Live letter from the Producer: XXI - Summary up!

Mercer

Anyone else think/hope the post-50 quests for the ARR jobs have some familiar faces in them? Estinien from the DRG job quests has a major part to play, as we saw in the quests leading up to Steps of Faith. I'd like to see what Curious Gorge and Solkzagyl have been up to as well. In particular the latter; you know we haven't seen the last of the former Sultansworn Captain.

Yknow what I REALLY wanna see?

Yknow the dragoon y'fight in the job quests, and how he's from a village burnt by Dravinians? Ferndale? I remember exploring it in 1.0, I really hope that if not him, then the instructor, or maybe someone else takes you on a journey there or something,

I remember in 1.0 you'd have to teleport to camp glory? then head north past the weeping vale, go through the tunnels of will-o-wips that were like level 60, until you reached the Feathergorge area, then head north fro mthere through another tunnel system that would spit you out east of Ferndale's ruins.

Really any excuse to see Eastern Coerthas and the Dawn Vigil (So excited to be returning to the Dusk vigil after it being nothing more than the BLM artifact pick up.)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else think/hope the post-50 quests for the ARR jobs have some familiar faces in them? Estinien from the DRG job quests has a major part to play, as we saw in the quests leading up to Steps of Faith. I'd like to see what Curious Gorge and Solkzagyl have been up to as well. In particular the latter; you know we haven't seen the last of the former Sultansworn Captain.

Yknow what I REALLY wanna see?

Yknow the dragoon y'fight in the job quests, and how he's from a village burnt by Dravinians? Ferndale? I remember exploring it in 1.0, I really hope that if not him, then the instructor, or maybe someone else takes you on a journey there or something,

I remember in 1.0 you'd have to teleport to camp glory? then head north past the weeping vale, go through the tunnels of will-o-wips that were like level 60, until you reached the Feathergorge area, then head north fro mthere through another tunnel system that would spit you out east of Ferndale's ruins.

Really any excuse to see Eastern Coerthas and the Dawn Vigil (So excited to be returning to the Dusk vigil after it being nothing more than the BLM artifact pick up.)

I want to see Eastern Coerthas as well, for my own selfish reasons. Yvelont spent most of his childhood in Owls' Nest. I'd really like to see it again (and that windmill!) even if it is sadly covered with snow now. :/

HRK- that f'in Allagan dungeon. BRB while Chao goes and takes over the joint.

I'm really happy that we're not done with the Allag yet and the dev team is allowing us to continue looking into them even as the MSQ focus shifts around. Likewise for the Garleans.

BLU looking [...] gear?

tumblr_nopr9qH52z1u6rer8o8_400.png

It's... so beautiful... *wipes tear*

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that it might be either a dungeon set or new Gold Saucer gear. I hope it's the latter, personally. (Because that'll mean it's not bound to one job/role-type.)

Also, here are all of the other armors that were shown in the LL stream:

http://imgur.com/a/jlVAY#Fdg8jyO (+1 more: http://i.imgur.com/OUoPVnR.png)

That's definitely treasure hunter gear for sure.

Might be rare drops from level 60 treasure maps, too. 'cause, you know, he's a TREASURE HUNTER.

Job wise, I'm kinda glad that they're doing that, but at the same time I worry because of the level 50 egi ability. If you glamour the egi, will THAT change (keep the same functionality, but give different effects, etc.)

I also quite like Warrior's focus. BLM is interesting as well. 

SMN worries me a bit - Tri-Disaster will apply Miasma/Bio1/Bio2, but what about Miasma2?

SCH finally going into what the fuck they were supposed to be doing (military strategy) through mechanics.

All in all I'm loving these changes because they feel like they're being made with reconciling the lore of the classes with their gameplay.

want:

MIUnWls.jpg

Yes, so much..... I hope it's dyeable!

Also, seriously... the new trailer and the song is killing me. It gives me such a strong, melancholic vibe. For me, it does a great job to convey the atmosphere of trying to pick yourself up and push forward even after you've lost everything. I keep listening to it. I just love it so much X_X

I quite like the look of the new gear. Let's not forget that we'll be able to get very creative by mixing and matching it with older stuff. So even if someone dislikes parts of a set they can consider picking out the stuff they do like and combining it with something different.

I should clarify. What I've seen of the new gear doesn't appeal to me, but I've not seen a lot since my time has been taken up since getting off work in playing D&D, which I'm generally not allowed to go to other websites or play Final Fantasy because I get too distracted to actually play the game. Yes, I'm breaking that ban right now.

That said, my GF showed me some of the sets. One of the new lances wasn't bad-looking, but as I have this thing for weapons with moving parts on R'tahz, I don't think I'll be using it. She also showed me the GS (presumed) gear, which I am quite favorable of...when worn on her characters.

But I've not had the time to actually sit down and look at them all, and as game is/has run over, I may not get to tonight...

want:

MIUnWls.jpg

Knight... different colour but its the same armor.

latest?cb=20100930142756

I have to disagree, the pauldrons and Polyns don't match up (the shoulder and knee arnmour, same with the cuisse (upper leg). Also the helmet looks different, though the angle is slightly off, the 3d one looks to be a bascinet, and the drawing? looks to be a sallet. There are also some divergences with the cuirass also.

yes, I'm an armour nerd.... it comes with being a larper and soon to be re-enactor xD

want:

MIUnWls.jpg

Knight... different colour but its the same armor.

latest?cb=20100930142756

I have to disagree, the pauldrons and Polyns don't match up (the shoulder and knee arnmour, same with the cuisse (upper leg). Also the helmet looks different, though the angle is slightly off, the 3d one looks to be a bascinet, and the drawing? looks to be a sallet. There are also some divergences with the cuirass also.

yes, I'm an armour nerd.... it comes with being a larper and soon to be re-enactor xD

Yeah noticed the detail after iposted it and edited the post..... but...

There are more then enough influances.

http://imgur.com/a/jlVAY#

Still no naming conventions for the Au Ra? -.- Come on SE... there's only 9 days left in May, I thought I saw somewhere they'd release them this month.

The end of May as I recall, so it's not that unusual that nothing was mentioned.

I believe that the lore was put up on it's own without real, elaborate notice(no letter anyways) so the conventions likely might be a similar case.

No Ramuh-Egi, Jana is a sad cat. At least I didn't jump in and say she has it already, but the wait for this Egi-glamour is gonna drive me up the wall. NEW TRI DISASTER THOUGH

NEW MONK MOVES

USING GLIII FOR MUH SUPERMETER

Did the Allagan dungeon have feathery Ixal in the bio-tubes? I wonder if that's what Ayatlan actually is.

I knew they were not just messing with us. Naming a mission "Let us cling together." Well played SE... well played.

Dragoon...

TO8vk0A.jpg

Dragoon from Tactics Ogre

latest?cb=20110101205855

Im on a phone so I cant post them all but several of the armors are from Ogre.

Tactics Ogre...now you're speaking my language.

No Ramuh-Egi, Jana is a sad cat. At least I didn't jump in and say she has it already, but the wait for this Egi-glamour is gonna drive me up the wall. NEW TRI DISASTER THOUGH

NEW MONK MOVES

USING GLIII FOR MUH SUPERMETER

Did the Allagan dungeon have feathery Ixal in the bio-tubes? I wonder if that's what Ayatlan actually is.

See im wondering what they mean by glamour. How will we glamour them? And with what? Will we use minions as glamour bases? Summoners with fatcats and moggles?

My assumption is that you'll just choose which Primal you want to draw power from; no Fat Cats will be harmed. This does make me wonder if crystal-summoned non-primals like King Mog and Enkidu count (probably not but it's fun to think about)! And Bahamut being the method to suddenly cast Judgement Bolt or whatever makes me wonder how it'll happen story-wise, since I doubt they're going to assume everyone's cleared Final Coil.

The Ogre influences shouldn't come as a huge surprise! Akihiko Yoshida has had a strong presence in FFXIV's official artwork for a long time now. I'm super-stoked for that Dragoon set in particular.

For the knight.. eh, the 3D pic is a bit blurry, but unless that's just a pronounced gorget it looks like the helm might have a bevor. Makes me think it's more likely an armet. Either way: I want it for my upcoming DRK.

The Ogre influences shouldn't come as a huge surprise! Akihiko Yoshida has had a strong presence in FFXIV's official artwork for a long time now. I'm super-stoked for that Dragoon set in particular.

For the knight.. eh, the 3D pic is a bit blurry, but unless that's just a pronounced gorget it looks like the helm might have a bevor. Makes me think it's more likely an armet. Either way: I want it for my upcoming DRK.

That and also by how much YP seems to draw from Yasumi Matsuno's work I think.

Also.... dat dancer gear... ill buy it for Clio.

0TyVgFL.jpg