If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a... bullet!? - Culann Steele

Hey there everyone. First post on this site here, as I just recently transferred onto the server Balmung, looking forward to getting into some nice RP! Not entirely too-too sure what to put here, so I'll just quickly put up some details about myself, what I'm looking for, and finally my character! 

Me!: So! The names Craig. I'm from Scotland, UK and 20 years old. (Therefore most likely most active in GMT, depending on what's going on in my life. Sometimes I'm up a little later than I should be). I've been a long time heavy-RPer, after about 6 years RP'ing on WoW, I recently quit due to well... Lost interest in the game! So I'm trying out FFXIV (Loving it here!). I can't say I'm particularly well studied about the various lore in the game but I'm doing my fair share of reading to hopefully get up to speed.

What I'm looking for!: At the moment, I'm looking for... really, anything. I've transferred to this server and know literally -no one-. So just looking to, as the forum states, make connections! Be it small talk RP buddies, or even huge, plot thick FCs. I'm down for it all, my character permitting. I implore you if you want to help out or RP with me or any such thing, contact me in game. I will not turn you away. Also linkshells! Communities! Everything! NETWORKIIIIING~~

My character!:

[align=center]1LbUjdc.jpg[/align]

Name: Culann Steele

Race: Hyur Midlander / Ishgardian.

Appearance: Short brown hair, average height and broad shoulders. Shows many characteristics of a life of the craft. Hand calluses and a good muscular physique.

Personality: Down to earth and relaxed. Easy to talk to and approach. Quick witted and always thinking.

Job: An ex-blacksmith, airship technician and all around grease monkey/tinkerer, Culann has always lived his life working hard, that is until recent wanderlust took him over, and he left home in hopes to broaden his horizons. Funny, for an airship technician.

Background: Only son to a smith of some repute, Culann spent many years of his life before the forge, learning the craft from his father. Later moved onto join the Skysteel manufactory in Ishgard in search of something new, perhaps as a sort of rebellion against his forced profession of smithing. He became quite the machinist and aircraft technician, and ended most days covered in, well, pretty much everything dirty. He's since left the confines of his home and is in search of lands he has not witnessed before.

Some notes!: I must apologise if some of my lore is off with my background or such. I -am- new to this games lore and I am trying my best. Any inconsistencies or corrections required, I'd love to hear, as well as some RP to help develop my character! (I develop characters far better through RP than I do writing a ten billion word long notepad file.) So! If you're a friendly RPer, hit me up to give me some tips! (Also any and all Ishgardian tips are welcome! I'm not too sure on how it all works!)

Thanks for taking your time to read my post. I hope you feel like you wish to contact me. If I'm not online, please do add me as a friend. Thank you!

Scotlaaaaaaaaand! \o/ Welcome aboard :) 

Your character sounds interesting! I'm planning to have one of my characters (Nailah) head north sometime soonish so if you feel like some casual rp HMU ^^

Scotlaaaaaaaaand! \o/ Welcome aboard :) 

Your character sounds interesting! I'm planning to have one of my characters (Nailah) head north sometime soonish so if you feel like some casual rp HMU ^^

Sure, I'd love to! I'm online right now on Culann Steel so if you want, feel free to message me! :)

Posted by Aya - Today 02:41 AM

The time difference is such that we probably won't see much of each other... which is too bad! Welcome to Balmung and FF RP! ^^

Thank you! Some nights I am up pretty late so feel free to message if you want! Might catch each other occasionally for some casual RP, always welcomed.

Welcome! We have someone from Scotland in our LS, oooo!

I really just wanted to give you a friendly welcome because your subject line gave me a laugh after a hard day. So, thank you for that! Best of luck finding all the fun RPs!

I really just wanted to give you a friendly welcome because your subject line gave me a laugh after a hard day. So, thank you for that! Best of luck finding all the fun RPs!

There are literally dozens of us! Nice to hear that. Still looking for LS's so if you're looking for people don't be afraid to reach out to me! Thank you very much for the kind welcomes, definitely receiving a warm welcome here and it's great. Thank -you- for the kind words!

As ever, anyone feel free to add me in game, or offer names for me to add.

Welcome around :D Hopefully we can meet in-game. Though I warn you, if it happens expect a lot of questions from a curious Mi'qote :3

Hah! Questions are always welcome, it helps me build my character. Feel free to contact me whenever! Always happy to RP.

There are literally dozens of us! Nice to hear that. Still looking for LS's so if you're looking for people don't be afraid to reach out to me! Thank you very much for the kind welcomes, definitely receiving a warm welcome here and it's great. Thank -you- for the kind words!

There are more than two people in Scotland?! Mind = blown! :geek:

Kidding aside, we're unfortunately in an app freeze right now. It'll probably be lifted in a couple of weeks, but by then I'm sure you'll have met many, many fantastic RPers and stories and chocobos!

I at least intend to tell our local Scotland representative about this encounter!

Kidding aside, we're unfortunately in an app freeze right now. It'll probably be lifted in a couple of weeks, but by then I'm sure you'll have met many, many fantastic RPers and stories and chocobos!

I at least intend to tell our local Scotland representative about this encounter!

Well.. Not much more than two, at least. Ah, that's unfortunate to hear, but maybe if it comes around and I'm still not in any, I'll be glad to hear it! And yes! I'd love to get in contact with them! Please do! :)

Well.. Not much more than two, at least. Ah, that's unfortunate to hear, but maybe if it comes around and I'm still not in any, I'll be glad to hear it! And yes! I'd love to get in contact with them! Please do! :)

I WAS TOLD THAT THERE WAS ANOTHER OF THE TWELVE SCOTTISH PEOPLE HERE. HI HELLO BROTHER :D Hope you find all the best RP that Balmung has to offer~

Hello there, welcome to Balmung! :D Harbingers of Dawn is a good-aligned, med-heavy RP FC dedicated to protecting and aiding the citizens of Eorzea. You're welcome to check us out! You can learn more about us here and apply on our website if you're interested.

Hello there, welcome to Balmung! :D Harbingers of Dawn is a good-aligned, med-heavy RP FC dedicated to protecting and aiding the citizens of Eorzea. You're welcome to check us out! You can learn more about us here and apply on our website if you're interested.

I'll be sure to check it out! Thank you for the warm welcomes!

Ohh, I like that kind of modest everyday characters. GMT is perfect too!

I think it could provide really nice hooks with my character as well, she is kind of a nerd when it comes to every high tech device and doodads. She is a natural with understanding how everything works but is such a walking catastrophe with her own hands that it tends to turn into spectacular results.

Hit me up ingame!

Ohh, I like that kind of modest everyday characters. GMT is perfect too!

I think it could provide really nice hooks with my character as well, she is kind of a nerd when it comes to every high tech device and doodads. She is a natural with understanding how everything works but is such a walking catastrophe with her own hands that it tends to turn into spectacular results.

Hit me up ingame!

That sounds great! I'll send you a tell and see if we can't get something set up! Sounds like our characters would get along haha!

Never enough GMT people!

My new character might click well enough with yours. Elena is due to having lived and served Limsa Lominsa for a long time a bit of a crude and wild type at times. But she stills maintains a certain sense of honour and is generally a dutiful and polite type.

Never enough GMT people!

My new character might click well enough with yours. Elena is due to having lived and served Limsa Lominsa for a long time a bit of a crude and wild type at times. But she stills maintains a certain sense of honour and is generally a dutiful and polite type.

Sounds pretty great! Feel free to PM me in game to set something up, or approach me if you ever see me! I'm good for anything and everything!

I had a friend from Scotland and we'd always, always RP through the wee AMs (I'm MST, but something of a night owl). I'll be getting back on that night schedule pretty soon, so maybe I'll be able to catch you around from time to time! As others before me have already said, Culann sounds like a really great and interesting character!

Happy writing and welcome to Balmung!

Culann is a great character! Please hunt this man down for roleplay, you won't be disappointed!

Thank you! I've enjoyed our RP a lot! <3

That sounds awesome, Bishido. I've had more than a few nights up until 5AM, definitely having a great time here on Balmung, still open for RP if anyone wants to feel free to add me and maybe we can work something out!

Good morning and welcome!

I really enjoyed reading your character concept! If you're interested in learning about Ishgardian class structure, may I point you to here? ---> http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=12605

I'm on my phone so I can't make the link look all fancy lol. But I referenced that thread in regards to my Ishgardian character, Lucien Chevalier. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the alignment system, but Lucien would be considered Chaotic Good and he's a lancer. My main character is Nahare Mergrey, my Chaotic Neutral gunner. And then there's Terel Mahrabi, my Neutral Good thaumaturge. All of them have links to their wikis in my signature (I need to add Terel, but he has one).

If you would be interested in RP'ing with one of them or just talking/hanging out, send me a PM and I'd love to :). I hope you enjoy your stay on Balmung!