Live letter from the Producer: XXI - Summary up!

Mercer

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

All these additional DPS abilities is making me kind of scared.

There's already a huge, enormous outsized difference between players who know how to play their classes and players who don't. The additional abilities are only going to increase the divide.

They really need some kind of proper tutorial for each class, because way too many players are going to get carried to cap without knowing how to play properly.

Then we cast further scrutiny and continue to weed the chaffe.

DRK Will be able to use Cross-class skills from MRD and GLD! Confirmed!

Now I just want MOAR cross-class info.

This coupled with a movement skill. Hoo, boy.

Do we know if we're getting additional cross-class skill slots to go with the increased level cap of 60? If it's still five, I'm thinking the following for DRK...

Provoke

Convalescence

Flash

Bloodbath

Mercy Stroke

Not necessarily in that order.

Wondering if we're getting any ROG cross-class skills. {Perfect Dodge}, {I want it}.

This coupled with a movement skill. Hoo, boy.

Do we know if we're getting additional cross-class skill slots to go with the increased level cap of 60? If it's still five, I'm thinking the following for DRK...

Provoke

Convalescence

Flash

Bloodbath

Mercy Stroke

Not necessarily in that order.

Wondering if we're getting any ROG cross-class skills. {Perfect Dodge}, {I want it}.

This does answer a very big question that I had, though - whether it would be worth leveling other classes to support the three new jobs, whereas is DRK/AST/MCH didn't tap anything from the previous classes, then there would be no point, for some people.

DUNGEON VIDEO INCOMING.

(Updating this post as the letter goes on to not spam the topic)

TANKS

PALADIN

PLD is having it's new weapon skill branching depending on Enmity. They are also getting a new set of combos for Offtanks for a more DPS focus.

Divine Veil is a new barrier spell.

New block and shield based actions, including blocking for actions.

Looks like PLD is getting greatly expanded from it's current niche.

WARRIOR

New Stance! Deliverance, a DPS/Offtank focused stance. Abandon is the new stacking buff built in this stance. Stance dancing allows you to carry stacks between Wrath and Deliverance.

Raw Intuition, when struck from front will auto hit. If hit from side, Auto Crit.

New healing actions as well as new actions to consume and build Deliverance. Design goal is to make Defense more powerful and Offense seperate.

DARK KNIGHT

Dark Aura stance: Raises DPS but drains MP. Can not regain MP from party actions (No ballad). Dark Knight has weapon skills to recover MP.

Gripped Stance: Tank mode.

Weapon skills build emnity and leech HP from enemies. Complex combo system.

DARK EVERYTHING. Also: Soul Eater. Living Dead. Emo and Angsty the design goal (straight from Yoshi-P).

DRK do not have a ranged pull, they have a leaping charge.

ALL ACTIONS LEADING TO 50 HAVE BEEN ADJUSTED FOR TANKS!

TANK STANCES HAVE ACCURACY BONUS

Its beautiful.... its all so beautiful. :dazed:

WHITE MAGE

Originally a pure Healer, shifting to a hybrid DPS/Healer role officially. 

Aylum field, Regen field. Attack/Heal hybrid attack. Added lesser Benediction like instants. 

Stone 3 and Aero 3 both AOE, Aero 3 applies an AoE DOT.

Protect spell being adjusted so that it's buff amount is equalized between classes that can use it. Keep balance between the new healer trinity.

Since getting into healing more at first for rp reasons and now for ooc, this shit sounds amazing.

That's what I said. It sounds like Warrior is about to get more technical. Love it. Still looking HARD at DRK, though.

I love that WAR is getting more to it. Stance dance classes/characters are almost always my favorites.

Can someone please sum up MNK changes for me? I'm at work and have no sound. ; ;

Monks are getting more strategic, is what I got from it, and will need to pay very close attention to what stance they are in for new possibilities, and some cases will have to give up their stances for defensive purposes.

The new combat moves, in tandem, look like somebody at SE really likes Shotokan characters from street fighter - lots of fire, uppercuts and jump kicks.

[Pullin hairs]

Less shoto More Fei long esqe.

Shoto's don't really have many/any very flowy atacks.

[/pulling hairs]

Am I the only one who watched the BLM cast Haste and thing, "That spell circle is pretty sweet looking... I hope it can be cast out of battle for RP"?

Nope, you weren't. There are LOTS of cool RP uses for some of those animations, and I don't even have a Thaumaturge past lvl 21 yet.

Anyone else think/hope the post-50 quests for the ARR jobs have some familiar faces in them? Estinien from the DRG job quests has a major part to play, as we saw in the quests leading up to Steps of Faith. I'd like to see what Curious Gorge and Solkzagyl have been up to as well. In particular the latter; you know we haven't seen the last of the former Sultansworn Captain.

Anyone else think/hope the post-50 quests for the ARR jobs have some familiar faces in them? Estinien from the DRG job quests has a major part to play, as we saw in the quests leading up to Steps of Faith. I'd like to see what Curious Gorge and Solkzagyl have been up to as well. In particular the latter; you know we haven't seen the last of the former Sultansworn Captain.

it would be interesting to see Solkzagyl as the PLD mentor in 3.0

BLU looking [...] gear?

tumblr_nopr9qH52z1u6rer8o8_400.png

It's... so beautiful... *wipes tear*

so badass. i hope it's not bound to a specific class :D

Also, can someone PM me the spoilery NPCs that appeared during the broadcast? I missed them (during the tour of Ishgard), and I couldn't rely on the chat to give a clear answer because everyone was yelling for that Ben guy :|