Cloud is to be in Super Smash Bros!

If anyone should be ported into a series it should be this badass ho:

tumblr_mcp672Zjgw1rk2bgio2_500.gif

Stronger female lead than Lightning. Gorgeous Voice Acting. Fang was able to handle her feelings, lie to someone she loves for an extended period of time, keep everyone in line, and be an excellent fighter without being a broody mcedgerson. To me, she felt like a real person. You got the sense that there is more to her than meets the eye without her being a bitch to everyone.

I've heard dumb stuff about Lightning being a "symbol of feminism" due to her character, leadership, and blah blah,

but tbh I think that's a mantle better suited for Fang.

Consider the following: Dissidia, the actual FF crossover fighting series, still only features main or semi-main characters as the representatives. There wasn't a ghost of a chance that Smash would bring in anyone who wasn't 1) the main character or 2) representative of the whole series. It had to be Cloud.

or even worse: Sephiroth; lord of neckbeardom

If anyone should be ported into a series it should be this badass ho:

tumblr_mcp672Zjgw1rk2bgio2_500.gif

Stronger female lead than Lightning. Gorgeous Voice Acting. Fang was able to handle her feelings, lie to someone she loves for an extended period of time, keep everyone in line, and be an excellent fighter without being a broody mcedgerson. To me, she felt like a real person. You got the sense that there is more to her than meets the eye without her being a bitch to everyone.

I've heard dumb stuff about Lightning being a "symbol of feminism" due to her character, leadership, and blah blah,

but tbh I think that's a mantle better suited for Fang.

Mmmmmmmmm Fang. . . /sweats profusely .

Goodness. 

Might as well rename it Super Sword Bros at this point. In any case, this sort of cooperation between publishers is nice. Usually the biz is so insanely possessive over IPs, so it's good to see that they're willing to break the rules for the sake of the fans. 

Even if the character is massively played out :D

I am interested. Not excited, but happy for those who are. In particular the Midgar stage looks great. I adore the Summons hook.

I still find VI to be the best FF of the series' history, but I also appreciate why VII gets high love...and I always adore watching people love a thing even if I don't share the enthusiasm.

Should be fun times, yo.

I was hoping more for Terra or someone else from Final Fantasy 6. 

But 7 has such a strong following (it isn't even my favorite of Final Fantasy title either), I can see why they marketed anyone from FF7.

I although won't be getting him at release either, I like Final Fantasy, I like Street Fighter, but I don't care at all for Super Smash. . . it just does not appeal to me; same for Kingdom Hearts either. I know, blasphemy right? Heh, just not for me. ^_^

Jesus christ the salt. No offense.

Cloud isn't from the Smash Brothers Ballet, it's kinda like Ryu which was a deal between Nintendo and Capcom. Squeenix wants a slice of the pie, and wanting to accept or not, Cloud is THE face of the Final Fantasy series, together with Sephiedgy. I guarantee you people would be even more upset if it was Lightning of all people.

Consider the following: Dissidia, the actual FF crossover fighting series, still only features main or semi-main characters as the representatives. There wasn't a ghost of a chance that Smash would bring in anyone who wasn't 1) the main character or 2) representative of the whole series. It had to be Cloud.

*stares at Warrior of Light*

*stares at Terra Branford*

Some of us were gaming before 1997. Ergo, we need a third qualifier:

3) new and shiny enough for the younger generations to actually recognize.

Can't please everyone; just for me though, I was banking for more FF6 than 7 due to Nintendo platform, 6 is a masterpiece and such; but as you said, Cloud and Sephiroth are indeed the spokespeople for the Final Fantasy series.

If they put Lightning in there? I wouldn't be bothered, then again, why just stop with one Final Fantasy character? Watch Smash end up slowly turning into "Everyone's Fighter Bros."

*stares at Warrior of Light*

*stares at Terra Branford*

Some of us were gaming before 1997. Ergo, we need a third qualifier:

3) new and shiny enough for the younger generations to actually recognize.

Cecil?