Au Ra Character Creation Screens discussion!

Even MORE pics have been added!

We can see some more of the available hairstyles in the icons. Raen can also have the 'glowing ring' in their eyes. (The checkmarks imply that you can choose to have only one glowing eye if you wish?) Also, the color of the ring can be changed to something separate from that of the iris:

0eb1cc0e.jpg

cc275d0d.jpg

7a14d63b-s.jpg

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hype is real for glowing eyes. Actually, with certain colors it might not even look like it's glowing but just an extra rim of color in the eye, like Yugiri's. It's pretty clear she has a custom face and scales now. Funny how she has the least amount. 

Now that we've got a better look at Au Ra, the 'demon' rather than 'dragon' aesthetic is more obvious.

Edit: I'm also amused by how this person is taking all of their photos with the race in the worst possible lighting.

Doesn't surprise me that they only get 4 horn options. I think SE's definition of highly customizable is rather odd.

Not only that, but it seems the horns are tied to the face options.

tumblr_nncogrMu191tj1tnjo3_1280.jpg

It is really looking like the japanese on top there says 'Kao no taipu' which would basically be 'face type'.

I AM STILL STUPIDLY EXCITED ABOUT AU RA but... I. Wish they would have like.. separated the horns and the faces, at least.

What is this Monday I keep seeing in this thread? You all have me curious.

I'm still really not impressed with the females but the males look rather interesting. I've always felt the highlander female shape would have been better but meh. We shall see when it all comes out and we get to play a little. :)

Not sure if ACTUALLY demons, or just the visual frame of reference. That's still not 100 percent clear to me. If it were me designing, I would design with intent. 

Also not sure if indeed finalized. But back at PAX? Live letter? Can't remember? they said that it wouldn't have anything. Of course, things change. So, we'll see!

Doesn't surprise me that they only get 4 horn options. I think SE's definition of highly customizable is rather odd.

Not only that, but it seems the horns are tied to the face options.

tumblr_nncogrMu191tj1tnjo3_1280.jpg

It is really looking like the japanese on top there says 'Kao no taipu' which would basically be 'face type'.  

I AM STILL STUPIDLY EXCITED ABOUT AU RA but... I.  Wish they would have like.. separated the horns and the faces, at least.

Yeeaaaah... that's pretty bad. Not quite as bad as if they were tied to hairstyles. But still really bad.

Yooo, you can color the scales? (Tbh, it looks more bone-like to me)

I had better see some good color combos from people. They can REALLY stand out more than they already do if that's the case! Also I recall hearing somewhere they could have mild decorations on their horns. ICly I planned on it anyway. Still happy to see!

They're alright, I suppose. Even the male horns and scales look worn, rather than actually a part of their bodies.

Hrm.

Well, it isn't like I'm not going to make a few dozen Au Ra come Monday, anyhow. I'm looking forward to seeing just how stronk I can make a female Au Ra look. I really wish they went the Hyur route and made a smaller tribe and a larger tribe, rather than just a warm palette / dark palette thing they've already done with Miqo and Elezen.

The Xaela looks excellent...which is weird, because it doesn't really appear to be a terribly different aesthetic choice between them and the Raen beyond "dark horns or light".

Maybe I'm a bit colored (heh, See what I did there?) by bias because the Raen scales look like some sort of skin rash....

Yooo, you can color the scales? (Tbh, it looks more bone-like to me)

NOPE. At least from these screens, the scale color is tied entirely to the subrace, with no option for changing it to something else.

Which is a serious problem for me, because I cannot stand how out-of-place those scales look. If I could give them the same color as the skin maybe they wouldn't look so bleh...

I'm not so convinced that the horns and faces are attached to one another (or will be in the final product). There's a few faces on the males that look the same but have different horns. Also, the following two photos of females look like the same face but have different horns.

db16e224-s.jpg

7a14d63b-s.jpg

Not quite as bad as if they were tied to hairstyles.

Elin character creation flashbacks... (And it's like that in BnS too, wtf)

That aside, my sister who was so elated at maybe playing a race of dragon-people might end up disappointed.

Quick edit:

I'm not so convinced that the horns and faces are attached to one another (or will be in the final product). There's a few faces on the males that look the same but have different horns. Also, the following two photos of females look like the same face but have different horns.

I'm thinking it's the way that some faces currently have some options or scars that other faces don't have. The horns that come with each face aren't the only horns for that face, but some horn styles usable with a face or two may not be usable with all faces.

Those two photos are actually of different faces, though the structure is very similar (and the person showing them off picked facial options that make them very close). Same thing for all the men too. I've spent way more time than I should studying the screenshots and I'm 99% sure the 'cranial growths' are tied to faces. Kinda expected it given the shots we've seen so far.

I like how they look so far in general, but only have really badly taken camera-screens on a surface pro. 

I guess I'm more disappointed that they're 'demon motif'. It didn't even have to be dragon related, I could care less about that. But I just don't enjoy that they're demons especially if they were motif'ed like that; they could less resemble what they're saying they're not. Ah well. It's fine in the end though. 

I'll still make both a female and male and play around with character designs on Monday.

I'm just hoping that the people who pick Xaela, know the lore and come up with a believable story. ._.;

Then again, a part of me knows most of it will be....

"I was raised by hyur"

"My clan was abusive so I left"

And I think this is okay. Some may see it as cliche, others may see it as creative, and some just won't care. People can decorate their sandbox as they please, so to speak. We can choose not to play in it.

I'm just hoping that the people who pick Xaela, know the lore and come up with a believable story. ._.;

"I was raised by hyur"

And I think this is okay. Some may see it as cliche, others may see it as creative, and some just won't care. People can decorate their sandbox as they please, so to speak. We can choose not to play in it.

xD I know, but their lore is so rich! It is like someone is stabbing me in the stomach every time I hear those sort of lines.

Everyone kinda just, makes up a sob story and rolls with it. Like whoa, why is everyone in Eorzea so unfortunate? Why does the player need to be the -last- superspecialsoleremainingpersonleftoftheirtribewhoshehatedbecauseitwasabusiveandsoshewasadoptedbyhyur.

"I was raised by hyur"

xD I know, but their lore is so rich! It is like someone is stabbing me in the stomach every time I hear those sort of lines.

Everyone kinda just, makes up a sob story and rolls with it. Like whoa, why is everyone in Eorzea so unfortunate? Why does the player need to be the -last- superspecialsoleremainingpersonleftoftheirtribewhoshehatedbecauseitwasabusiveandsoshewasadoptedbyhyur.

Because it interests them. At the end of the day, we all roleplay for different reasons, and we all have different interests. Adoption stories, just as abuse stories, can be just as good stories as something with a happier note. It's about execution and your reading preference. I like raspberries. Not everyone likes raspberries. I can still eat my raspberries. They can still not eat raspberries. As long as I'm not trying to force my raspberries on them, or they're not trying to force me to stop eating them, everyone can be happy. 

At the end of the day, participate in the RP and stories that make you happy, but there's no need to be judgemental of those who don't like what you do.