Live letter from the Producer: XXI - Summary up!

Mercer

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's hoping the blessing of light is gone for good, they're not really using it very well in the story anyway.

If I have to trade the Blessing of Light and get a protagonist who is smarter, less trusting of obvious villains, and won't take so much guff from every NPC EVER... then yes, let's never have the Blessing of Light again.

I'm already mentally steeling myself for all the disdain, douchery, arrogance and unearned snobbery that you KNOW we're going to get from the Ishgardians when we go in. In my head, I am already regretting beating Steps for people you KNOW ain't gonna appreciate you the second you walk in their perfectly-intact, dragon free gates.

I guess my impatience with the MSQ is showing, isn't it?

I admit you seem to be taking it personally, which I don't really get. ^^;

I'm spoiled after being able to play a character in TOR that could tell NPCs what they could go do to themselves... and then coming here and putting up with Minfilia.

BUT! Seeing Black Mages with new killy stuff right now is good for the soul. Cook 'em!

I admit you seem to be taking it personally, which I don't really get. ^^;

I'm spoiled after being able to play a character in TOR that could tell NPCs what they could go do to themselves... and then coming here and putting up with Minfilia.

BUT! Seeing Black Mages with new killy stuff right now is good for the soul. Cook 'em!

Fellow TOR player of days past, here. I know that feel.

Daily reminder that Black Mages are a daily reminder that EVERYTHING BURNS.

HASTE for BLM! Only applies to the caster, can not be shared between party members. Stepping out of the zone will prematurely cancel the effect.

6o cooldown, lasts 30 seconds. Positioning is very important but really empowers. 

Sharp Casting, makes for 100% proc chance on the next spell.

Enochian (Sp?) 30 second buff that allows Blizz 4 and Fire 4 depending on Astral State. Both Fire 4 and Blizz 4 will not extend the Astral State, will require spell weaving to stay in your Astral State. Blizz 4 will renew the Enochian state on diminishing returns.

WTF 4700 fire 4 hit.

Are they really going to go over every single new ability? That's... kind of boring. Give us Au Ra lore plz.

They aren't, just doing BLM since Yoshi-P loves BLM. They want to explain that things are going to change and drastically as you level, creating new levels of rotation and priority. BLM is a good example as they go from spamming to actually weaving spells to keep buffs active. 

Big changes coming for every job.

The rest just get a basic overview.

(Updating this post as the letter goes on to not spam the topic)

TANKS

PALADIN

PLD is having it's new weapon skill branching depending on Enmity. They are also getting a new set of combos for Offtanks for a more DPS focus.

Divine Veil is a new barrier spell.

New block and shield based actions, including blocking for actions.

Looks like PLD is getting greatly expanded from it's current niche.

WARRIOR

New Stance! Deliverance, a DPS/Offtank focused stance. Abandon is the new stacking buff built in this stance. Stance dancing allows you to carry stacks between Wrath and Deliverance.

Raw Intuition, when struck from front will auto hit. If hit from side, Auto Crit.

New healing actions as well as new actions to consume and build Deliverance. Design goal is to make Defense more powerful and Offense seperate.

DARK KNIGHT

Dark Aura stance: Raises DPS but drains MP. Can not regain MP from party actions (No ballad). Dark Knight has weapon skills to recover MP.

Gripped Stance: Tank mode.

Weapon skills build emnity and leech HP from enemies. Complex combo system.

DARK EVERYTHING. Also: Soul Eater. Living Dead. Emo and Angsty the design goal (straight from Yoshi-P).

DRK do not have a ranged pull, they have a leaping charge.

ALL ACTIONS LEADING TO 50 HAVE BEEN ADJUSTED FOR TANKS!

TANK STANCES HAVE ACCURACY BONUS

DPS

MONK

New actions are used to help extend and preserve Greased Lightning. 

Meditation stacks up to 5. At 5 stacks, allows for new combos and actions. Meditation can be consumed to recover TP.

New action allows easier switching between fighting forms.

New actions will consume Greased Lightning, such as bursting before a high movement phase or invincible phase.

Monk will be more focused on using time and abilities wisely. to maintain DPS as well as high burst and high TP recovery.

DRAGOON

Blood Oath of Dragon, new stance. Thrust combo will have added proc. New branches off each attack, 4 Tiered combo actions. New actions that deplete time in stance. 

Revamped to not only deal damage but to manipulate enemies for maximum damage.

JUMP BEING ADJUSTED ON TIMING AND LANDING, FASTER

NINJA

Less stance switching than MNK and DRG. New combo to extend Huton through the fight, allowing for more Ninjitsu diversity. New positional actions?

Can lower Enmity for self and allies.

HUTON NERF

RANGED DPS

BARD

New Ballad! Wanderer's Minute, enables bards to charge their attacks during cast. Not able to move during charge but dramatically increases DPS of abilities, no auto attack. Requires more ballad management at all times between hard DPS or support.

Sidewinder new action, increases DOT damage.

MACHINIST

Machinist similar mechanically to Bard, different play style. When using utilizing specialized ammo will create different effects on enemies. Each weapon skill interacts with each ammo differently.

Reloading is 5 shots. Each consecutive shot raises your next Proc chance. Reloading will waste the previous remaining stacks of ammo.

Higher DPS if you consume all 5 stacks without stopping, but able shot weaving.

Quick Reload will off cooldown reload a single ammo.

Shot 1 will have a 50% proc rate. Shot 2 will have a higher proc and so on until Shot 5 is a 100% proc.

Bombs are burst damage that requires channeling.

Turrents can attack and give unique boosts depending on the turrent.

SUMMONER

Aether Flow abilities renew DOTS

Tri-Disaster is renamed to Tri-Bind. New Tri-Disaster in Ishgard. Casts Bio, Bio II and Miasma at the same time.

Egi's buffed and expanded.

Aether Flow transforms into DREADWYRM TRANCE at 30 seconds.

POWER OF BAHAMUT. GAIN POWER OF BAHAMUT DURING DREADWYRM TRANCE!

NO NEW EGI. INSTEAD CUSTOMIZE EGI APPEARANCE.

HEALERS

WHITE MAGE

Originally a pure Healer, shifting to a hybrid DPS/Healer role officially. 

Aylum field, Regen field. Attack/Heal hybrid attack. Added lesser Benediction like instants. 

Stone 3 and Aero 3 both AOE, Aero 3 applies an AoE DOT.

Protect spell being adjusted so that it's buff amount is equalized between classes that can use it. Keep balance between the new healer trinity.

SCHOLAR

Instead of making SCH more powerful, they wanted to make it more strategic. The change is not evident in small parties but is more powerful in large parties. New actions are about AoE heals centered on the Scholar.

Deployment Tactics! Effects Eye for an Eye and Adloquim and manipulates their effects.

Emergency Tactics! Changes Aqloquim from a barrier to an aggressive heal.

Dissipation! Sacrifices pet into a large healing power buff.

ASTROLOGIAN

Two Stances: Moon Reading and Star Reading.

Moon Reading is much like WHM, powerful big heals. Star Reading is like SCH, barrier focused. Each stance changes actions greatly and will have very different rotations and priorities depending on the stance.

Big barriers, like Y'shtola.

Draw cards from 6 types. For example: Attack Boost, Haste, Decrease Damage, etc. Once you draw a card you keep it on hold. 

Royal Road lets you draw again and create a stacking buff between the two cards. May boost cards or turn them into AoE.

Spread lets you apply the buff to yourself.

Shuffle lets you discard and redraw.

WARRIOR

New Stance! Deliverance, a DPS/Offtank focused stance. Abandon is the new stacking buff built in this stance. Stance dancing allows you to carry stacks between Wrath and Deliverance.

Yessssssssss.

(Updating this post as the letter goes on to not spam the topic)

PALADIN

PLD is having it's new weapon skill branching depending on Enmity. They are also getting a new set of combos for Offtanks for a more DPS focus.

Divine Veil is a new barrier spell.

New block and shield based actions, including blocking for actions.

Looks like PLD is getting greatly expanded from it's current niche.

Oh Snap now i  really want HW now.

WARRIOR

Yessssssssss.

That's what I said. It sounds like Warrior is about to get more technical. Love it. Still looking HARD at DRK, though.

That's what I said. It sounds like Warrior is about to get more technical. Love it. Still looking HARD at DRK, though.

I love that WAR is getting more to it. Stance dance classes/characters are almost always my favorites.

Can someone please sum up MNK changes for me? I'm at work and have no sound. ; ;

Best Mage was the first class preview.

Pssssssh. Mages.

:)

HNNNGH LEAPING CHARGE for DRK. Memories of my TOR Jedi Guardian are surfacing.

I really liked that engagement action, hell all of the new actions look very fluid.

..psst you should totally let me be your tag along as Astrologian

waits patiently for Yvel-senpai to invite him to a group so he can watch the chaos

HNNNGH LEAPING CHARGE for DRK. Memories of my TOR Jedi Guardian are surfacing.

If PLD and WAR don't get a movement/displacement skill to level the field, then we're going to have some disparity on our hands.

...that said, I freakin' loved my Sith Juggernaut.

I love that WAR is getting more to it. Stance dance classes/characters are almost always my favorites.

Can someone please sum up MNK changes for me? I'm at work and have no sound. ; ;

Monks are getting more strategic, is what I got from it, and will need to pay very close attention to what stance they are in for new possibilities, and some cases will have to give up their stances for defensive purposes.

The new combat moves, in tandem, look like somebody at SE really likes Shotokan characters from street fighter - lots of fire, uppercuts and jump kicks.