Doodle above you!

Marcy

Hi friends!

So I've seen this ran on a couple of forums, I don't think there has been one posted here yet (if so let me know). The rules are pretty simple: someone posts their character with references to draw from, the person posting after them draws that character (so someone below me would draw Marcy-- but since it's the first post you definitely do not have to!), and the person after them draws the person above them, and so on.

Let me know if this sounds confusing! Some guidelines:

- Any skill levels and mediums and artists are welcome. This is a DOODLE thread, though, so please no screenshot edits, graphics, writing, poems, limericks, etc.

- Please don't post unless you know you will be able to finish the piece! A few days leeway is okay.

- Remember that it's a DOODLE. You can put as little or as much effort into it as possible, of course, but the main point of the thread is to have fun and sketch lots of different characters!

- Try to limit to posting only a couple of times per page so lots of different people get drawn, too.

- The COMMENTS AND FEEDBACK THREAD is live, so this thread is for artwork only. Thank your doodler and your fellow doodlettes there or in a PM!

- Remember to edit your post to share your artwork with everyone!

This idea is not originally mine, but you can see an example of how my old forums ran it. If you have any questions, let me know here or in the comments thread.

(And here's Marcy's ref album, I'll try to tag the person that replies first ASAP unless someone else does http://imgur.com/a/ChyI2)

Play nice!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will do this and will make some time in the next day or two for for Marcellain doodling.

pOsYAVf.jpg

"[something witty and insulting!]"

Pictures of Alderique. Character info can be found at wiki link in my signature.

Most recently with COOL short hair

aXhb91u.png

Others for reference

eXz2S6e.jpg

HCC8Wbx.jpg

D90OZIS.jpg

WOW I finally figured out what was going wrong here with uploading this here image and BOY was it a stupid thing but anyway I love elves with freckles.

normal_forum_challenge_sketch_1.jpg

And for Aekira references... link! http://aekira-swyfte.tumblr.com/post/137659458793/and-for-aforementioned-art-challenges-a-few?is_related_post=1

(Will say that drawing a character that's completely unfamiliar to me is an interesting challenge.)

Dammit, Marcy, you sneaky bugger! Had a power outage between typing a placeholder and posting it! xD

Edit: Here is quick Marcellain! Outside of studying, I haven't actually doodled in two years...!

Been out of power for most of the day and without game or references, so I'm very sorry if it's not up to scratch!

7PNaS0.png

References for Odette on her wiki!

(and I will upload some other screens when my power is more reliable if needed)

YOINK, claiming Meishali!

Marcy ref dump for the poor soul after me: http://imgur.com/a/ChyI2

Dammit, Marcy, you sneaky bugger! Had a power outage between typing a placeholder and posting it! xD

Edit: Here is quick Marcellain! Outside of studying, I haven't actually doodled in two years...!

Been out of power for most of the day and without game or references, so I'm very sorry if it's not up to scratch!

rmVL5w.png

References for Odette on her wiki!

(and I will upload some other screens when my power is more reliable if needed)

stealing odette cause babelander :D i'll totes do this tomorrow (later today...its five am ¬_¬;; ) and post up some clio refs then. also major points to marcy for starting this x3

alright sooo lines are a mess but i made up for it with some color and fast/lazy shading and an even lazier bg. (don't judge me >| ) i swear i hate how my flat lines look @__@ but i hope i got all the scars/freckles correct. (btw totes impressed with that wiki O^O sooo helpful for nailing down her looks and overall amazing)

odettescribble_zpsidlmmecs.png

here's a few shots of clio...don't look at my wiki, it's so super freaking outdated >.>; but the only distinct things she has is a small mole on the bottom, outer corner of her left eye and a scar on her left shoulder (which can be seen in my sig below :3 )

here's examples of her main outfits and hair (blacksmith gear and the trench coat are two of her "work" outfits. the fisher hat is usually worn with one of her bikinis) ....we really need to get that roof patched...

Cliodhna%20Eoghan%2001_25_2016%2007_03_23_zpsbrtzhjxx.jpg

Cliodhna%20Eoghan%2001_10_2016%2021_11_09_zpsbidpm0pp.jpg

Cliodhna%20Eoghan%2001_08_2016%2006_57_57_zpsmiqgsq7z.jpg

Cliodhna%20Eoghan%2011_22_2015%2003_06_04_zps3kg6zav5.jpg

My apologies Aekira, but you're the recipient of the first ever Aya-doodle!  I've never really drawn anything before, but I was inspired by this thread and some encouragement to at least give it a try :)

I did learn quite a bit, but I do wish I could offer something more!  Here's hoping you're not too disappointed!

24583330656_62a880ee87_o.jpg

I've been uhh, scribbling a lot lately too again. Probably should take more time with it but I guess I'll get to that eventually.

886297_937732736307673_5475733001295352932_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

Hands are the most frustrating thing ever to draw.

Edit - Theres also this one, I think it's good.

12080348_892440237503590_1178725259819277023_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

The second picture was going to be the hairstyle I wanted to enter into the hair competition for females cause I like one eyed styles.

Yeah. . . Kinda regret not entering

{{NOT AN ARTWORK/TAG POST}}

Hey all! Please make sure to tag the person in front of you and post your character's references. To avoid confusion, make sure to refresh the thread before posting. It's better to tag ahead and then edit your post later to include the character artwork.

Skips happen (forums can lag sometimes), and I will try to fill those in when they do, unless someone does it ahead of me! Remember to post in the feedback thread if you have any concerns/questions, or just PM me directly.

EDIT: Coatleque!

vnlgsuL.png

Please allow me to claim Shoshopu.

q4M1cmK.png

My apologies for the delay. I'm not very good at doodling, so I hope this is of sufficient quality. Shoshopu is very cute, her eyebrows were very fun to draw - at the very least I am happy with how they turned out.

References. One day I'll get a real reference page that doesn't completely suck, if only because Edda's main hairstyle is a real pain in the ass.

I'll take Odette! Reserving this spot!

Goofy smile Odette inbound!

uo0Ffi5.jpg

In the meanwhile, here are some references. I have a few different characters, so feel free to pick who ever you want.

Moving Mountains is a strong Roe lady, likes to look for a challenge. She's your typical brawler, sans the quick temper.

http://korlynn.tumblr.com/post/134629868065/ugh-i-need-to-rp-this-character-more-shes-so-umf

Arry is a more charismatic character, a bit of a social chameleon. She likes to party, is flirty and is a bard/archer by profession.

http://korlynn.tumblr.com/post/133039081635/arrys-new-hair-and-stuff

Akayuri is a precious cinnamonbun, a very serene and patient person. She prefers the quieter, simpler things in life.

http://korlynn.tumblr.com/post/131225640480/yuri-now-has-some-wedding-attire-thanks-to-an-fc

And I'll have to work on getting some good screenshots of Marcelloix, but I'll give you his bio in the mean time.

He's a racist, xenophobic temple knight who is having a hard time adjusting to the new way of Ishgard.

I'll take Odette! Reserving this spot!

In the meanwhile, here are some references. I have a few different characters, so feel free to pick who ever you want.

Moving Mountains is a strong Roe lady, likes to look for a challenge. She's your typical brawler, sans the quick temper.

http://korlynn.tumblr.com/post/134629868065/ugh-i-need-to-rp-this-character-more-shes-so-umf

Arry is a more charismatic character, a bit of a social chameleon. She likes to party, is flirty and is a bard/archer by profession.

http://korlynn.tumblr.com/post/133039081635/arrys-new-hair-and-stuff

Akayuri is a precious cinnamonbun, a very serene and patient person. She prefers the quieter, simpler things in life.

http://korlynn.tumblr.com/post/131225640480/yuri-now-has-some-wedding-attire-thanks-to-an-fc

And I'll have to work on getting some good screenshots of Marcelloix, but I'll give you his bio in the mean time.

He's a racist, xenophobic temple knight who is having a hard time adjusting to the new way of Ishgard.

Jumping on train cuz bored/ dun wanna do my things! Place holding Arrelaine! I need the practice.

EDIT: DECIDING MOVING MOUNTAINS CUZ WE NEEDS MORE ROES~ (my first attempt at a roe in gen)

7LbzQVA.jpg

Minox ref: REF & Ref2

Personality: Social bug, strong headed, independent, cold but has a heart once past her wall, sassy, LOVES being drunk, gambling(usually loses). Yet has a bit of odd elegance to her rough antics.

Jumping on train cuz bored/ dun wanna do my things! Place holding Arrelaine! I need the practice.

Minox ref: REF & Ref2

Personality: Social bug, strong headed, independent, cold but has a heart once past her wall, sassy, LOVES being drunk, gambling(usually loses). Yet has a bit of odd elegance to her rough antics.

Welp. seems like i'll be doing the strange things myself! Place holding Minox. I've never doodled an au ra before, so this might be fun!

jtRig0J.jpg

Lyngbakr Ref:HERE! and uhm...

Lyng loves fighting/sparring, loves proving that people are stronger than they think, Has a kind soul, Determined moves, relaxed, hearty laughter and a smile that is warmer than ever.