Patch 3.1 Previews!

Kage

Patch 3.1 is nearly here, and today's preview offers a look at the dangers lurking within Saint Mocianne's Arboretum, as well as the hard incarnation of Pharos Sirius.

Saint Mocianne’s Arboretum

Saint Mocianne's Arboretum was once home to the greatest collection of flora and fauna the realm had ever known. Alas, in the wake of the Exodus it has since been abandoned, the teeming life within now roaming the halls with reckless abandon. A band of treasure hunters would pierce the heart of this leafy labyrinth in search of treasure, a treasure they claim would be a boon to Idyllshire. But will this savage garden yield fortune, or folly?

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_18.png

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_19.png

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_20.png

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_21.png

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_22.png

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_23.png

Level Requirement         Disciple of War or Magic level 50

Item Level Requirement Average item level 170 or above

Party Size                         Four players

Time Limit                         90 minutes

Quest                                 Saint Mocianne’s Arboretum

Prerequisites                 Players must first complete the main scenario quest “Heavensward.”                

Pharos Sirius (Hard)

With the siren banished from Pharos Sirius, reconstruction of the lighthouse is well under way. Or rather, it was, until an order of kobolds forced workers to evacuate. The Maelstrom has been swift to plan a retaking of the tower, but time is of the essence. The kobolds' love for explosives will surely spell destruction if the beastmen are not purged with utmost haste. Once again, Limsa Lominsa asks for your aid. Descend to the depths of the tower this time, and assist in defusing the kobold threat.

Level Requirement            Disciple of War or Magic level 60

Item Level Requirement    Average item level 170 or above

Party Size                            Four players

Time Limit                            90 minutes

Quest                                    Pharos Sirius (Hard)

Prerequisites                   Players must first complete the main scenario quest "Heavensward," and have also completed the quest "Why So Sirius."

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_25.png

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_26.pngFFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_27.png

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_28.png

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_29.png

Dungeon Gear!

ffxiv_pub_patch3.1_24.png

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201510/22090973.html

Caster, Tank, NIN, DRG, Heals, MNK, Ranged

"New" Flying Mounts!

The mounts, grounded since 3.0 dropped, will now fly in 3.1!

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_30.png

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_31.png

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_32.png

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_33.png

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_34.png

Dungeons and Developers.

Check out the blog post in the link above or here in RPC forums!

Edit 10/29/2015 3.1 Previews - Beast Tribe Quests, Lord of Verminion, The Minstrel’s Ballad: Thordan’s Reign

Check out the live 3.1 Preview Website from Square Enix!

Beast Tribe Quests

The Vundu tribe, having summoned the primal Bismarck, wasted no time in establishing dominance over other Vanu Vanu tribes and claiming the Sea of Clouds as their own. The peaceful Zundu tribe continue to oppose their tyranny, however, and now seek the aid of an adventurer to help their people.

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_36.png

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_35.png

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_37.png

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_38.png

The Minstrel’s Ballad: Thordan’s Reign

With his typical flair for embellishment, the wandering minstrel has woven yet another stirring epic─this time from the threads of your Azys Lla confrontation with Archbishop Thordan VII. With the final verse yet ringing in the chambers of your mind, the memories of that titanic struggle arise once more with an almost surreal clarity…

Level Requirement        Disciple of War or Magic level 60

Item Level Requirement Average item level 190 or above

Party Size                        Eight players

Time Limit                        60 minutes

Quest                                Thordan’s Reign

Prerequisites                Players must first complete the main scenario quest     “Heavensward.”

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_40.pngFFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_42.pngFFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_39.pngFFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_41.png

Lord of Verminion

The Manderville Gold Saucer has just unveiled its newest attraction—Lord of Verminion! Adorable minions are now fierce warriors as they go head to head in this exciting new strategy game.

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_44.pngFFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_43.pngFFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_45.pngFFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_46_EN.png

Also, the 1.0 system mini-games

Out on a Limb

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_47.png

The Finer Miner

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_48.png

Better Images of the Hairstyles

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_52.pngFFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_53.pngFFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_51.pngFFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_50.pngFFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_49.png

Krile!

tumblr_nwzjftv0921sewdmyo1_500.png

edit 11/02/2015

3.1 Introduces the Singularity Reactor (aka Thordan's Extreme) Extreme 'Primal' Battle!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay but please tell me the black armor with the stupid little cape is not the Scholar armor. It has to be SMN... healers got royally screwed with how bad lvl60 gear looks. I want what the Lala is wearing.

Everyone got this:

ffxiv_girl.png

But healers got...a little dress thing with a huge chunk of metal on the collar bone.

Dungeon Gear!

"New" Flying Mounts!

*SCREAMING* Which one is Dragoon and Summoner?!:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

If I had to guess, from right to left...

BRD/MCH, MNK/NIN, BLM/SMN, PLD/WAR, DRG, WHM/SCH/AST, BLK?

@oli ill bet you a stack of wind shards it's the healer set.

Dungeon Gear!

"New" Flying Mounts!

*SCREAMING* Which one is Dragoon and Summoner?!:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

If I had to guess, from right to left...

BRD/MCH, MNK/NIN, BLM/SMN, PLD/WAR, DRG, WHM/SCH/AST, BLK?

@oli ill bet you a stack of wind shards it's the healer set.

Wait what? I do not want to be in that purple-looking Mad Hatter outfit for SMN. >.> GIVE ME SMALL CAPE OR WHAT THE LALA WEARS (or at least let me dye it).  And the Dragoon one could be what?  Fourth from the left? That's not too bad, was hoping it was the first one on the right.

EDIT:

I want what the Lala is wearing.

Unfortunately as a BLM, I TOO WANT WHAT THE LALAFELL IS WEARING.

FIGHT ME FOR IT VYCE.

I WILL FIGHT BOTH OF YOU FOR WHAT THE LALA IS WEARING.

Is that Coatleque on the left?

---------

All aside, I hope they change the music for Void Ark from the trailer. Because I am getting sick of hearing same musics in some dungeons from ARR before. At least 2.3-2.5 weren't too bad since they did get new musics.

So I'm fairly sure (and sad) that the female miqo'te is the healer set. She looks like the WHM idle pose.

bUNntP5.jpg

The elezen on the far right looks like the DRG idle pose

maxresdefault.jpg

Most likely, that means the lalafell set is the caster set. (Healer and caster sets seem to always be re-colors of each other).

Edit: According to people who can read Japanese, this famitsu article names and lists which is which.

Supposedly, Caster, Tank, NIN, DRG, Heals, MNK, Ranged (wtf)

(Let's number each set 1-7 from Left to Right to make this easier.)

Sets 3, 6, and 7 are recolors of each other.

Sets 1 and 5 are recolors of each other.

Sets 2 and 4 are recolors of each other.

Gearset 4 looks most tank-ish, so we can assume this is for PLD/WAR/DRK.

They may choose to throw a curveball, but if any class gets a recolor of tank armor, it's usually DRG - making Gearset 2 DRG.

Gearset 1 and 5 are recolors, making 1 the WHM/SCH/AST most likely, and gearset 5 BLM/SMN.

Gearsets 3, 6, and 7 remain, making gearset 1 NIN, gearset 6 MNK, and gearset 7 BRD/MCH. (Most likely, these sets could probably be swapped around. BRD could get the sexy red again! /crosses fingers)

So, from left to right:

Healer, DRG, NIN, Tank, Caster, MNK, Ranged

EDIT: Correct Order:

Caster, Tank, NIN, DRG, Healer, MNK, Ranged

EDIT:

Edit: According to people who can read Japanese, this famitsu article names and lists which is which.

Oh cool, got the gearsets right, just swapped colors. So purple is healer and black/red is caster. Makes sense. And I like the Brown for tanks (YUSSSS!) and black DRG recolor of the set works for drg.

According to people who can read Japanese, this famitsu article names and lists which is which.

If this is the case, then I'm disappointed.

The only thing that would make this wrong is if Famitsu messed up. Google translate was quite clear that it's correct and as Sounsyy's post makes it clear that it makes sense in terms of the sets.