End Game Gear Help

Ton

Hi,

I'm just hitting end game now (yeah I'm slow!) ilvl 172, just unlocked Alexander 4 normal.

I'm wondering if it's worth it to farm more law tomes and centurio seals to upgrade my ilvl170 Yasha gear to ilvl180 Asuran gear. I'm thinking by the time I get enough I may have got enough gordian pieces to get ilvl190 stuff and enough eso to start collecting my ilvl 200 gear.

Or maybe the 190 and 200 grind is slower than I think?

Anyone with experience, please let me know your thoughts.:moogle:

If just one class at 60 then you are probably best spending the Law on i180 as you get it along with hunts. Do Weapon > chest/legs > head/hands/feet > accessories.

You will soon be i179 (as you will still have an i170 ring)

i190 can be a grind if you are after specific drops, so be prepared to grind or just accept the random aspects. 

i200 is capped to 450 a week, so you can plan and adjust what you get based on your i190 drops. An i200 is a good choice to go for 1st, followed by i200 ring then fill in as appropriate. If not a tank, then your armour (left side) is where the Vit is so if you need a bot more prioritise these.

If doing more than one level 60 then I would gear your main reasonably well and start dropping i200 weapons and i190 on the secondary classes (this makes Alex a bit easier as you can take most drops to win). I can say that I get more than enough Law to i180 a 60 as soon as it gets there, and my i190 is starting to spill over so it is waiting for me to level the class.

Above i200 and you will be running the end game stuff and probably have gotten past this stage.

Even with optimal lotting of the Gordion parts, it still takes 4-6 weeks to obtain a complete/mostly complete i190 gordion gear set. In this same amount of time (6 weeks), you can obtain between 3-4 i200 esoterics pieces, assuming you prioritize the weapon first - something that should most definitely be done regardless of whether you are tank, dps, or healer.

With that in mind, 6 weeks is a long time if measured in the number of expert roulettes. Minimum 6 per week to cap eso. Times 6 weeks gives you a minimum 36 dungeons run if you do no other content. So I recommend at least attempting to upgrade some of the essential pieces of Yasha gear to the upgraded Asuran. I'd recommend getting an Asuran weapon asap if Bismarck or Ravana weapons are out of reach. Then start upgrading to Asuran accessories as they are cheap and you'll likely want to prioritize left-side eso gear depending on your claass's best in slot build if that's important to you.

Also note that in about 6 weeks ish from now, Patch 3.1 will be dropping, releasing the Void Ark 24-man raid that will drop i200 Gear as well - one piece per week. New expert dungeons may also drop i170 or 180 gear.

Hope this helps! ^^ Out of curiosity, which class are you working to gear up?

Welcome to end game!

I've found while farming for gordian and eso I'm getting more law tomes than I know what to do with. :P It is more of a time investment, though.

The i200 grind is quite slow. It takes around 3 months to get full eso gear if that's what you're aiming for (including weapon). Alexander depends on what you go for each week. You can get one drop from each floor. 4 weeks, or 2 weeks, for the body, and legs. Or in 2 weeks you could get the feet and hands. So it'll still take a month or so to get a full left side, regardless.

Getting and upgrading law tomes is quite quick in comparison!

So it might be worth aiming for gordian and eso gear now. It's worth adding as well that all i180 will get you through all current content comfortably, so if you don't have more time to dedicate to farming (or want to) then it's more than fine. And 3.1 is on the way too, as Sounsyy mentioned.

Depending on your play style (are you seeking full best-in-slot?) I would look at the stats on everything and get some pieces of each depending what you need.

I don't know if you've any interest in it, but the new relic chain will be starting in 3.1 as well, so you might not want to spend your eso on a weapon for your main class if you plan to pick that up.

Hope this helps. :)

Wow thanks for all the info guys. I've only got one character to 60 currently (although I'm working diligently on my botanist, and think I'll start a white mage soon.. or today). And I'm looking forward to the new relic weapon, most definitely.

From the sounds of it, I won't be able to complete a 190 or 200 set before 3.1 comes out, which is probably going to shake things up pretty well.

I guess I'll start saving up those law tomes again to get that 180 gear asap. It sounds like by the time 3.1 hits I'll have a hodgepodge of gear lol. I already have an ilvl200 ring, so at least I can break that 179 stage before 3.1 hits.

My main is BRD Sounsyy. I wish we had more utility in fights, but it's still great fun to play, and doesn't look half bad. :)

I dunno Aris, probably not the best gear. One day for sure I'll cap out my gear, but I'm just trying to keep up with content as best I can at this point.

I just got to 54 on Scholar last night and I'm sooper excited about the approaching endgame. Once I finally bite the bullet and grind Thaum for Swiftcast, I shall be the fairest of them all.

Scholar is probably one of the most comfortable classes I have played in an MMO. Unlocking Cleric Stance from Conjurer was such an incredible game changer, as it swaps Int and Mind stats. I can use that to alternate my stats when I feel like kicking back and running SMN in dungeons, but honestly I vastly prefer DPSing as a scholar. (DoTs out the ass) It's a shame I don't get to choose. I can't wait to see how effective I am in both modes when I have my endgame gear. The goal is to get the highest Mind possible with a secondary focus on spell speed. It seems Summoner gear doesn't have nearly as much speed bonus, so I'm going to thoroughly enjoy popping CS and Broiling my enemies at lightning speed.

Glamour goal is probably the Labyrinth of the Ancients armor IF I can dye the red parts blue. Solmund would never be caught dead in red. *The Wiz reference*.

I just got to 54 on Scholar last night and I'm sooper excited about the approaching endgame. Once I finally bite the bullet and grind Thaum for Swiftcast, I shall be the fairest of them all.

Scholar is probably one of the most comfortable classes I have played in an MMO. Unlocking Cleric Stance from Conjurer was such an incredible game changer, as it swaps Int and Mind stats. I can use that to alternate my stats when I feel like kicking back and running SMN in dungeons, but honestly I vastly prefer DPSing as a scholar. (DoTs out the ass) It's a shame I don't get to choose. I can't wait to see how effective I am in both modes when I have my endgame gear. The goal is to get the highest Mind possible with a secondary focus on spell speed. It seems Summoner gear doesn't have nearly as much speed bonus, so I'm going to thoroughly enjoy popping CS and Broiling my enemies at lightning speed.

Glamour goal is probably the Labyrinth of the Ancients armor IF I can dye the red parts blue. Solmund would never be caught dead in red. *The Wiz reference*.

Alas, CT gear cannot be dyed. My apologies, friend.

As for endgame grind, I do my daily expert roulette and also have been grinding Alex floors for Prototype Gordion gear. I started my Eso grind with my weapon (Antiquated Deathbringer, for the extra edge!) and will be working for the chest piece next. I find it's easier to get the high-price gear (weapon, chest, pants) out of the way first, so that the last few bits (head, hands, legs, and accessories) seem much faster in comparison.

I'm glad to hear you're having fun as a scholar/SMN. I'm rolling a healer next and didn't really consumer scholar as an option. But if you're telling me it's cushy and fun, that may just be the right way to go.

:lol: Honestly I have more fun with end game. Instances are fun, and I feel like this is where you meet more people on the server. Working on crafting and gathering in between dungeons and your profit starts increasing exponentially too. Labrynth armour looks really good imo.

Alternatively if you want to brave the savage raid it does drop i210 pieces. That can make your life a little easier with more a challenge put in front of you

I want to try it. I just need to find a good FC when I hit Balmung on the 20th. :)

Do what I do, forget all endgame content, then 3 expansions later run through it solosmile.gif

Not sure that's possible in FFXIV though. It was in Rift.

I'm already playing catchup lol. I feel like most of the server is way ahead of me!

Just to add, i170/80/90 gear is multi-class, while i200 is for a single class.

So for alt classes i190 may be the best aim before 3.1

I'm thinking I'll get 190 max before 3.1 as well. The thing is I don't want to do another DPS so I'm not sure I'll be making much use of cross-class armour. :bouncy:

• 4 weeks later...

Here's how to do it fast:

Get 180 weapon, body, legs. Get one 180 ring so you can have a Yasha and an Asuran ring and not use an i160 ring.

Week 1: A1 Chain, A2 Lens, A3 Lens, A4 Crank

Week 2: A1 Pedal, A2 Pedal, A3 Crank, A4 Spring

In two weeks, you now have i190 hat, gloves, belt and shoes.

Week 3: A1 Bolt, A2 Bolt, A3 Spring, A4 Spring

Week 4: A1 Bolt, A2 Bolt, A3 Spring, A4 Shaft

In four weeks you have every part i190, except the body armor and the second ring slot because SE is silly and made rings unique. By this time you could buy one of the i200 Job-Specific Equipment body armors and an i200 ring.

If you want the i200 weapon first, you'll have to stick with the i180 body armor for another 3 weeks to get the parts.

Here's how to do it fast:

Get 180 weapon, body, legs. Get one 180 ring so you can have a Yasha and an Asuran ring and not use an i160 ring.

Week 1: A1 Chain, A2 Lens, A3 Lens, A4 Crank

Week 2: A1 Pedal, A2 Pedal, A3 Crank, A4 Spring

In two weeks, you now have i190 hat, gloves, belt and shoes.

Week 3: A1 Bolt, A2 Bolt, A3 Spring, A4 Spring

Week 4: A1 Bolt, A2 Bolt, A3 Spring, A4 Shaft

In four weeks you have every part i190, except the body armor and the second ring slot because SE is silly and made rings unique. By this time you could buy one of the i200 Job-Specific Equipment body armors and an i200 ring.

If you want the i200 weapon first, you'll have to stick with the i180 body armor for another 3 weeks to get the parts.

Thanks for the help. You're right, I ended up with all 190 and a few 200s, walking into 3.1 at ilvl193.

With the addition of Void Ark, how have the optimized gear methods changed?

From my understanding, airship exploration missions will give random gear up to i210, so that will be another avenue to gear up.

Also, like previously with hunts, you'll be able use Centurio Seals to buy Clan Mark Logs (500 CS each) to trade for Illuminati Gobtwine/Illuminati Gobcoat which upgrades eso gear to i210.

We won't know what's best until seeing stats, but at least there are a few different options now to gear up, which is nice. :thumbsup: