Roleplayer Uncertainty/Insecurity Theater

If I'm RPing with someone and they mostly talked and used ingame emotes, very minimum /em stuff, I'm completely fine with that. I've been told "that's bad RP" or "that's bad writing", and you know, it's definitely not either of them. It's just a simplistic form I prefer to do, as long as my character gets the point across.

That's mostly how I RP, and the people I RP with do it. I'm all for big paragraphs if you can type them fast enough, but if not it just turns into a whole lot of waiting for a post that doesn't usually add much. Except OOC context that I can't really apply without meta gaming. 

As Y'id is supposed to be whitty/sarcy and quick with responses, I find it just doesn't fit the character style at all if I have her standing around taking in the environment every other sentence, and rather just have a few quick words to say she notices something or just smiles/smirks ect while the majority of it is speech.  

I think you're fine doing it though, I never run into issues myself! Sometimes I do feel like I'm not contributing enough but that's probably a whole other thing :tonberry:

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic