A Court of Cards Talent Competition

[align=center]A Court of Cards:

The Search for a Full House[/align]

Are you looking to show off your talents to the world? Or maybe you're just looking for a place to relax for the day? Well, look no further! The Vylbrand Academy's featured Limsa Lager Club is hosting our first ever Talent Show Competition with a joint venture with Soliloquy, Eorzea's famous entertainers!

This talent showcase features the theme of: "A Court of Cards: The Search for a Full House." What is this theme you ask? Look no further than that deck of cards riding high in your pocket. We're talking about playing cards: Queens, Kings, Jacks and Jokers! Silks and satins, or miss-matched bells! Red and blacks of the deck or royal purple! Sing us a tale of kings and their courts or weave the woes of a gambling thief down on his luck! The possibilities are endless and only limited to your imagination and talent.

So do we still have your interest? Wonderful! The festivities will take place on Saturday April 25th at 3pm CST/4pm EST (EU Friendly time!) in Vylbrand Academy in the Mists, Ward 3 Plot 2. Anyone may attend even if you just wish to be part of the audience! We will have our bar available for drinks and food for those worried about meals and drinks!

For those who are interested in performing at the talent show will need to sign up by contacting Xenedra Ambreaus or Kyra Tsukino. The rules are as follows:

1. Participants of the Talent Show will have an entry fee of 1000 gil that will be divided up at the end of the night to the top 3 entrants in the talent show.
  2. The performance can be no longer than 5 to 7 minutes, depending on the amount of participants who sign up to perform as to ensure everyone has a chance to show off their talent.
  3. The Audience may vote for their favorite talent by casting their vote in the ballot box, which will be handled by one of Vylbrand's staff – (OOCILY, the individual will keep a tally of each person to make sure there is only 1 vote per person)
  4. After all performers have finished their talent show, we will announce the winners. 1st place will get 50% of the entry fees. 2nd place will get 30% and 3rd will receive 20%.

The Deadline for signing up for being one of the performers in the talent show will be no later than April 22. That way we can set up a line up and make sure everyone is prepared on Saturday. Any other questions, feel free to contact Xenedra Ambreaus or Nathan Telluride of Soliloquy, or Kyra Tsukino of Unsung Heroes.

[align=center]Vylbrand Academy and Soliloquy hope to see you there![/align]

Yay for EU friendly time. Unfortunately it looks like this is going to clash with The Anchorage, to which I've already promised my attendance ._. 

I love the concept, so if you host another one at some point I'll try to be at that one :)

((Yes Nebula will enter))

Nebula was once again looking at the boring notices on the academy's noticeboard when the colour of one poking out from behind yet another schedule of weapons practice caught her witchery eye, which to be honest was just students beating each other up and she had no interest in that at all.

Pulling out the coloured note her eyes widened and she did a little skip, and a squeee may have leaked from her lips. Then after checking no one saw her display she tucked the note quickly under her pointy hat and scurried off to her favourite tree to read more of this talent thing.

As luck would have it Jancis had to enter a song and dance audition the other night to help save an FC member and has the perfect outfit.

I just need to get her an appropriate performance to fit the theme. :?

We have a tentative list of performers! Please check this over, and if there are any changes needed, or if you need to cancel, please let us know!

- Ciel Sauveterre

- Leanne Delphium

- Aya Foxheart

- Kyra Tsukino

-Nathan Telluride / Lottie Forsaidh

- Ferro Kuolha

- Amelia Ashford

-Nebula Stardancer (can you confirm, Nebbs?)

- Imogene Holmes

- O'rahn Kevelen / Kyrie Rosareaux

- Solis Claritas

(Were you interested in performing, Aya?)

(Edited to Add Leanne and Solis!)

Massive thanks to everyone who came out to the event! We had surprises, shocks, and acts of all sorts, and most wonderful of all, a patient and superb audience. On behalf of Soliloquy, I want to commend Vylbrand Academy for making this event possible and successful, and offer hopes for more events in the future.