Kage

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devs: "It completely covers your hand!"

MNK Playerbase: 

david-tennant-in-the-rain.gif

Lol I dunno which monks you hang out with, but all the monks I know are STOKED for those weapons, including myself!

I was kinda lighting on how most MNKs want a weapon that gets as close to being just our fists as possible, and that a weapon that completely covers it is basically the opposite of that.

Explaining a joke is a lot like vivisecting a frog. You learn a lot, but the frog dies in the process.

Devs: "It completely covers your hand!"

MNK Playerbase: 

Lol I dunno which monks you hang out with, but all the monks I know are STOKED for those weapons, including myself!

I was kinda lighting on how most MNKs want a weapon that gets as close to being just our fists as possible, and that a weapon that completely covers it is basically the opposite of that.

Explaining a joke is a lot like vivisecting a frog. You learn a lot, but the frog dies in the process.

The frog was dead from the start.

Plus we're getting fist glamour anyway

and I am still waiting for that Invisible Emperor's Fist Weapon or just glove based weapon for glamour for MNKs.

Coming in 3.1 I believe.

IT'S ABOUT GODS-DAMNED TIME! They've been discussing this since before 2.5, I believe.

But yes, those MNK arms from Singularity Reactor EX look sweet.

I remember that being a request for content from 2.0 onward.

Hell, I think 1.0 players may have been bickering about it. When was 1.0 released? 2010?

Legacy MNK/PGLs have been waiting 5 years for the ability to punch things with their bare fists.

24 Hour ALL WORLDS MAINTENANCE

In order to accompany Patch 3.1 as well as infrastructure maintenance, we will be performing maintenance on all Worlds at the time below. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.

* The World Transfer Service will be suspended 15 minutes before the maintenance, and will be unavailable until maintenance has ended.

* Reservations for Ceremonies of Eternal Bonding cannot be made from the time maintenance ends until Nov. 13, 2015 1:00 a.m. (PST).

We apologize for the inconvenience due to the long time frame, and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]

Nov. 9, 2015 1:00 a.m. to Nov. 10, 2015 1:00 a.m. (PST)

* Completion time is subject to change.

[Affected Worlds]

All Worlds

Why the shit does it take 24 hours to apply this patch? It's not even adding that much stuff. The 2.x patches were usually larger than this and they never took a whole damn day...

We don't know what else they may be doing at the same time. Perhaps they have 50 windows updates pending at the same time. Perhaps they need to defrag drives or do other disk maintenance. Maybe they have UPS batteries to replace. There are any number of things that can go wrong with hardware that has near 100% up-time and consistent resource usage.

Why the shit does it take 24 hours to apply this patch? It's not even adding that much stuff. The 2.x patches were usually larger than this and they never took a whole damn day...

We don't know what else they may be doing at the same time.  Perhaps they have 50 windows updates pending at the same time.  Perhaps they need to defrag drives or do other disk maintenance.  Maybe they have UPS batteries to replace.  There are any number of things that can go wrong with hardware that has near 100% up-time and consistent resource usage.

If they have 50 windows updates I'd expect the downtime to be more like a week!

It's not even adding that much stuff. 

I might be playing devil's advocate, but considering no one here run the servers, is part of the staff, etc., I don't think anyone is any position to complain about the speed with which they apply another major patch to the already massive game data that has increased exponentially each successive patch.

I won't pretend to understand the technical side of things but...I imagine a lot of the time will be spent on ensuring that everything is working smoothly. They have to apply the new content to different regions and they also need to apply it to different platforms. I generally don't have many - if any - issues when new content goes live and so I'd rather they take their time and release it when it's ready instead of rushing the process and ending up with issues that need to be addressed.

It shouldn't be terribly difficult to find something else to do to pass the time. There's even advance warning so people can plan ahead and find something to occupy themselves with.

Apparently today an embargo has been lifted and Dengeki, 4gamer, Famitsu, Game Watch has all posted their interviews with Yoshida talking about 3.1.

Another FF14 news site has summed up most of the new information from all interviews above, and I have translated it below:

Patch Notes

Patch Note reading scheduled for Nov 9th

If everything goes smoothly Preliminary Patch Notes will be out at Nov 6th (tomorrow!)

Main Scenario

The "Light" and "Darkness" in the patch title refers to three things : First, it refers to the grudges and boundary between men and dragons. Second, it refers to the darkness of Void Ark, and the bright adventures waiting on Diadem. Lastly it also refers to Warriors of Light and Darkness.

Starting from 3.X they want the players to be able to unlock Primal battles without having to progress through the story. However, Dungeons will still be included in the story.

About Krile's cat-eared hood, they still have many things to consider before implementing it as an equipment, such as how will it interact with Miqo'te's ears, and so on.

Ministrel Ballad : Thordan's Reign

You need coordination to be able to clear it. It is a bit similar to T9, and also will have a lot of gimmicks from 2.X EX Primals.

Void Ark

Difficulty is set similar to World of Darkness.

Equipment reward's IL will be 'very useful for subjobs'.

They learned their lesson from LotA's FATE, so Void Ark will be very fast to unlock.

They are thinking about how to prevent players mass leaving in the middle of content (referring to how many Bards would left at WoD's 2nd boss, only aiming for the chestpiece), but it will be difficult.

Four-man Dungeons

3.1 Expert roulette will be composed by only the two new dungeons.

Neverreap and Fractal will become a new "Level 60 Dungeons" roulette.

High-level roulette will be renamed "Level 50 Dungeons".

The staffs perform final quality checks on Dungeons by playing roles they're not accustomed to, leading to situations like DPSes that only cares about their DPS, Tanks panicking because of that, casual healers, etc.

Regarding a hard four-man dungeons, it will be hard to implement as the burden on healer will be intensive. However, Yoshida wants to implement it, if just once.

Airship Exploration

IL179 minimum.

If you have a high-ranked Airship, it'll be relatively easy to unlock Hard.

If you go from Ishgard instead, you will need to pay 700 gil per person. You will also be matched into Tank 1 Healer 2 DPS 5 party (no restriction for premade full parties).

Drop rate for Aetherial IL210 equipment : hunting continuously for 90 minutes straight will probably yield a few.

Difficulty only affects enemy's strength and drop rate.

You can obtain Grade V from the new crafted equipments requiring Diadem mats.

Next update scheduled at 3.3. 3.2 will focus on adjusting current content.

Gold Saucer

Afro is exchanged for MGP .

VanuVanu Beast Tribe Quests

The dance can be obtained from a quest.

There's also new dyes to obtain.

Level 50 Dungeons

You'll gain more EXP for dungeons that take longer to finish (note : so probably Brayflox will give very little)

Alexander

By the end of October, around half of active players have cleared Alex Normal.

Savage clear numbers are lower than expected.

They will keep an eye on clear numbers and if needed perform adjustments for Savage on 3.15.

For the next Alexander on 3.2, it'll probably not use the same Normal/Savage division.

Yoshida ideally want to implement Easy/Medium/Savage three- tiered difficulties, but on the other hand they are lacking the staff to implement that much.

Yoshida wants to implement a cross-world, raid-only, party finder system. However, it is still only an idea he have and no real work has been done on it.

Job Adjustment

Paladin's main problem is the compatibility with current contents.

Adjustments will be made to address TP issues, but no adjustment will be made to Paladin's DPS.

They are aware that currently Clemency and Divine Veil do not have many uses in current content.

Seal Rock

No adjustments will be made at 3.1. Adjustments will be made together with Wolves' Den II on 3.2

3.2 Materia Changes

From 3.2 accessories from raids will be the strongest.

VR

No plans to implement VR to the actual game, even though they did that VR Titan demo.

The Diadem - Exploratory Missions

The use of airships has grown increasingly popular in recent times, and adventurers near and far now labor to conquer an exciting new frontier—the Diadem! Those with the courage to venture deep within the Sea of Clouds will find a veritable treasure trove of natural resources. But these islands are as treacherous as they are bountiful. Home to bloodthirsty beasts and otherworldly creatures, only the brave and the bold may survive its hardships, and stake their claim to untold fortunes.

ss_diadem_01.jpg

ss_diadem_02.jpg

ss_diadem_03.jpg

ss_diadem_04.jpg

GEAR

ss_diadem_05.jpg

Blue Armor > DRG

Grey > NIN

Unique > Ranged DPS

Red > MNK

White Robe> Healer

Black Robe> Caster

Black Armor > Tank

These are most likely dyable.

guDpGPl.jpg

Lunae's airships aren't that high of a level.

Someone with good PVE and high level airship please accept Kage's mercenary status of -I want to fight the Brachiosaur- and -I want those sweet outfits-

Melodia's tiny little FC has three lv 50 airships and all areas unlocked on the map....we are ready for the battle call.