triad Tricks, Tips and Trategies

Kellach is right.

I can see why farming King Elmer is attractive. He's abusable due to Plus rules, meaning you can beat him with starter cards, and he has a chance of dropping Bahamut which is 600 MGP, or more frequently Godbert which is 50 MGP.

What I don't understand is why no one is farming Gegeruju.

Gegeruju's Swap rule means you trade one of your cards for one of his at the outset of every match (thats an 80% chance of him not stealing your ace and you gettimg another 3 star or higher card). His Sudden Death rule means that if you draw, you keep playing by taking up all cards that are your color. What this adds up to is that you can take a few shitty cards and a decent ace (I took Moogle, Ixal, Coeurl, Mandraroga, and Bahamut), and then proceed to cheese him by forcing him into draws when you cant win, thereby stealing away his good cards and leaving him with your shitty ones, thereby forcing the win.

The average match might take longer, but there's much less deliberation involved since you don't have to account for Plus rules, so it almost evens out. Furthermore, Gegeruju's buy-in is 30 and his payout is 116 or something, making profits off him comparable to Elmer, esp since he also drops Y'shtola, a 50 MGP card, at a seemingly higher drop rate than Godbert's.

I made 1300 off Gegeruju in less than 30 minutes of play, IIRC. And it was reliable. I only lost once, and it was due to my not paying attention.

Guaranteed payouts comparable to Chocobo racing, but in a fraction of the time, it's brainless, and RNG isn't nearly as likely to screw you as it is with Elmer.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best advice I can give is to try to go in order of the cost to play if you're going after NPCs. Win whatever cards they drop, then move onto the next. http://ffxivtriad.com/npcs This page lists the NPCs in that order. Going down the list, I managed to pick up a number of awesome cards as well as getting my Squall card for defeating 30 NPCs.

Also, after you have 30 cards, the restrictions on 2-star cards will lift so that you can create stronger decks, so that's something to keep in mind, too.

Considering I still lag a lot when I step in the GS. I've been farming Gegeruju too....tryna get that tasty Minfilia card. Of course I didnt realize I jumped from like 400 something MGP to like 2.6k MGP and I only stopped to look at numbers after I got  my first Yashtolers...and that didn't take a while neither.

I havent been farming anyone else except him and I always start by placing my coeurl or anyone with a low bottom number on the center and just have Yashtolers or the swapped card eat whoever takes my bait. Doesnt work all the time but still that's how I do it And it seems to work most of the time.

He's like the only guy I can beat with starter 5+Yashtolers.

If you have 4 of the 2-star beastman cards (the ones with 3 6's each)and a decent 3 star or higher (I use Bahamut), the Indolent Imperial is hands down the easiest and most profitable to farm. His ascension rule has made it so I either win or draw every time, and both are a gain of MGP (win is 120, draw is 48).

I actually put together a Beastman Ascension deck for the Ascension-rule lady in the Gold Saucer... and only improved it once I was able to have all the two-stars I wanted. I'll have to give Indolent a try, I suppose.