OPEN UP AND SAY AHHHH....

[align=center]PRESENTING EORZEA'S IRON CHEF[/align]

[align=center]Come represent your tavern![/align]

[align=center]eBELpFU.png

[/align]

PRIZE:

First place cook: 

• ~ Bragging rights
  • ~ Free Chibi Art of your toon in cooking gear of your choosing (example above). You and your 'tavern' (if you are part of one) will be featured on this post, and on the main page of our menu site(and probably my art tumblr)! FREE PUBLICITY WHILE WE OPEN HOUSE OUR OWN! *pose that pan you sexy thing you!*
  •  ~ Your winning final meal added and featured in our menu. *With your permission* --> Menu still in progress but almost done!

Second and Third place cook:

• ~ Your winning final meal added to our menu  *with your permission* as well as updated on this post as runner ups! (Free publicity of your establisment) 

100x105http://i.imgur.com/uRxwnKj.png[/img] Logo for the Eorzean Iron Chef made by me! Minox/Surilian

IRON CHEF RETURNING:

Friday, March 4th, 2016 @10pm est

Food theme: *mystery ingredient will be unveiled at the event* - better think fast on your feet!

-Finalists can freeform your signature dishes at the end!

*note- ingredient will be lore friendly and I'll be sure to pick something that will go well in a meal as well as a baked good for those IC bakers!

[align=center]350x350http://i.imgur.com/M5lZE6U.jpg?2[/img]

[/align]

[align=center] [/align]

[align=center] COOK OFF RULES  - Welcome to Eorzea's Iron Chef[/align]

• We ask people to be at least lvl 1 Culinary. Come on put that pan on! 
  • Be creative! Don't limit yourself to just what menu items that are in the culinary meals. BUT please use lore friendly ingredients. (we will be lenient if you say potato instead of popoto though) If you want to make a whole new dish! HELL YES PLEASE!
  • Make sure its edible! If you decide to be a smart ass and cook a boot...and you win?! I'm going to improvise it and make it edible and boot shaped in your name instead.
  • THIS IS FOR FUN! But there is a prize! This will be decided entirely with /random. HOW does that work?! I'll explain soon. But if your cook IC is prideful (like mine) Expect your ego to shatter if your rolls are terrible! Maybe you turned the heat up to high. Its ok! Claim the pressure was to much!
  • Your character doesn't really need to know how to cook. For all you know that black mage suddenly can make a damn good grilled steak out of no where! Maybe you have a Aether allergy. ACHOO! Instant pasta! Since it's /random its open to anyone that wishes to try their luck. 
  • I'm not expecting a big turn out but I will try to have back up judges to watch rolls/ keep things going if it turns out to be higher in number. (if you want to help keep track of rolls..I'd love the help!)
  • LAST RULE once AGAIN! HAVE FUN!!!!!  Drama and negative actions will be dealt with accordingly. *Vengeful cooks, fights, and trying to ruin your competitor's dish will result in disqualification and probably ruin your cooking rep*

HOW IT WORKS:

1. Participants will stand in line just like you would in Grindstone and Runestone. They will be paired off just like you were sparing. BUT here is the twist! You are cooking and trying to make your 'quality' better. Just like you were crafting. THATS RIGHT! THIS IS CRAFTING! YOU BETTER HQ THIS!
  2. We have decided that even if turn out is low, we will sort out competitors and assign them to their respectable judges for their section.
  3. Imagination comes in play here: All contestants will be handed a hand full of Lowland grapes. I'll explain soon why. Contestants will 'craft' their food using their 'tables'. 
  4. Think what you wish to make! You don't have to tell us until you finished your dish!  The pair will have 4 emote /randoms to craft their amazing creation. 
  5. Rolls will be ADDED UP ALL TOGETHER in the end! The higher number, the better the quality and probably it tastes damn good! (or hope so...)  Highest added up number wins their round. (example: Cracked a egg /roll 5, Mixed it up /roll 560, poured it in a pan and baked in the oven /roll 150, Pull it out and let it cool /998 =  1,713 Food quality but your opponent's rolls add up to 3,000 ...sorry you lost.
  6. On the rare occasion there is a tie (would be shocking), we ask master chefs to face off making a dessert. This will consist with 1 emote then following /random roll to break the tie.
  7. Those that lost will be ask to join the crowd while the winners will be asked to stand aside. Winners will face off each other in the same manner until only 1 is left standing.

USELESS ADDED TIDBITS:

• Judges are required to wear uniform- The company tabard in any color.
  • Judges are to be marked with the looking for meld icon- That way even in a crowd you can find them.
  • Healers are marked with the looking for party- on the rare chance you roll a 0 and set your face on fire or cut off a finger...we have a single medic at this time to put your finger back on.
  • Bouncers are required to wear the best man's wear uniform. They will be assigned to a judge to oversee their area and protect their master chef overlord.

:moogle:Want to help?! :

You can get a hold of me ingame - Minox Moks, or here in forums!

What I am looking for : 

1. Back up artists - just in case I can't do a bi weekly character. I'll give you the specifics on what should be done. 
  2. Donations of other prizes if you wish.
  3. Food vendors - pass out the winning dishes to the crowd!

[align=center]Hope to see you there![/align]

Sponsored by:

FhRWsvi.png 

[align=center]Mist- Ward 8, House 56.[/align]

[align=center]Home of Limsa's Finer things in life.[/align]

[align=center](Click Plot location words to know more about us and the restaurant)[/align]

on the calendar!

If you have any changes to date/location/time please lemme know either here or on tumblr.

Ty!! I will let you know if there are changes but so far its solid as I assemble team!

Is there still space open to sign up as a Judge?  If so, I would like to.

There are still slots open for this! I should be in game all day today if you can't find me send a message here so we can meet up. I still need the following back up judges, vendors(just to add atmosphere, and at least a few IC bouncer/ keepers of peace! Once set, we'll set up a meeting to do practice runs etc so this runs smoothly!

Thanks guys for the support! I was worried this wasn't going to turn out to well..but this is great!

After a fun practice run with judges, they brought up good points, slight edits to the rules and etc! All added stuff I put in red!

I am excited and nervous on this! So bare with me if it does not go smoothly but pray it will be fun.

After a fun practice run with judges, they brought up good points, slight edits to the rules and etc! All added stuff I put in red!

I am excited and nervous on this! So bare with me if it does not go smoothly but pray it will be fun.

Some Chef's do their best work under pressure! This seems like it'll be a fun event... Wish I had stolen that noodle shop now. :lol:

FAST reminder! Iron Chef is ready to GO! Competitors and on lookers, the event starts at 10pm EST.

WARD 8 MIST - Seagaze markets.

I can't devote my time to participate just yet but Im going to observe!

I never unlocked the housing aethernet for Mist T_____T

Though the competitors were low (7 total) the watchers were high! And it was wonderful fun.

EDIT: SCREENIES --

480x262http://i.imgur.com/OSCiAjy.png?1[/img]

480x262http://i.imgur.com/s3q40nW.png[/img]

480x346http://i.imgur.com/GvTyQGE.png[/img]

480x360http://i.imgur.com/kCW0ITb.png?1[/img]

In the end our finalists were:

Second place: Izayoi Ashikaga with a simple Kebab with perfect presentation

Third place: Zarconen Maquesh - With a well done Buffalo Curry.

Yet its nothing to our finalist !!

[align=center]RAYYfSh.png?1[/align]

[align=center]Adrienaure Lefebvre[/align]

[align=center]pasta with mushroom and leeks[/align]

Well done to our Iron chef winner and pray it was a fun event! I know nox had fun even if the Bowl of Embers dish numbed her tongue so much she couldn't judge.

I will update main post as well as here once her art is done! Congrats to Adrienaure once again!!

[align=center]I GOT the artwork done and is on the main post! Congrats again!! I will talk with the judges tomorrow to figure which day we will run this again!

Please stay tuned....[/align]

• 2 weeks later...

After discussion and me being busy!

IRON CHEF RETURNING:

Friday, March 4th, 2016 @10pm est

Food theme: *mystery ingredient will be unveiled at the event* - better think fast on your feet!

-Finalists can freeform your signature dishes at the end!

*note- ingredient will be lore friendly and I'll be sure to pick something that will go well in a meal as well as a baked good for those IC bakers!