Sky Pirates Avante!

So with the most recent patch, Sky Pirates are a thing. I imagine many of us has seen it coming and some even have been playing with the idea already. I know I have. So I'm making this thread to announce my own search for these freedom-loving souls who would like nothing more than to find adventure (or have adventure find you) and treasure (What else would a pirate want?), and I'm inviting others to do the same. Hopefully people here can meet in a bar, trade a few words and work something out.

This is mostly an interest thread and while I do have ideas of my own, I figure the first part ought to be meet like minded people with whom I can hopefully work with on these ideas once we've hit it off.

If you ever have need of contacts my Hyur, Gil Grey, is a pirate Captain of the sea going variety who is preparing to branch out. He has a crew and a ship named the Arcadia that he was more or less raised on as well as several less than kosher investments including a merchant front and a tavern in Gridania. Lately he has been gathering parts to begin construction on several small one man airships he plans on using to complete raids and the like without needing to risk making port. Typical pirate-y stuff. I doubt he will ever give up the sea entirely seeing as his love of it may as well be religious but if if there is a profit to be made, he might be inclined to help. Or purchase parts you might...happen across.

My character is more of an explorer but I would be interested. I can't do much at this time as I'm taking a break for a while but still interested to do something in the future, or join the linkshell if one comes to be.

Wow, so many replies! Loving it. Alright I shall be looking for those whom spoke of interest in game and we can have a direct chat there.

Come to think of it, is there a dedicated 'Sky Pirate' LS yet? Cause I happen to have an old LS that's no longer in use and could be re-purposed. If there is one, let me know.

-Edit- Also, Freyaliesel and Mamushi, what characters are you looking to play in this? I've searched for the others who replied here but your character's names aren't as obvious as that of the others.

Hi there!  My free company, the Dread Wyrms, are actually Sky Pirates and we're actually looking for new members but also ~rival crews~ and similar things! Just throwing that out there, we're totally up for some collaborations for sky piratey plotlines. :D More info here and here! *shameless advertising over*  

Both my characters are a part of a skypirate crew and would be interested in doing some treasure hunting and exploring in the skies with like-minded people. Feel free to boop me on Oyuu Dataq or X'rhen Tia in game for some Sky Pirate RP!

-Edit- Also, Freyaliesel and Mamushi, what characters are you looking to play in this? I've searched for the others who replied here but your character's names aren't as obvious as that of the others.

Oops! Seiko Mamushi is my character.

I'm currently in game, occasionally searching for characters of the people who posted here. I've also re-purposed an old of mine Linkshell for the purpose of establishing and maintaining contact with any Sky Pirate characters.

If you happen to be in game now, contact me (Reinard Ackerman).

I want a sky pirate alt soooo bad.

I love sky pirates >.<

I know there are people in my FC who are considering making alts to start their own sky pirate fc...

I have to say I'm not looking to turn this into a FC. A Linkshell is as far as I'm planning. My goal here is to simply get people talking to each other, regardless of what FC they're in and what not. That said it would be interesting to have people of multiple Pirate crew FCs join in a single Linkshell as that would broaden the contact between these groups and facilitate interaction.

I love sky pirates >.<

I know there are people in my FC who are considering making alts to start their own sky pirate fc...

I have to say I'm not looking to turn this into a FC. A Linkshell is as far as I'm planning. My goal here is to simply get people talking to each other, regardless of what FC they're in and what not. That said it would be interesting to have people of multiple Pirate crew FCs join in a single Linkshell as that would broaden the contact between these groups and facilitate interaction.

Ah, my point was that there is definitely interest, not to join their FC haha.

SKY PIRATE FC/FLEETS ALLIANCE IN LS WOULD BE SUPER COOL THOUGH JUST SAYING.

Sorry, I love Sky Pirates.

Balthier for life *A*

I love sky pirates >.<

Ah, my point was that there is definitely interest, not to join their FC haha.

SKY PIRATE FC/FLEETS ALLIANCE IN LS WOULD BE SUPER COOL THOUGH JUST SAYING.

Sorry, I love Sky Pirates.

Balthier for life *A*

A person after my heart. Chuckles.

Heeeey. I just found this. Just repurposed Kat for grand airship adventures, both shady and legit. If you're looking for a mechanic who doubles as a wannabe sky pirate, Kat's your girl. She's not looking to lead any kind of group as she's more a follower than a leader, but if folks want to IC explore the Diadem, we can totally use my FC airship to head on in.

Feel free to friend add me or send a tell if you see me online. My play times are usually pretty late, though: 10pm to about 5:30am eastern US time. I can occasionally hop on earlier than that, but it's sporadic.

The irony of this is, it really could be right up Vahlkrys' alley, although someone would have to find him in Ul'Dah where he's training to be a Gladiator and probably convince him that being a Sky Pirate would train him in discipline and focus. He's already in love with rum, and an airship pilot that learned through Skysteel.

A little update for those interested:

I set up the Linkshell and have been able to invite people to it already. Name is 'Leaf on the Wind' and its got around 6 people so far, most of which are folk that posted here. Me (Reinard Ackerman), Mamushi's char (Seiko Mamushi) and another friend, Auralia Rhotana, can invite you into the Linkshell if you want in.

That gives everyone a common meeting ground to talk and organize RP from. It's an advised means of communication but not a necessary one (I know plenty of people seem to have all their Linkshell spots filled).

But with that out of the way, next thing I'll do is start looking working on meeting people in character and try to get the ball rolling for some Sky Pirate RP. As it is most characters that have shown interest seem to stand on the 'fledgling Sky Pirate', 'wingless Sky Pirate' or 'dreamer' stages. In other words, folks that dream of the freedom of the skies but don't have it. So an interesting first idea for roleplay that I would suggest would be to meet folks like Gil Grey and/or the Dread Wyrms and establish contacts/deals/works for some 'Starting wings'

Either way I'm still gonna be looking for the people who posted here, and anybody else that's interested.

A little update for those interested:

I set up the Linkshell and have been able to invite people to it already. Name is 'Leaf on the Wind' and its got around 6 people so far, most of which are folk that posted here. Me (Reinard Ackerman), Mamushi's char (Seiko Mamushi) and another friend, Auralia Rhotana, can invite you into the Linkshell if you want in.

That gives everyone a common meeting ground to talk and organize RP from. It's an advised means of communication but not a necessary one (I know plenty of people seem to have all their Linkshell spots filled).

But with that out of the way, next thing I'll do is start looking working on meeting people in character and try to get the ball rolling for some Sky Pirate RP. As it is most characters that have shown interest seem to stand on the 'fledgling Sky Pirate', 'wingless Sky Pirate' or 'dreamer' stages. In other words, folks that dream of the freedom of the skies but don't have it. So an interesting first idea for roleplay that I would suggest would be to meet folks like Gil Grey and/or the Dread Wyrms and establish contacts/deals/works for some 'Starting wings'

Either way I'm still gonna be looking for the people who posted here, and anybody else that's interested.

I'll have a talk with Dread Wyrm crew and see what they think in terms of making contracts or deals, but we're really open to just RPing with just about anyone. I'll also like an invite to the linkshell once I'm online for my own general RP purporses, I'll give someone a poke once I'm online. :D

My FC currently has its own airship ICly now, and we'd definitely be interested in fostering sky pirate-like RP on the side. We'll mostly remain a do-good-y adventurer for the realm type of thing, but pursuing freedom from Grand Companies, and seeking exploration, discovery and researching new places are definitely things we're interested in as a group! I'd love to join your LS to get the scoop. :3

Ya I think the Dread Wyrms are prepared for any contract or sky pirate related RP. We have two ic airships so far and are on our way to the third one. ((We actually have three rank 50 ships just working them into ic)) I'm down for this new linkshell though so just hit me up in-game as Ashwyn Starsteel. It sounds like a good idea to have something like this and keep each other connected.

I would love the idea of being a sky pirate. Though in game my White Mage might be a little more hesitant. I'd love to play a role a lot like Book in Firefly. Original? Maybe not the most, but it sounds like a load of fun ^^ I'm about to transfer back to Balmung under the name Zansei Yumishi (White Mage, Au'ra)

I have to say, and this might be the wrong thread to make a rant about this but its still in topic so why not. Given we're all here to talk about Sky Pirate RP there's no reason why we can't have a small dialogue on its intricacies: Personally, I'm not planning on using Diadem all that much. It can easily become a clutch and narrow down RP. It works if all we mean to do in it is use it as a map to roleplay on an airship on I wouldn't jump straight into using Diadem as a whole for RP. The way I see it, Airships are meant to give freedom, and I don't mean that in the whole romantic, in character 'Why am I a sky pirate' meaning, but more OOCly. They open options and serve as plot devices or means not readily available to others. For the most part Airships would be implied and mentioned, just used as entry points into scenes, exit points and in narratives when fitting. Take XII for instance. The airship there is present for most of the game but merely as a means to carry on the plot as far as it is able by ferrying the party through plot walls and bringing them to newly accessible areas and such.

Just thought I'd mention that since there is a lot of people putting in game airships, Diadem and Sky Pirate RP together as if they were dependent on each other.

Now onto more news:

LS still growing, we had someone bring in three of the Dreadwyrms which I absolutely love, and I'm looking forward to meeting them soon. I've already started working with a friend about organizing a job which can be used as a first RP to meet any who want to be a part of it. No details yet, still discussing those!