Caster > Plaguebringer Attire

Tank > Defiant Attire

Ninja > Ghost Thief Attire

Dragoon > Dealing Attire

Healer > Plague Doctor Attire

Monk > Red Thief Attire

Bard/Machinist > Lost Thief Attire

And another thing:

I'm seriously not liking this trend of "Let's make tanks share armor, and also be recolors of DRG armor."

We'll likely see a lot more of it as we move forward, especially when we hit 4.0 and another three classes are added to the game if the rumours are to be believed. I don't really mind if it's done in moderation - though they really should make dungeon sets work with dye to help make them more distinct/appealing.

I'm pretty happy with the selection of armour that the expansion brought us, though. I've found quite a few options for my character that I happily cycle between using. Though I do hope we get more 'themed' sets for each class once we get the more story intense dungeons.

If they add The Gration as a dungeon, for example, then I'd fully expect each class to get a Garlean themed set. That'd be pretty awesome, I think!

And another thing:

I'm seriously not liking this trend of "Let's make tanks share armor, and also be recolors of DRG armor."

Sounds like 1.0 again with everyone sharing armor.

Except without the fancy belts, or any belts really.

Also is anyone else put off by the obsession with top hats? or tall hats in general? I can't help but think that doorways and other various things would constantly fuck with them.

And another thing:

Sounds like 1.0 again with everyone sharing armor.

Except without the fancy belts, or any belts really.

Also is anyone else put off by the obsession with top hats? or tall hats in general? I can't help but think that doorways and other various things would constantly fuck with them.

Yes, I feel the same. I'm trying to think of the last time I've wanted to wear a top hat, and I think that would of been never.

The hat selection is one of the things I find lacking in this game when it comes to the clothing.

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_32.png

I really hope the passenger for ceremony/draught/amber chocobo doesn't have to have all aetheric currents attuned in order to sit, because this would open up to a great Taxi business!

Just imagine all the un-attuned clients seeking a chocobo ride to see blocked zones and reach their currents faster! I'd totally roll a choco-taxi.

tumblr_inline_nq2d6cWXE81qirdlk_500.gif

Jeeeeeeeeesus Christ you have no idea.

This entire trend of top-hats and jackets for BLMs / Casters drives me up the wall and down again.

Squeenix what happened to all the cool flowing robes and wizard hats.

I want them back.

I want them back now.

That said though there are more robes than there are jackets.

But man I still hate them so much.

Hmm, not a fan of the new gear's aesthetic. Top hat, gilded western-esque themes never struck me as attractive. The Void Ark gear, now that's quite nice in my opinion. 

The Arboretum looks interesting. Biology and botany are a bit of a hobby, so I can't wait to run it. :geek: It would be amazing if some of the drops included old school botany gear, like glass cloches and unique plants you could decorate your house with.

I continue to be frustrated at how little is actually being done with the Ishgard theme. They claim they want to make a gothic high-fantasy expansion, then do almost nothing related to gothic high-fantasy. At this point, I'm about willing to chalk it up to Square Enix not actually knowing what gothic fantasy is. I seriously think they need to get some Americans or Brits on the art team so we can get gear like this 

know-thy-enemy.jpg

FFXIV_PUB_Patch3.1_32.png

I really hope the passenger for ceremony/draught/amber chocobo doesn't have to have all aetheric currents attuned in order to sit, because this would open up to a great Taxi business!

Just imagine all the un-attuned clients seeking a chocobo ride to see blocked zones and reach their currents faster! I'd totally roll a choco-taxi.

This would "break" the game and they don't want people who can't fly being able to fly. I imagine they will not allow it.

adore the dungeon armor. I like the Void Ark sets, but they mostly feel like somewhat gaudy redesigns of the World of Darkness gear, in my opinion. The dungeon stuff is way more my speed.

And the new dungeon looks gorgeous.

It always is like this with armor and opinions from each person, I think people should look at it more like an overall aesthetic much like the comment a couple posts back about the "Gothic" theme, which wasn't being addressed properly.  Personally, I guess we can call them lazy, but the FFXIV team has been working really hard to bring us a quality expansion, and the number of clothes/armor options we have, is nice in my opinion.  There is a little something for everyone, and for most there are quite a lot of options for each character.

Like some of the armor before, we may see some options to dye it coming later, for now, we have so many gears that I don't even see many people using to their advantage, mind you it seems like some people think their character will be dressed to the nines like a peacock at all times, while I usually view my character changing gear by day/night, terrain, desired mission, and so on, and then have an outfit I wear for general everyday/weekly use.

Since we have acknowledged that we each want armor from another class, I guess I should point out that we also know that armor/glamour is basically endgame here, and particularly for RPers.  This means you will probably need to lvl another class, even if just for glamour, and out of dungeons, which can be tedious, but is well worth it when you can bust out heavy armors IC for something fun to do with your group and to go along with possible background, or character progression in other areas away from your narrower job path.

All that being said, I am not in love with the top hat, and I don't like the color red, so the caster outfit is no good to me, but the healer outfit is nice, and I agree that the tank outfit is really great, so I will try for those, while I enjoy the totally cool looking dungeons and lore we have coming our way soon!  I agree with the statement about the new Void Ark armors being refreshing and cool as well, not to mention my absolute devotion to 24-man raids, so you can be sure to see me there ASAP, for both!  I am kind of excited that I can have my big Amber Choco flying with another passenger on board too!  That will be really awesome, and it will probably be the only choco I think actually looks like it could carry any size without breaking suspension of belief lol.

Dungeons and Developers.

Happy Friday, everyone!

Yoshi-P and crew have just concluded their final checks on the new dungeons coming in Patch 3.1. And when I say they checked them, I mean they got down and dirty into the trenches and went deep into the dungeons themselves.

Introducing the crew of the dungeon deep dive!

Paladin: Lead Designer Takeo Suzuki

Dragoon: Assistant Director Hiroshi Takai

Black mage: Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida

White mage: Project Manager M

JP20151023_0.jpg

Instanced dungeons are the type of content that will be experienced by a variety of different players through the Duty Finder, so to ensure proper balance during the final check, instead of having only hardcore battle team members, this special squad was chosen.

■Pharos Sirius (Hard)■

Back to Pharos Sirius!

JP20151023_04.jpg

I hear there is a somewhat tricky part along the way, but the team feels that it was balanced perfectly.

JP20151023_05.jpg

■A Moment for a Breather■

After the intense action found inside of Pharos Sirius (Hard), the team needed a quick break to catch their breath from all the excitement before heading into the next dungeon.

JP20151023_06.jpgJP20151023_07.jpgJP20151023_08.jpg

■Saint Mocianne's Arboretum■

The team supposedly had a bit of trouble at first, but it's pretty natural that if it's your first play through every boss will feel strong and you'll wipe...

(Project Manager M assures us it was not the healer's fault!)

JP20151023_01.jpg

I guess the initial version of the dungeon was quite difficult because Yoshi-P was getting heated telling the team that this shouldn't be a 4-person raid! However, the dungeon underwent some adjustments afterwards, and ultimately it was balanced just right to be fun.

JP20151023_03.jpg

There is going to be a load of information about Patch 3.1 coming this weekend during the Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXV, so be sure to tune in or read the summary on the forum!

-Camate