What's My Next Character Race?

Which race?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which race?

• Midlander, for that white bread feel
    • Highlander, for that bara white bread feel
    • Miqo'te, because if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!
    • Elezen, because giraffe jokes never go out of style
    • Lalafell, because Master Race, apparently
    • Roegadyn, so I can change his name to "Meat Tenderizer"
    • Au Ra, because anime is love, anime is life

I have a habit of cycling through races for my main character since I don't really RP with him much, I just do PvE stuff. SE has gotten ungodly amounts of my money just from selling me piles of Fantasia.

Because I'm bored at work, I'm letting you all decide (or not, you could also tell me to pick a race and fucking settle with it, I guess) what my main avatar's next incarnation will be. Vote in the poll, tell me what a bad person I am for spending so much money on intangible digital goods, and be on your way.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's also another option - a Garlean. Either a half-breed or a pure-blood reflected through either a Midlander or Highlander. Just some additional food for thought!

Just based on the other in-game models, I'd probably use an Elezen base with very short rounded ears for a pure-blood Garlean, but a good point nonetheless.

I have a habit of cycling through races for my main character since I don't really RP with him much, I just do PvE stuff. SE has gotten ungodly amounts of my money just from selling me piles of Fantasia.

Because I'm bored at work, I'm letting you all decide (or not, you could also tell me to pick a race and fucking settle with it, I guess) what my main avatar's next incarnation will be. Vote in the poll, tell me what a bad person I am for spending so much money on intangible digital goods, and be on your way.

You play a Warrior you should be a Roegadyn by default especially because Savage.

Unrelated but kind of related.. I have a hard time taking any warrior's that aren't Roes seriously. xD

You play a Warrior you should be a Roegadyn by default especially because Savage.

Unrelated but kind of related.. I have a hard time taking any warrior's that aren't Roes seriously. xD

Au Ra Warriors though... Especially in AF1 so they get 4 horns. I mean, come on. 4 badass looking horns. They might not be Roegadyns, but damn they look good as Warriors.

Au Ra Warriors though... Especially in AF1 so they get 4 horns. I mean, come on. 4 badass looking horns. They might not be Roegadyns, but damn they look good as Warriors.

There is zero lore to support them though, technically any trying for it should be complete green noobs. Being as Warrior training for all races just opened up aster the HW Warrior quest line. 

If you want to be a right proper Warrior it's Hellsguard or go home. Everyone else should either be a.) struggling to learn it, or B.) Had a Hellsguard teacher, and been on Eorzea a while so that disqualifies 90% of Au Ra

My next character is a Mammet.

I started emoting for a little Mammet #001 and I am in love. His name is Cuthbert and his only purpose in life is to shine shoes. He would travel the ends of the earth to keep Solmund's shoes smudge-free. If Sol's leg were bitten off by a Goobue, Cuthbert would climb into the Goobue's stomach just to keep the shoe clean while the leg digested.

Those #001s and their limited capabilities.

There is zero lore to support them though, technically any trying for it should be complete green noobs. Being as Warrior training for all races just opened up aster the HW Warrior quest line. 

If you want to be a right proper Warrior it's Hellsguard or go home. Everyone else should either be a.) struggling to learn it, or B.) Had a Hellsguard teacher, and been on Eorzea a while so that disqualifies 90% of Au Ra

Chiming in to say that this is 100% bullshit. We know there were Warriors before we ever got to see them in the game, so it's perfectly fair to presume some of the Olde Warriors ventured out into the world instead of staying in the spine. There's no cemented lore saying "Nope, no one ever left, they all died and only George knows the ways now." We're only shown that, as far as George knows, he's the only one.

Which plays perfectly into that being because the others who could teach were Elsewhere into Othard doing other things and teaching other students.

I haven't said it's the best choice, lore-wise. I just stated they look cool. And it -can- be done, anyway.

That Au Ra could have had an Hellsguard teacher.

He/she could have found those "writings" Curious Gorge and Broken Mountain speak about during the quests.

He/she could have found a Soul of the Warrior.

He/she could come from a custom tribe which established themselves for some times in Alabathia's Spine, near the Hellsguard tribe.

He/she could be an adventurer who went by himself to Alabathia's Spine.

The possibilities are endless. And calling someone a noob just because he/she plays an unusual job/race combination would be stupid.

Chiming in to say that this is 100% bullshit. We know there were Warriors before we ever got to see them in the game, so it's perfectly fair to presume some of the Olde Warriors ventured out into the world instead of staying in the spine. There's no cemented lore saying "Nope, no one ever left, they all died and only George knows the ways now." We're only shown that, as far as George knows, he's the only one.

Which plays perfectly into that being because the others who could teach were Elsewhere into Othard doing other things and teaching other students.

Using your own argument against you there's no lore to suggest what you said at all either.  However all lore we have suggests that only Hellsguards were Warriors and no other race (with the exception of The Warrior Of Light.) 

So sure it's plausible some Hellsguard went to Othard and settled down passing his/her teachings on. But that falls into the having had a Hellsguard teacher category.

As long as you have a good enough story you can spin and bend a lot of lore sure.

(also just finding a Soul Crystal would be bad, because you'd likely just end up a murder machine.)