Au Ra Character Creation Screens discussion!

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The males look amazing, the females... I play a female Miqo'te and even I'm a bit put off my the 'MOE' vibes the female Au Ra give off... I wish there was a more fierce variant... But chances are I'll play around in the benchmark in a few days and find something I do end up liking.

They're...alright, I guess. I can't quite put a finger upon why I'm not more enthusiastic. I suspect part of it is due to the excessive hype and that so many people are going to be re-rolling/creating Au Ra alts.

I really liked Miqo'te but because there were just so many of them I sort of lost interest in playing one myself. 

The male Au Ra remind me a little of the Castanic of Tera and Blood Elves of WoW - both races I found to be aesthetically pleasing. The females don't interest me at all though - I find the size difference creepy and they don't really look like they're a different race to me to the same extent that their male counterparts do.

Either way FFXIV isn't very alt friendly in my opinion so I'm happy to stick with my current character.

Monday can't come fast enough. I need to get my hands on that character creator >_<

I wonder if the horns will be separated from the faces upon release, since they said they'd expand the creation by then. Even if they aren't, I can deal with that. It'll be fun!

I'm a little less impressed than I thought I'd be but I suppose I won't know for sure until I get my hands on the creator. Pretty excited to see what kinds of Auri we'll be seeing floating around soon, though.

The males look amazing, the females... I play a female Miqo'te and even I'm a bit put off my the 'MOE' vibes the female Au Ra give off... I wish there was a more fierce variant... But chances are I'll play around in the benchmark in a few days and find something I do end up liking.

I think they look way less moe than Miqo'te (who have way more neotenized faces, one of the big moe traits) but since moe is a completely subjective, poorly defined term to begin with there's no way we could possibly reach a consensus about it.

Doesn't surprise me that they only get 4 horn options. I think SE's definition of highly customizable is rather odd.

Still think the scales and horns look like a pasted on cosplay. It's really strange. xD The scales would look a LOT better if they actually blended along the edges into the skin.

Doesn't surprise me that they only get 4 horn options. I think SE's definition of highly customizable is rather odd.

Still think the scales and horns look like a pasted on cosplay. It's really strange. xD The scales would look a LOT better if they actually blended along the edges into the skin.

I agree.

But then again, maybe we're not looking at the final product, they look more like demo screens to me. Perhaps, and hopefully, the scales will be better blended instead of looking like gawky necklaces and face stickers.

Monday can't come fast enough. I need to get my hands on that character creator >_<

I wonder if the horns will be separated from the faces upon release, since they said they'd expand the creation by then. Even if they aren't, I can deal with that. It'll be fun!

I didn't even notice that at first but you're right, it looks like the horns are tied to faces. Sigh. That's one big disappointment but I've heard them quote 'Character Data Limitations' time and time again, such as giving Highlanders more beard options. It sounds like a PS3 limitation, honestly.

I still think the female Miqo'te look more 'moe' than the female Au Ra, but this is definitely just a personal preference thing. Either way, I'm quite excited to get my hands on the creator myself; I've noticed that players can make much better specimens than the devs manage to show off so I'm certain we'll see some even better looking Au Ra. ... that scale mustache looks ridiculous though.

I dunno, I think fem-Ras look edgy compared to miqo'tes if anything, lol.

Anyway, I'm honestly mildly impressed myself, especially the males.

I thought the scales looked bad before, but seeing the dark scales on light skin just makes it even more conspicuous. They don't look like a part of their bodies at all; instead, they look like glued-on cosplay accessories. Blech! Not my thing at all.

If they had an option for scales that actually looked like they were properly grown out of flesh or something... but it seems like you can't even recolor them at all! That's just weak.

The only thing I like are their eye color options, as they appear to have more than any other race. But that's about it. And that is hardly a reason for me to get excited on its own.

Make sure to keep checking the link in the OP throughout the weekend. They've added a few more shots -- most interestingly (for me, anyways) darker skinned Au Ra for both clans! And I think I spy some horn rings on this Raen?

Also... a scaled moustache? Uh... 

ab4e6139-s.jpg

2f32abac-s.jpg

2f32abac-s.jpg

This may cause me to Redact my previous statements.

I was already rollin' Xaela, but this just confirmed it.

So, how mad would people get if I had my Au Ra DRK get into the animu~ habit of yellin' out "ORA!"?

If you don't yell it I will!

....maybe throw in a bunch of " Muda"s in there as well.