Tricks or Tips, an FFXIV "secrets" collection

BLM: Pop Manawall before right before Titan's landslide starts to cast. You can avoid the knockback because it will deal you 0 damage.

PLD: Do the same but with Tempered Will. This will also work in T9 for the heavensward knockback as well as for T5/T13's divebombs (not T9!!!). For example, in T5 awhile ago the Single Tank method seemed easier with PLD because they can stun the Dread easier. Anyway, on the 2nd set of divebombs right after the 2nd divebomb, the PLD will pop tempered will and run to pick up the last set of Snakes. (Used to be hold them for Caster LB but now snakes die before that too.)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The regen will benefit from your out of stance cast. This is testable much like the gear thing. Cast out of cleric stance and notice the numbers on the ticks, then cast it while in cleric stance and notice lower numbers.

I -believe- the same holds true for the fairies (if summoned while not in cleric stance their heals will act as though you're not), but I could be wrong.

This holds true for DPS as well, hit those dots while BFB is up to see bigger results... even if BFB falls off before the dot does. The dot will still tick for BFB damage (and whatever other cooldown you had on when you hit the dot).

I do this all the time. I try to get all my SCH dots up while in Cleric Stance (along with Shadow Flare), and I immediately reapply dots if I burn a bunch of damage-boosting cooldowns like BFB.

As for fairy healing in Cleric Stance, I... don't know? I've never actually compared it. I... guess it would make sense? I need to find out now, since I've been relying mostly on my fairy to do some spot healing while I get my dots up.

Just because I didn't see this answered yet.

Spells cast snapshot your modified statistics.  So casting a DoT in Cleric Stance then swapping out won't lower your damage, and casting a Regen out of Cleric Stance and swapping in won't lower your heal.

Conversely, casting a DoT out of Cleric Stance and swapping in will not increase its damage, and casting a Regen in Cleric Stance and swapping out will give you a very pitiable heal.

For the Fairy.

The Fairy works off your non-modified statistics.  So casting the fairy in or out of Cleric Stance, and using Embrace in or out of Cleric Stance will not matter.

Theoretically, this also means that if you summon a Fairy while you were Virus'd in PvP, the fairy would still heal the same.

The regen will benefit from your out of stance cast. This is testable much like the gear thing. Cast out of cleric stance and notice the numbers on the ticks, then cast it while in cleric stance and notice lower numbers.

I -believe- the same holds true for the fairies (if summoned while not in cleric stance their heals will act as though you're not), but I could be wrong.

This holds true for DPS as well, hit those dots while BFB is up to see bigger results... even if BFB falls off before the dot does. The dot will still tick for BFB damage (and whatever other cooldown you had on when you hit the dot).

I do this all the time. I try to get all my SCH dots up while in Cleric Stance (along with Shadow Flare), and I immediately reapply dots if I burn a bunch of damage-boosting cooldowns like BFB.

As for fairy healing in Cleric Stance, I... don't know? I've never actually compared it. I... guess it would make sense? I need to find out now, since I've been relying mostly on my fairy to do some spot healing while I get my dots up.

Just because I didn't see this answered yet.

Spells cast snapshot your modified statistics.  So casting a DoT in Cleric Stance then swapping out won't lower your damage, and casting a Regen out of Cleric Stance and swapping in won't lower your heal.

Conversely, casting a DoT out of Cleric Stance and swapping in will not increase its damage, and casting a Regen in Cleric Stance and swapping out will give you a very pitiable heal.

For the Fairy.

The Fairy works off your non-modified statistics.  So casting the fairy in or out of Cleric Stance, and using Embrace in or out of Cleric Stance will not matter.

Theoretically, this also means that if you summon a Fairy while you were Virus'd in PvP, the fairy would still heal the same.

"Snapshot". A very apt word for it and one I'm glad someone was able to come up with.