What's My Next Character Race?

Which race?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which race?

• Midlander, for that white bread feel
    • Highlander, for that bara white bread feel
    • Miqo'te, because if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!
    • Elezen, because giraffe jokes never go out of style
    • Lalafell, because Master Race, apparently
    • Roegadyn, so I can change his name to "Meat Tenderizer"
    • Au Ra, because anime is love, anime is life

I have a habit of cycling through races for my main character since I don't really RP with him much, I just do PvE stuff. SE has gotten ungodly amounts of my money just from selling me piles of Fantasia.

Because I'm bored at work, I'm letting you all decide (or not, you could also tell me to pick a race and fucking settle with it, I guess) what my main avatar's next incarnation will be. Vote in the poll, tell me what a bad person I am for spending so much money on intangible digital goods, and be on your way.

You play a Warrior you should be a Roegadyn by default especially because Savage.

Unrelated but kind of related.. I have a hard time taking any warrior's that aren't Roes seriously. xD

Au Ra Warriors though... Especially in AF1 so they get 4 horns. I mean, come on. 4 badass looking horns. They might not be Roegadyns, but damn they look good as Warriors.

There is zero lore to support them though, technically any trying for it should be complete green noobs. Being as Warrior training for all races just opened up aster the HW Warrior quest line. 

If you want to be a right proper Warrior it's Hellsguard or go home. Everyone else should either be a.) struggling to learn it, or B.) Had a Hellsguard teacher, and been on Eorzea a while so that disqualifies 90% of Au Ra

I haven't said it's the best choice, lore-wise. I just stated they look cool. And it -can- be done, anyway.

That Au Ra could have had an Hellsguard teacher.

He/she could have found those "writings" Curious Gorge and Broken Mountain speak about during the quests.

He/she could have found a Soul of the Warrior.

He/she could come from a custom tribe which established themselves for some times in Alabathia's Spine, near the Hellsguard tribe.

He/she could be an adventurer who went by himself to Alabathia's Spine.

The possibilities are endless. And calling someone a noob just because he/she plays an unusual job/race combination would be stupid.

That part was just cheeky snark. As long as someone has a story sure I'd buy that.. though one of them are stretching and you'd have to have a really well thought out story to pull it off, and likely get others to play along with. (such as the custom tribe.) 

Also as mentioned previously just finding a stone would be bad. you'd likely just end up a murder machine.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You play a Warrior you should be a Roegadyn by default especially because Savage.

Unrelated but kind of related.. I have a hard time taking any warrior's that aren't Roes seriously. xD

Au Ra Warriors though... Especially in AF1 so they get 4 horns. I mean, come on. 4 badass looking horns. They might not be Roegadyns, but damn they look good as Warriors.

There is zero lore to support them though, technically any trying for it should be complete green noobs. Being as Warrior training for all races just opened up aster the HW Warrior quest line. 

If you want to be a right proper Warrior it's Hellsguard or go home. Everyone else should either be a.) struggling to learn it, or B.) Had a Hellsguard teacher, and been on Eorzea a while so that disqualifies 90% of Au Ra

Chiming in to say that this is 100% bullshit. We know there were Warriors before we ever got to see them in the game, so it's perfectly fair to presume some of the Olde Warriors ventured out into the world instead of staying in the spine. There's no cemented lore saying "Nope, no one ever left, they all died and only George knows the ways now." We're only shown that, as far as George knows, he's the only one.

Which plays perfectly into that being because the others who could teach were Elsewhere into Othard doing other things and teaching other students.

Using your own argument against you there's no lore to suggest what you said at all either.  However all lore we have suggests that only Hellsguards were Warriors and no other race (with the exception of The Warrior Of Light.) 

So sure it's plausible some Hellsguard went to Othard and settled down passing his/her teachings on. But that falls into the having had a Hellsguard teacher category.

As long as you have a good enough story you can spin and bend a lot of lore sure.

(also just finding a Soul Crystal would be bad, because you'd likely just end up a murder machine.)

1 - Right proper? Who decides what is 'right proper' for each class/race combo? If the devs wanted the classes race locked, they would be.

2 - The races have been allies for how many years now? The 'End of the Era' and 'Heavensward' trailers has everyone's favorite derplander as what class? A warrior.

Chiming in to say that this is 100% bullshit. We know there were Warriors before we ever got to see them in the game, so it's perfectly fair to presume some of the Olde Warriors ventured out into the world instead of staying in the spine. There's no cemented lore saying "Nope, no one ever left, they all died and only George knows the ways now." We're only shown that, as far as George knows, he's the only one.

Which plays perfectly into that being because the others who could teach were Elsewhere into Othard doing other things and teaching other students.

Using your own argument against you there's no lore to suggest what you said at all either.  However all lore we have suggests that only Hellsguards were Warriors and no other race (with the exception of The Warrior Of Light.) 

So sure it's plausible some Hellsguard went to Othard and settled down passing his/her teachings on. But that falls into the having had a Hellsguard teacher category.

As long as you have a good enough story you can spin and bend a lot of lore sure.

(also just finding a Soul Crystal would be bad, because you'd likely just end up a murder machine.)

1 - Right proper? Who decides what is 'right proper' for each class/race combo? If the devs wanted the classes race locked, they would be.

2 - The races have been allies for how many years now? The 'End of the Era' and 'Heavensward' trailers has everyone's favorite derplander as what class? A warrior.

I'm pretty sure, that was for PvE purposes. Lore wise there's nothing to suggest they taught outside their race. Derplander is the only exception we have and we know nothing about his background, he could have been personally trained by a Hellsguard, adopted to one, we literally have nothing. But from the lore we do have suggesting he just picked up his axe one day and was like LOL Warrior, is kind of silly.

Technically speaking you're correct, there's no lore to suggest what I said would be possible. However, there's nothing that says explicitly that your interpretation was correct either. So, we're left with two situations: The one where someone is extremely limited in their options and the one where they aren't.

I haven't said it's the best choice, lore-wise. I just stated they look cool. And it -can- be done, anyway.

That Au Ra could have had an Hellsguard teacher.

He/she could have found those "writings" Curious Gorge and Broken Mountain speak about during the quests.

He/she could have found a Soul of the Warrior.

He/she could come from a custom tribe which established themselves for some times in Alabathia's Spine, near the Hellsguard tribe.

He/she could be an adventurer who went by himself to Alabathia's Spine.

The possibilities are endless. And calling someone a noob just because he/she plays an unusual job/race combination would be stupid.

That part was just cheeky snark. As long as someone has a story sure I'd buy that.. though one of them are stretching and you'd have to have a really well thought out story to pull it off, and likely get others to play along with. (such as the custom tribe.) 

Also as mentioned previously just finding a stone would be bad. you'd likely just end up a murder machine.

The Soul Stone part was just to list an example. Also, the fact that the WoL can be a Warrior doesn't mean he is the only non-Hellsguard one. I mean, the WoL becomes one just because Curious Gorge looks at him fighting against crazed Archelons, and decides to train.

Just about anyone could end up in a similar situation.

I'm pretty sure, that was for PvE purposes. Lore wise there's nothing to suggest they taught outside their race. Derplander is the only exception we have and we know nothing about his background, he could have been personally trained by a Hellsguard, adopted to one, we literally have nothing. But from the lore we do have suggesting he just picked up his axe one day and was like LOL Warrior, is kind of silly.

So all the warriors used to fight in the War of the Magi were also Roes? I think we're kiiiiind of reaching now going by that logic. I mean I'm kind of sorry if you can't take non-warrior Roes seriously but look at the game world.

Lalas can be just as strong as your big, tall, hulking Roe. If not stronger.

And I'd have to look it up to be entirely sure but I do believe Limsa is putting out their own Warrior corps so....I suppose the other option is to go tell all those folks carrying around big axes as part of their roleplay that they're not "real" warriors anymore.

Just chiming in to reiterate that I went with Hellsguard Roegadyn.

His name is Savage Mountain.

Where the Roe ladies at?

Edit: Highlander ladies also acceptable.

Do the /happy emote. You can thank me later. Seriously one of the best emotes in game male Roe /furious is REALLY good too.

Oh trust me, I've been having far too much fun with Roe emotes. 

I helped my friend with her crafting by putting on a leopard print subligar and the Halloween event gloves and thighboots and twerking on her crafting station with the /furious emote.

So all the warriors used to fight in the War of the Magi were also Roes? I think we're kiiiiind of reaching now going by that logic. I mean I'm kind of sorry if you can't take non-warrior Roes seriously but look at the game world.

And I'd have to look it up to be entirely sure but I do believe Limsa is putting out their own Warrior corps so....I suppose the other option is to go tell all those folks carrying around big axes as part of their roleplay that they're not "real" warriors anymore.

If you read what we have it is highly suggested as such, and no that's not reaching. Hellsguards send a lot of their people out of the Spine. A LOT whether exile because of resources or to find their fortunes. 

They are being taught by Hellsguards. Hence linking my argument back to you should at least be taught by one. Let me guess you've never done the Warrior Quests, or Relic Weapon Quest?

If you read what we have it is highly suggested as such, and no that's not reaching. Hellsguards send a lot of their people out of the Spine. A LOT whether exile because of resources or to find their fortunes. 

They are being taught by Hellsguards. Hence linking my argument back. Let me guess you've never done the Warrior Quests, or Relic Weapon Quest?

As a matter of fact I have. :) On a Highlander, which is why seeing someone say "ohai cant be a warrior unless you're a Hellsguard" prompted me to step into the conversation. Careful there bout those assumptions, friend.

EDIT: Or taught by one, pardon. Which still, IMO, is as you said, suggested. Which as Warren said (no need for a bigger quote tree) is about as provable as what I'm saying.

They are being taught by Hellsguards. Hence linking my argument back. Let me guess you've never done the Warrior Quests, or Relic Weapon Quest?

As a matter of fact I have. :) On a Highlander, which is why seeing someone say "ohai cant be a warrior unless you're a Hellsguard" prompted me to step into the conversation. Careful there bout those assumptions, friend.

Well for someone that did it you lack a lot of knowledge. So it was a base assumption. Also you lack reading skills because I listed being taught by a Hellsguard was a valid option. Not just being one.

Well for someone that did it you lack a lot of knowledge. So it was a base assumption. Also you lack reading skills because I listed being taught by a Hellsguard was a valid option. Not just being one.

Well if you'd go back and look you'll see I added that in. :) And a base assumption is still what? An assumption.

That said, given this debate is coming from the same source of 'I think a woman's period fuels her Inner Beast' I think I'm safe going the other way.

/back on topic

And Reilan you're right, our warriors can totally be buddies! We can laugh about how my Highlander learned how to be a warrior from [redacted].

Well if you'd go back and look you'll see I added that in. :) And a base assumption is still what? An assumption.

That said, given this debate is coming from the same source of 'I think a woman's period fuels her Inner Beast' I think I'm safe going the other way.

/back on topic

And Reilan you're right, our warriors can totally be buddies! We can laugh about how my Highlander learned how to be a warrior from [redacted].

That was actually more of the emotional state caused by hormones and the affects the emotional influx would cause to Darkside, and inner Beast by relation that the two are similar. That was also worked into to include Male IMS which is causes an emotional change via Testosterone loss which would possibly have similar affects since Darkside was fueled and maintained by Emotions. Which would cause one to pause and ponder whether influxes of emotions out of normal control would cause you to have to approach how you control said powers during those periods of time.

I stand by the inquires made in that thread, and I'm sorry you couldn't grasp the possibilities it could present in story telling. Or maybe you're one of those RPers that just assumes you're character is so good they can control anything, even forces you are supposed to be at constant conflict with to control. *rolls eyes.*

Though this isn't the thread for this particular argument.

*snip*

Or maybe you're one of those RPers that just assumes you're character is so good they can control anything, even forces you are supposed to be at constant conflict with to control. *rolls eyes.*

Yes. I am a pretty terribad RP'er, you hit the nail on the head.

Have you RP'd with me by the way? Or talked to someone who has? I mean I know I'm not a -real- warrior and all but I guess it could be worse right?

I could be a whitemagevampiredragonmiqotedragoonwith3houses.

W̡̞̳̞͕̯̰̘̗͎͎͍̭̣̥͖ͦ̅̓̂̒͋̊̄̍͛͗̊̾̃ͧͭ͘͘͡ͅHͮͬͪ͐̋̑̊͆ͫ̈̉ͤͫ̉ͣͧ͏͏͖͚̥̭͞A̸̢͕̬̝͕͔̞̜͔̤̲͓͕̟̋̿͛̊̃͑T̷̫̠̮̪͉̥͚̤̞̺̖̭̟͇̱̜̬͓̂͋́ͮ ̧̖͍̼̤͚̺̣̫͖͉͇͇̯͙̬͋͊͆ͦ̆͌̅̐͌ͦ͐̄́͘H̵̥̬̭̞̱͖̐̓̍̎̂͆ͫ̂͘A̡͖͎͍̦̺͔̖͓͚̦͕̽ͥ̓̏ͥ͐̾̈̓̓̑̆̍ͪ͛Ṿ̶̧̮̘̖̜̪̬̭͍̜͙̻̳̮̬̯̞̱̈ͮͧ̏̇ͥ͆̾̎͑̌̀ͧͪE̸̡̹̫̝̦͕̬̝̬̥̤͌̂̋̓̓̄̆̅̃̿̊ͦ̐́ ̧̯̹͇̗͈͖͇͚̬͕̹̯̰̠̩̓ͧ͂̾͂͐̈́̅͊́̚͜Y̴͊ͫ͌̎̂ͪ҉͏͖̰͍͓̯̲͔̮͙͍̯͓̻̩O̵̷̢̙̹̮̝̮̱̝̝̙̮͍͉͍͍̬ͤ͋ͯͫͤ̒̾ͬ͊͐̐ͣ͊̔ͥ͆̕Ụ̴̸̧̬̦̱̪̮̖͎̯̬ͩͯ͒̉ ̲̰͖͍͔͓ͪ̆̎͒̀͞D̢ͩ̉ͭ́͋ͫ̓͂ͣ̈̑̍͗ͧ̋͌̀҉̩͙̭̦̺̣͓͉͚̖͈̟̺̳̳͇̯̰͖Ợ̵̷̴͍̥͓̥͕̭́͗͌̅̍̆͗ͪ͐ͩͤ̀͘Nͣͥ̈͗̑̀̅̎̉́ͥ̈̑̽̾͏̼̟͉̘̮͙̺͖͖̯̠̰E͊̂̓ͫ̐́ͥ̒͏̸̘̙̟̫̠̗̜́̕

*snip*

Or maybe you're one of those RPers that just assumes you're character is so good they can control anything, even forces you are supposed to be at constant conflict with to control. *rolls eyes.*

Yes. I am a pretty terribad RP'er, you hit the nail on the head.

Have you RP'd with me by the way? Or talked to someone who has? I mean I know I'm not a -real- warrior and all but I guess it could be worse right?

The words "Or maybe you're" was used, implying that you could be and that was a possible symptom as to why you couldn't grasp the use of such a question. I didn't say you were. Word comprehension man, don't take everything as a matter of fact statement. It's not my fault people used selective reading in that thread and only attacked the parts they didn't like instead of adding to the actual conversation. 

Kind of like what we're doing here.

Apologies to the OP.

It's pretty common in roleplayers, actually. The original statement was extremely snarky at anyone "doing it wrong" which is a slap in the face of anyone working to tell an alternate take on something (and by now, could have been doing it for anywhere between two and five years).

People are going to get defensive when someone they've never met makes blanket statements inferring they suck.

Throwing in my 2 cents here, but if we want to stick so hard to the you had to have been trained by a roe, or have been a roe, to RP a warrior, then there are a lot of other things that need to be throw out as well.

Before long nobody would be able to RP with any freedom because of the supposed restrictions you've placed on them.

So do I buy the whole ultimate warrior has to be a roe / been taught by a roe? Absoluetly not. And if so, I'd be embarrassed that a Lala with an axe, who does not RP as a warrior specifically, could match your roe when he's 40x smaller then you are, using the same weapon.

But that's just me! :thumbsup:

Also don't take the route of "Oh I generalized you into a category, but don't get mad because I didn't mention you specififcally." And then accuse them of failed reading comprehension. Shit's low man.

Throwing in my 2 cents here, but if we want to stick so hard to the you had to have been trained by a roe, or have been a roe, to RP a warrior, then there are a lot of other things that need to be throw out as well.

Before long nobody would be able to RP with any freedom because of the supposed restrictions you've placed on them.

So do I buy the whole ultimate warrior has to be a roe / been taught by a roe? Absoluetly not. And if so, I'd be embarrassed that a Lala with an axe, who does not RP as a warrior specifically, could match your roe when he's 40x smaller then you are, using the same weapon.

But that's just me! :thumbsup:

Also don't take the route of "Oh I generalized you into a category, but don't get mad because I didn't mention you specififcally." And then accuse them of failed reading comprehension. Shit's low man.

PvE Mechanics are PvE Mechanics man, Fighting skill doesn't come from size whose to say that Lalafell isn't a really calm collected Marauder, and he beats the Roe because through the fury of the Roe's inner beast he kept is calm and looked for opening using his speed and size as an advantage.

There are creative writing ways for any race to defeat any race at any time. Not just "LOLZ I hit U hard."  Just because a Lala looks cute and silly doesn't mean they can't be an extremely accomplished fighter.

That doesn't change that they would have had to have had some Hellsguard influence to have become a Warrior, whether taught by someone who learned from some one who learned from a Hellsgaurd, or learned directly, or discovered an ancient cache of Hellsguard writings.

Those are all examples of learning from a Hellsguard. You would still learn from one in some fashion whether through passed down teachings etc or directly. To deny that is to say LOLZ lore U no matter.

I'm very, very interested in playing a Roegadyn.  I have this idea that a baby Roe was found and raised by a family of Keepers.  So they have a Keeper name and adhere to the traditions (tries to sleep all day) but as they get older and taller and taller and taller, it becomes clear that they don't belong (despite everyone saying they do).

The Roe leaves to see what life outside their Keeper family can be.

I really wish I'd thought of this in the first place, but I was hellbent on playing a Miqo'te.

Oh well.