FFXIV Commercials on TV

Kage

So... I've seen or heard of some strange FFXIV commercials.

cox-8F69zM4

9OEw8qAoNT8

New one using 3.0 Heavensward benchmark stuff.

_hvN3AkVL2k

Would -any- of these interest you? What could they do better?

I like the new one mentions the trial. But it uses all Heavensward stuff...

...The second on looks like something from the early 90's.

I was waiting for someone to shout 'Totally radical dude!'

latest?cb=20140910040316

That's rad!

But fucking A I watched the second one and cringed so hard at mostly the voice over. I mean sure it looks like a commercial from the 90s but it wasn't a horrible premise.

But his voice D:

The first two are just...tacky. I don't think that they really fit the 'feel' of FFXIV and they'd make me not want to admit to playing the game in the first place if that happened to be how the game was perceived in more mainstream circles.

Though I felt that way about WoW's commercials as well. The third is...decent enough, I suppose. It still doesn't excite me though. Releasing an edited version of the patch trailers, however, or the expansion's launch trailer as a commercial would work very well I think.

First one was ok.

2nd one would of been ok. Started good at the begining but ya...that voice.

3rd one is ok as well. 

Don't think any of them would really get me to play if I didn't have intrest already.

zI4lgz-qq24

Not sure if this was ever on TV, but I love Ikuta Toma and was pleased to see he had done something for FFXIV!

This still has that 90s feel thing going on. Not sure if just because of the color or not.

I didn't really recognize anything as much as I had with like a miqo'te or roegadyn from the English 90s-style version. The elezen archer and miqo'te ??? were much more fleeting than the other versions from my memory. Will have to compare.

It might just be me, but I HATE live action commercials for games where people dress as the races and classes in the game. It just looks so stupid.

Sq8MBfOzCLw

This is the only good "MMOs are real" ad I've ever seen, and that's only because it plays on the absurdity of the notion.

Except for this one. That was pretty funny.