[Interest check] Mustering a run of Bahamut's Coil?

Valence

Hello all,

I have been desperately trying to get into parties to run Bahamut's Coil, mostly because it looks like a cool instance, and more importantly because the plot looks extremely intriguing and full of answers of many sorts. It's probably one of the dungeons that makes me eager to learn all of its secrets.

The main issue is that it's almost impossible to get into it through DF, and I just don't really feel like running it unsynced. It's already a piece of cake with out overpimped stuff and I would love not to fall totally asleep while doing it, even if some parts seem challenging enough still... Anyway, even not through DF, it's a chore to organize.

And so I wondered if there are some people too that never did it and would be interested to run it as well, or just other folks that have done it and would like to do it again with people that never did like me?

Would it be possible for us to organize some runs like that, for example doing part 1 one day, then part 2 the other day, etc? Or split it into even smaller entities, i'm fine with it too!

What do you think?

Hey there! As someone who's run all 13 turns on content, most of them at 50 are beatable with about an hour of investment and having watched a video beforehand. Off the top of my head, the three that will really pose a threat to groups at 50 are Turn 9, 12 and 13 due to respective unique mechanics for their time. Around the turn of the New Year I may have some spare time to offer help, though! (I know how to teach all of them save for Turn 8, never invested a lot of time in it when we pushed to 9). 

You're right, though. Unsynced Coil runs are a snorefest. A lot of them can be cleared within 5 minutes with how high damage gets at 60 with Echo! If you want any more info, you can always whisper me in-game. I'd love to help in any way I can even if I'm busy for the foreseeable future.

Well everyone is welcome!

Tank DPS heals... Not a big issue if we don't get a correct group compo, as long as we can align enough tanks and heals to run through it... If we get too many heals and tanks, not a big deal, they can DPS too anyway, considering how outdated the series is... I'm not sure if only one tank is enough for the whole thing? Same for heals? Do we need 2 of each? If we can get that core group, all is fine.

I would like to setup a date... Which would probably be a week end so that we can have more freedom to gather the most people. Probably EU evening, which should cover morning and afternoon for the US...

Also, no spoilers until the end at all will be the only non negotiable rule, of course.

Well everyone is welcome!

Tank DPS heals... Not a big issue if we don't get a correct group compo, as long as we can align enough tanks and heals to run through it... If we get too many heals and tanks, not a big deal, they can DPS too anyway, considering how outdated the series is... I'm not sure if only one tank is enough for the whole thing? Same for heals? Do we need 2 of each? If we can get that core group, all is fine.

I would like to setup a date... Which would probably be a week end so that we can have more freedom to gather the most people. Probably EU evening, which should cover morning and afternoon for the US...

Also, no spoilers until the end at all will be the only non negotiable rule, of course.

I can do early afternoon on Saturdays (12-3pm EST)

I'm thinking about next Saturday or Sunday (26-27th), would something like 20:00 GMT work? The time to set up, start the thing...

Or if it's too close to christmas and hazardous then, another week end...

My raid nights are tues, wed, sun. So I am not available tues/wed and only available before 9:00 pm pst on Sun

Oh I will be asleep way before 9:00 pm PST, don't worry.

Probably pick a few dates, lets see who we can get.. we can probably also drag from FC/LS friends along too. Especially if we make it friendly, low pressure run, certainly with a  good few we can carry some in most of the fights.

Let's say saturday or sunday 2-3th, 21:00 GMT? Or 15:00 GMT works for me too. In both cases it lets me some room to run it for several hours.

Priority will be given to people that never ran it of course since it's a session to discover it, but for now I don't see many of them so... 

In any case if we find ourselves too numerous i'm sure we can split into several groups.

Definitely interested over here, have completed up to t9, but willing to help for all. I main BLM, but, should my AST be 60 by that time (and there is a need for a healer), I wouldn't mind attending on that.

Mostly free on weekends, weekdays after 5PM CST, save for Tuesdays, which I'm unavailable on.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, definitely! It has slowed down a bit with vacation holidays, but it should still be planned for next week end. We will try to start something the 2nd (saturday), around 20:00 GMT, and do as many as we like. Then we can continue the next evening if need be, and then we will see...

Since I don't know the exact setup requirements I'll let people deal with what we really need if we don't reach the required numbers for a synced party (8), or if we don't have the exact kind of roles either (or even if we have to split in several groups).

Yes, definitely! It has slowed down a bit with vacation holidays, but it should still be planned for next week end. We will try to start something the 2nd (saturday), around 20:00 GMT, and do as many as we like. Then we can continue the next evening if need be, and then we will see...

Since I don't know the exact setup requirements I'll let people deal with what we really need if we don't reach the required numbers for a synced party (8), or if we don't have the exact kind of roles either (or even if we have to split in several groups).

Cheers! Sorry I didn't get back right away, but had a busy few days. Would love to hop aboard if you don't mind someone very rusty. ^^;