I am NOT HAPPY! (half joking, half not)

Well I've been gone but I'm back again!

*everyone secretly groans*

So wanted to get back into the game again and hey! this time I'm sporting a shiny new gaming PC woot-woot!

So I wanted to switch from PS4 to PC depending on what part of the house my game time is taking place in. Found out I have to purchase another copy of the game for the PC.

Okay, fair enough, 2 different systems.

But hey, before I do that I should get Heavensward as well.

But wait.....I need to purchase 2 expansion packs to play the same content on both platforms!

No. Nope. Don't think so. Not happening. No way. No how.

So what happens if I'm in Heavensward on my PC as a Deathknight and I re-log in on my PS4? To me having to buy 2 of the same expansions pack seems a little much.

You probably hit an error screen and get booted back to the lobby server. That's what XI did, anyway.

Well, that would seem, suckish.

Laptops are a thing. Problem solved. :P

You are a genius, I can't even.....just genius I'm telling you!

Except for the fact it wouldn't take care of my original problem lol

Its hard man. I feel your pain I'm on PS4, got a new PC a few months ago that could actually play the game (my old PC was archaic). I'd rather play on PC, but since I have it on PS4 its actually cheaper to just buy a new mouse and keeping using my PS4 over my PC. 

Besides then I don't have to alt-tab to watch youtube while waiting for my more detailed paragraph posters to type.

Laptops are a thing. Problem solved. :P

You are a genius, I can't even.....just genius I'm telling you!

Except for the fact it wouldn't take care of my original problem lol

Well... having already gotten the full game on PS4 (if I'm reading into your OP correctly), nope, it sure wouldn't. :P Hindsight, though. PC's the best gaming platform!

If you contact customer support, you might - maybe - be able to convince them to switch your licenses from PS4 to PC, now that I think of it. It'd be a permanent change if they could even do it, though, and you'd probably have to lie and claim your PS4 died or something. I have no idea if it would work out, but you never know.

This is actually something the devs talked about pre-early access of HW and afterwards. All of the platforms' licenses are separate and you will have (some) problems depending on what you want to do.

Yeah I left before HW even released, a few months before it released I think. Which in case, I missed all the talk about it and all the news and updates.

I think I've been gone roughly 8 months I think?

This is actually something the devs talked about pre-early access of HW and afterwards. All of the platforms' licenses are separate and you will have (some) problems depending on what you want to do.

Yeah I left before HW even released, a few months before it released I think. Which in case, I missed all the talk about it and all the news and updates.

Um... your last post before today was literally 2 days before Heavensward officially dropped and 2 days after early access. Um... ok.

For the future, make sure you know all your licenses. Per platform. Mac is SOL and they're forcibly refunding those licenses etc.

PC: There are two different licenses. IF YOU BUY OFF STEAM YOU MUST BUY EXPANSION FROM STEAM!!!!!111111

PS3 licenses and PS4 licenses -are- separate too.

Um... your last post before today was literally 2 days before Heavensward officially dropped and 2 days after early access. Um... ok.

For the future, make sure you know all your licenses. Per platform. Mac is SOL and they're forcibly refunding those licenses etc.

PC: There are two different licenses. IF YOU BUY OFF STEAM YOU MUST BUY EXPANSION FROM STEAM!!!!!111111

PS3 licenses and PS4 licenses -are- separate too.

I meant away from the game, I still visited forums now and again.

But other then that I stand corrected, I still logged in maybe for a few minutes every couple weeks or so, but other than that, it's actually been closer to 5 months away from game.

I became a Dad about 6 months ago, so if you are/have been a father, I'm sure you can imagine how little of play time I've had in those few months lol.

Also thanks for the heads-up on the Steam thing. I did not know that!

I "understand" on an intellectual level but not from experience xD No worries, just wished you looked a little to save some cash.

A -lot- of people bought steam versions because of the steam sales and such and it's weird.

Anyway, if you bought a PC version from the store or amazon you will be fine continuing those. Steam version is a special special duck of its own.