[SPOILERS not hidden in SPOILERS] 2.55 Before the Fall Part 2

Kage

On that note, moreso than Gridania and its people, fuck the elementals eh? The aforementioned blue-and-orange morality from their asses, combined with the "do what we say or we sic the whole fucking forest on you, no debate and no discussion" bullshit. That further, I read in (I think) one of Sounsyy's lore posts that people get smote with Greenwrath the second they step into the forest even if they have done absolutely nothing harmful to the forest, basically getting slapped with the fuck-stick just for having the sheer, unmitigated gall to walk into the elementals' woods, that just continues to grow unchecked unless they essentially consign their souls away to the elementals.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck those guys.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember the real context but one of the first things I saw of FFXIV was from 1.0. I liked Papalymo and Yda and a friend told me to watch the scene where Yda and Papalymo just DROPPED FROM THE SKY and immediately everything is against them.

I have posted a few of the lines before. Can you elaborate as to what parts you think were edited to seem as if they fit 2.55?

End quote - but nah it's the exact same. Dunno what was everyone's problem with Estinien showing up at Aymeric's side then.

Also, my point was not "The Elementals are bad" - it's the very real in-game world racism/xenophobia of Gridanian citizens. You say they'd go down a darker path but they've already done that. I'm not even talking about the Ala Mhigan refugees even. I'm talking about the fact that if it wasn't for Gridanian racism there's a ton of bad apples that wouldn't be - LNC antagonist being the first.

In so far as the refusing aid to Ishgard, she simply echoed the rest of the Alliance, who essentially wanted to send a massive "fuck you" to Ishgard due to their non-presence at Carteneau. I thought that was logical. Did they aid them against Ala Mhigo? Sure. They also refused to send aid in a conflict that was far less than 50 years ago.

Also, keep in mind that for some of the conjurers agency is a myth and ALL is the will of the Elementals - One of the conjurers you help out in your starting Gridania quests thanks... the Elementals for delivering you to them. Not you for actually doing the job they needed doing.

In the elementals' defense: at least they're up front and honest. If they don't want you living in their forest, you find out pretty quickly from a hearer and know to move on.

Ul'dah though?

Common rhetoric: "Work hard and be ambitious, and YOU can rise to the top!"

*Wystan works hard and is ambitious, trying to rise to the top*

Syndicate: "Kill that guy."

In the elementals' defense: at least they're up front and honest. If they don't want you living in their forest, you find out pretty quickly from a hearer and know to move on.

Therein lies the problem - they aren't, anymore. They're severely weakened.

Also, the Quieting seemed like a ceremony that must be performed regardless of the Elementals' assessment of the Shroud.

Anyway, I'm still thinking we're getting a Gridania is getting fucked over story in Heavensward.

Just finished this tonight.

Saw the Crystal Braves being traitorous coming. xD Ever since the starting quests of 2.5, I suspected that Ilberd and Yuyuhase were evil. I do hope we get to see Riol again. Though they were setting up the Crystal Braves to be corrupted from the vary start of their formation. The fact that the Crystal Braves were being funded by Syndicate money and Alphinaud just ignores it is great foreshadowing.

I appreciate how much of the story they seem to have planned out ahead of time. It really feels like happenings in previous patches really influenced and foreshadowed future ones.

Ul'dah though?

Common rhetoric: "Work hard and be ambitious, and YOU can rise to the top!"

*Wystan works hard and is ambitious, trying to rise to the top*

Syndicate: "Kill that guy."

Except the entire Syndicate is composed of individuals who did work hard and got to the top. How they choose to behave with the power is a different story.

People might continue to try their best and say otherwise, but Ul'dah's major redeeming factor is this meritocracy.

Except the entire Syndicate is composed of individuals who did work hard and got to the top. How they choose to behave with the power is a different story.

People might continue to try their best and say otherwise, but Ul'dah's major redeeming factor is this meritocracy.

Actually, we don't know.

From my understanding the current Syndicate with the exception of Godbert Manderville (and even then that's debatable - You don't get fancy traditions like the Manderville dance without a long history, and Godbert mentions that Goldsmithing is the family trade) is old money. Also, Teledji 'cause he's dead.

Also, meritocracy only works if you have a chance to make it. Again, Wystan's example shows exactly why that argument is flawed. Unless you mean it's perfectly fine to ignore the laws in place, in which case how is it better than Limsa?

Gridania is definitely a place where you can't make it for shit unless you're born a certain way. Limsa is more an example that you can make it regardless of your background because at least the people in power will not actively try to bust your legs for doing so unless you're breaking the law. It's also the best way to learn trading without being in Ul'dah because it's essentially the center of overseas trade.