SpellGuard ✨ May 25 ✨ 10 PM EST

Shoshopu

Posting a reminder that the second round of Spellguard is this Friday! Get hype!

Also reminder that this week is being hosted by Shoshopu's and Jujuwai's free company, the 81st Maelstrom Foreign Levy, instead of just the two of them, for OOC reasons. We want to keep the fun going! Hope to see people there regardless!

Great turnout for SpellGuard this week, everyone! Shoshopu will be back at it next time, but the 81st had a fun time hosting tonight!

Without further ado...the victors!

uN1vuRy.jpg

Xanadu Noire on the left and Yisugei Tumet on the right! Congratulations!

:chocobo:

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight's the night! Even though this Friday's lineup is looking pretty busy, I still look forward to seeing you folks come out and compete at SpellGuard III tonight! Eleven hours and fifteen minutes from this posting, the games begin!

:cactuar:

And that concludes SpellGuard III! Eight teams walked in, but only one pair rose above to become this fortnight's Spellguardians!

[align=center]Congratulations to Mr. Mask and Hatcat (Zero Dawnrose)!

ncmXK4C.png[/align]

sorry if I got the alias wrong I DC'd and lost my chat log aaaa

This was super fun to watch and not only that it is in a really good location for before/after RP. Thanks for doing this Shopu and I plan to drag as many Wayfarer's that are willing to come with me back on the 15th, and I believe some of them are interested in participating as well. See you there! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight's finals were most exciting! One of Shoshopu's closest friends, the most powerful mage she knows (and new acquaintance Khoba) vs returning champions Mask and Mayu!

[align=center]M3WxLXn.png[/align]

So who came out on top of SpellGuard IV? Give it up for...

[align=center]Mayu Cloudwalker and Mr. Mask!

5WcNp8z.png[/align]

• 2 weeks later...

Spellguard V is this Friday night at 10 PM EST! If Mr. Mask enters once again... do you have what it takes to topple (half of) the twice-consecutive champion (-ship team)?! Even if you don't plan on entering, you won't want to miss this one!

Tonight is the night! Hope to see you all at Spellguard V!

Depending on how late tonight's event runs, I might have to bow out before it actually ends because I have an early morning shift at work on Saturday. In that event, Shoshopu's brother Jujuwai Totowai will continue making the announcements and distribute the winnings!

• 2 weeks later...

Spellguard VI is on for tomorrow night at 10 PM EST!

This week's event will be run by Shoshopu's partner Zigovali Rigovali, and possibly an officer or two of AW-RP. My brother and sister back home are graduating Saturday morning, so that means I'm going to be out of town on Friday, but Spellguard is being left in good hands this week!

Sorry for the late post! I'm finally home! 

I'd like to thank Zigovali, Ralamano and R'miah for helping hold down the fort in my absence, and apologize if the flow of the event was occasionally bumpy! I appreciate everyone who came out and had a great night! At our next tournament on the 28th everything will be back on track!

Screenshot courtesy of Ralamano, Spellguard VI's Spellguardians are...

[align=center]Jun'to Nharuya and Ver'svesh Preah!

vLXBJDz.jpg?fb[/align]

• 2 weeks later...

Spellguard VII is this Friday! I made a bit of an error in the OP which read that the date of the next tournament is the 28th, when it's actually the 27th. I've since fixed it, sorry if it confused anyone!

Spellguard VII draws to a close, and a new champions rise!

Congratulations to Gogonji and the Masked Mage (Annunu Nunu)!

pLkdw05.png

Also, I would like to make a statement and apologize if anyone who's participated in Spellguard has been made uncomfortable by fellow spectators and combatants over the past two events. I've had a word with the disruptive parties, and the Spellguard team is looking into ways to ensure that everyone has a good time in the future. The Spellguard team is currently small and somewhat inexperienced in running events like this (relative to those that have been running for years, anyway) so we're learning how to handle these sorts of issues as we go. I want to foster a lighthearted event that's friendly and fun for most everyone, and I appreciate everyone who attends week after week and contributes to the spirit of the event. :love:

• 2 weeks later...

The eighth SpellGuard tournament is on for this Friday! Same time, same place!

I've updated the RPC Calendar accordingly. I hadn't realized we'd already caught up with the events I'd listed in advance! Time flies!