Free Congestion Weekend!

Warren Castille

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/053fde1539272640c4e2b362042d0d2686f228b1

Fledgling adventurers continue to arrive in Eorzea in droves, and we are pleased to announce that the realm is now home to four million registered accounts. To celebrate this momentous milestone and beckon yet more adventurers to the realm, we will be hosting a Free Login Campaign!

If you or any of your friends are currently taking a break from your adventures in Eorzea, this is the perfect opportunity to sample all the latest additions to FINAL FANTASY XIV, including the recently opened Manderville Gold Saucer. You won't want to miss out on this limited-time event!

≪Free Login Campaign Overview≫

Users meeting the following conditions will be able to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn free of charge during the upcoming Campaign:

Eligibility

Users who have previously purchased and registered FINAL FANTASY XIV and whose service account is set as inactive during the campaign period.

*Please visit the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station to confirm the status of your service account.

Event Schedule

From Friday, February 27, 2015 at 08:00 (GMT) to Monday, March 9, 2015 at 08:00 (GMT)

* Please note that a subscription to FFXIV: ARR is required to continue playing after the event period.

Client Download

If you have yet to install the game, please download the official client software.

(http://sqex.to/ffxiv_client_en)

Don't miss out on this chance to experience Eorzea in all her glory!

...Thanks, SE! Looking forward to the Manderville Gold Saucer opening on March 10!

Wait...does this mean even less chance for me to get into the Gold Saucer? @_@

It's dependent on how many prior Balmungolians return, and how many make a beeline to try the saucer. The latter of two, of course, being pretty likely considering it's the most "accessible" of the new content (existing congestion problems notwithstanding).

My best suggestion is to at least try to squeeze your way in to pick up Triple Triad, at least, since you can enjoy that outside the Saucer as well as in it.

The sad part is... it's really only the Triple Triad area that is super-crazy congested. You pick it up there and there's six NPCs there, all who have cards for you to win off them (including the infamous King Elmer). If they had split it off into a separate "zone" like the Chocobo races, I bet there wouldn't be nearly as much congestion everywhere else in the Saucer.

... In fact, thinking on it... it'd be like a local game store with everyone hunched over their Magic cards, venturing out only to turn in their winnings or to participate in GATEs. A perpetual Grand Prix... at least until a majority of them have their Bahamuts and their Uriangers. Then they'll all trickle away to grab the cards out in the rest of Eorzea, returning only to purchase packs or possibly farm Elmer for MGP.

I'm just grumpy over all of the congestion everywhere since Tuesday.

Yes! This! I can't get anywhere because by the time I log in after work, the GS is practically inaccessable so I just tool around doing my leveling and just grumble "Sweet patch, bro."

Just treat it like the character creation restrictions. Give yourself an extra 15 minutes in the morning. Log in, do the quest (that takes maybe 5 tops... but the extra 10 is there to account for lag) to unlock everything, then log out in the Saucer. When you log back in after work, you'll still be in the Saucer and able to do whatever (like buy a new mini-cactpot ticket). Just don't expect to be able to teleport back to it until in the early morning again should you leave.

Or, you could do like I need to and just take this weekend to beat the piles and piles of console games that have yet to be beaten.

Oddly enough, I've started a "marathon" of sorts with all of the Final Fantasies... my wife asked me to start with 7 instead of 1 >.<... and I've actually gotten up to the Golden Saucer in it just now... heh...

The Saucer is more congested than my sinuses ayyyyy sick people jokes :cactuar:

The problem is half the people there are afking just to hold their spot for their return after work/school.  They need to fix the afk logout. I find this highly rude to other players who have yet to even get in to see the place.

Using the EU page :>

Times for us too lazy to do GMT conversions

From Friday, February 27, 2015 at 12:00 a.m. (PST) to Monday, March 9, 2015 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT)

Get in a linkshell that does Hunt shouts. Teleport to Gold Saucer when S rank reported. Get into Gold Saucer without any hassle :V

The problem is half the people there are afking just to hold their spot for their return after work/school.  They need to fix the afk logout. I find this highly rude to other players who have yet to even get in to see the place.

People AFKing to hold their "place" on the server isn't anything new, sadly enough. This is just the most blatant example yet since it's actively keeping people from entering new content. We can only hope that this is the kick in the pants SE needs to deal with the AFK/overcrowding problems.

This. When they made the change that allowed for AFK players to stay logged in, I thought it was a baffling idea. And to be honest, it feels like one of the worst decisions overall in the game. I don't know of any other game that lets you stay logged in like FFXIV does and as expected, it is very easily abused.

I support the idea of them reverting that change, even if people can find workarounds. Your average player doesn't know the workaround so.

This. When they made the change that allowed for AFK players to stay logged in, I thought it was a baffling idea. And to be honest, it feels like one of the worst decisions overall in the game. I don't know of any other game that lets you stay logged in like FFXIV does and as expected, it is very easily abused.

I support the idea of them reverting that change, even if people can find workarounds. Your average player doesn't know the workaround so.

This please. Oh, AFK for more than an hour? Bye bye. Title screen. That is a reasonable solution and would clear up a lot of crap on our server.

As frustrating as lag is, I think the campaign is a nice idea. gives people who've run out of sub money a chance to try new content. Its inconvenient for us but there are other things you can do in game and gs will still be around after the week is over while most of the free users will be gone

i understand why they're doing this and even think it's a good idea...it's a great way to help get people that haven't played in a long time to be re-interested in the game before 3.0 but that being said....i got booted seven times last night in about three hours before i finally gave up. all i was doing was trying to mine and wasn't anywhere near "heavy areas" such as the gold saucer. omg i hope the rest of the week isn't like this xD