Au Ra Character Creation Screens discussion!

....am I the only one disturbed that the MAX HEIGHT for females is only 5'2? Like.. 5'2? Thats the average height for a 14 year old in my country.

Why ya'll gotta be short shaming, eh?

I'm not against short people. They make great arm-rests.

....am I the only one disturbed that the MAX HEIGHT for females is only 5'2? Like.. 5'2? Thats the average height for a 14 year old in my country.

You're not the only one. Though it seems this is what the masses want - creepily short females paired with much bigger guys who look like they'll snap their women in two. :roll:

Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just isn't to my personal tastes.

Yeah, I'm here. I think it just is a little strange.

I guess being as tall as the average 14 year old in someone's country is pedophilia now. Better update all the RP police rules quick.

xD Nono, its not about pedophilia. its just a little surprising. The Devs said there were going to be options to make them look more ... scary? i forget the exact quote. But I assumed, or thought it'd be from 4'9ish to 5'5 at least.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like short and contrast a lot. I'm a little peeved by implications of some moral infringement for playing short characters. Miqo'te females are short. Midlander females are short. Just because the males aren't also short doesn't necessarily make it 'disturbing.' Also, I've noticed a lot of RPers set themselves to shortest and tallest already. People like extremes, it's just a personal preference.

You're not the only one. Though it seems this is what the masses want - creepily short females paired with much bigger guys who look like they'll snap their women in two. :roll:

I guess being as tall as the average 14 year old in someone's country is pedophilia now. Better update all the RP police rules quick.

xD Nono, its not about pedophilia. its just a little surprising. The Devs said there were going to be options to make them look more ... scary? i forget the exact quote. But I assumed, or thought it'd be from 4'9ish to 5'5 at least.

As one who is height challenged, I find this whole post offensive. : /

._. I'm not personally trying to insult someone. I'm just going to say that now. I'm not riding around the neighbourhood screaming out my window that being short is bad- I'm just kinda disappointed that the maximum height is 5'2, and disallows variance between characters.

._. I'm not personally trying to insult someone. I'm just going to say that now. I'm not riding around the neighbourhood screaming out my window that being short is bad- I'm just kinda disappointed that the maximum height is 5'2, and disallows variance between characters.

It's too late for that; the damage has been done. I don't need your pity. Shame on you for short shaming.

Okay, that's fine! The wording of your first post just seemed a little judgmental, that's all. I'll be fair and say a bigger variance would have been nice but only roegadyn have a full foot to work with, unfortunately. I wish they'd expand them all a little more, give us some short roe and freakishly tall Lalafell.

Miqo'te females get between 4'11 and 5'4, rounding up.

Can't be scary if you're small, right?

a1bae265.jpg

The males have surprisingly narrow waists

Just noticed this is saying 217cm near the 100 height marker. That's like 7 feet. Okay, those who say the height discrepancy is massive have a case now. Though, for the record, it doesn't matter to me, that is a huge difference.

and on shortness: I'm 5'8" (Female) and my sister is 5"0", and I can tell you she is way way WAY scarier than me. Girl is a beast. Height is not personality.

While they're at it, having the head size scale properly with height instead of height scaling absolutely everything in that really lazy scale-all-vertices-by-x-width-y-girth-and-z-height fashion would be really nice.

Because, right now, a character that's 4'8" does NOT look 4'8" simply because they're exactly the same number of heads tall as the 5'4" character right beside them. Which is disturbing, really, because that's just not how things work IRL. IRL head size among adults is generally constant, with a few exceptions. Shorter people do not have smaller heads than taller people, but that's what you get with this kind of lazy height scaling.

But anyways... too late for any change in that area now. Maybe one day, when they drop PS3 support entirely, they'll do a major expansion of the character creation... one can dream, eh?

Just noticed this is saying 217cm near the 100 height marker. That's like 7 feet. Okay, those who say the height discrepancy is massive have a case now. Though, for the record, it doesn't matter to me, that is a huge difference.

and on shortness: I'm 5'8" (Female) and my sister is 5"0", and I can tell you she is way way WAY scarier than me. Girl is a beast. Height is not personality.

"Short Person Syndrome" is a force to be reckoned with. :P

That being said, kinda surprised. 7 feet males and females at (about) 5 feet? That's one hell of a difference.

Dude, doesn't that mean the men break their women during sex?

Ohmygod.

The males have some serious anime hair syndrome going on. That's not unexpected in the slightest of course, but it still makes me laugh.

a4581161-s.jpg

Dude must spend five hours a day just soaking his head in roofing sealant or polymer cement, I swear.

Somewhat unrelated, but I don't see enough female characters wearing the dreadlocks hairstyle. I almost like it as much as the ponytail.

"Short Person Syndrome" is a force to be reckoned with. :P

That being said, kinda surprised. 7 feet males and females at (about) 5 feet? That's one hell of a difference.

Ohmygod.

Hi, my 4'10" Miqo'te character is engaged to a Highlander. \o/

Ohmygod.

We've discussed this before. Genital size is NOT proportional to body size. Remember the gorilla 2-inch penis...

I'm not even talking about genital size. D:

Just the body mass, man.

That gorilla thing makes me chuckle every time... 

I feel like people who find the difference to be personally jarring are perfectly justified in thinking so. It's a pretty alien concept, after all.

But those people who comment on the logistics of intercourse between the two genders get me. I mean, isn't it a bit gauche to go around telling people how little you know about how sex actually works?