What's your characters favorite type of music?

Xzenivar

Inspired by the character theme song threads, I started wondering about music in general within the world our characters live in. This thread isn't really about that, as what music you think exists within the realm will be it's own thread (here). No no, this for fun :D So the question is, given an mp3 player and the ability to download any and all the music out there, what would be your character's favorite genre, band, whatever? Does your brawny Warrior have a perchant for show tunes? Is your pure hearted White Mage into death metal? Maybe your Dark Knight has a thing for Disney? I won't judge, maybe a little.

Just to be clear, it can be music that we know is already apart of the world, if we know any that is for sure apart of it.

So to kick things off I'll go first, A'kos would probably go for fast paced music, something he could dance or fight to. If it's upbeat, groovy, if its got a positive theme better still. He wouldn't have to know the language to enjoy it, and I think a few songs by Katy Perry would be guilty pleasures he'd never admit to.

Asmodean would enjoy classic rock way too much. Stuff like Iron Maiden and Man O War would just call out to him.

In world music however, Asmo has a soft spot of anything done on a piano. He used to play one and hasn't had a chance to see if he can still play or not. He'll also respect a skilled piano player.

I'm not sure there is any in-game equivalent to hard rock, but anything lively (preferably with a good beat, but not required).  The kind of music that even if you don't feel like dancing might still make you bob your head or tap your foot without realizing it.

Chachan would likely like any of that cheerful, cutesy songs that people challenge others to see how long they can listen to it. Like Nyan Cat. And anything that was super-heroic sounding for him to blare when he's daydreaming about doing heroic things.

Gogon is likely that arrogant jerk that only listens to classical music. Not classic rock, straight classical. And maybe some opera. Very high-brow "I'm so much more sophisticated than you" stuff.

I'm not entirely sure what Judge would listen to. Haikus or ballroom dance music, maybe? Something with a very exacting structure. One, two, three, one, two, three...

Chachan would likely like any of that cheerful, cutesy songs that people challenge others to see how long they can listen to it. Like Nyan Cat. And anything that was super-heroic sounding for him to blare when he's daydreaming about doing heroic things.

Gogon is likely that arrogant jerk that only listens to classical music. Not classic rock, straight classical. And maybe some opera. Very high-brow "I'm so much more sophisticated than you" stuff.

I'm not entirely sure what Judge would listen to. Haikus or ballroom dance music, maybe? Something with a very exacting structure. One, two, three, one, two, three...

This is JUDGE type of music

rH9XIo02I04

Actually thought a lot about this over the last couple months. I can see Sounsyy being really into Country, Folk, and old gospel spirituals. (Even though she's not really religious, she'd love the soul of them.) Might update with specific songs/artists later.

Corelyn, traditionally, throughout her iterations, has actually been a fan of most kinds of metal. Heavy metal, death metal, power metal, especially progressive... Though she also enjoys more classical music, as well, mostly piano. She always knows how to play piano.

Dail'a would be more the type for hard rock, alternative, EDM, or dubstep, typically.

If we were to stay within the confines of what may be feasible within the world of Eorzea itself, Orrin would have tastes for classical, orchestral as opposed to bard troupes with singers. However, Orrin would have a soft spot for the sort music used for dance in what could be seen as "lower class" areas. Its a bit of my personal head-canon that Ishgardian formals in the pillars would be too stiff for his liking. It'd be akin to the sountracks found here

-QcbdIopUTo

nf9GjH5zWFk

oiGxNFlOO5k

If we go for what's available in our world. I think Orrin may be a metalhead just by virtue of how many songs is about god damn slaying dragons. It also has the appeal of technical skill which he respects deeply. Otherwise I don't think there would be much music in his life.

Nil would definitely be for dubstep, or at least anything to get the blood flowing during a workout at the pugilist guild. Miyu would more enjoy something calming like orchestral or choral music. She does love playing piano after all.