Rogue One: Cannot Unsee

Rakata Prime is still canon according to the Art of The Force Awakens (or whatever it's called). The purging of the EU may more have to do with them being able to retell it on their terms.

I made a graph about this, it needs filling in with books and comics though, only added games and tv shows/movies for now. Also forgot to add Rogue One just under the trilogies.

http://s30.postimg.org/9ie5yzk1t/Untitled.jpg

Basically all EU is non-canon and is put into Legends, Lucasfilm/Disney can pick and choose elements from Legends and retell it in their own way, as you said. Do people like and hate it? Yes, that's just their opinion. I'm personally thankful this happened (Goodbye Starkiller!).

How it was explained to me is that unless it was specifically thrown out (the EU after Episode 6 was completely thrown out to be replaced), it's one of those "it might be, it might not be," but until they explicitly say, "this didn't happen," or rewrite the history, it can still be considered "sorta canon."

They've already put a lot of Legends content in Clone Wars and Rebels, and as Pablo Hidalgo says in his Q&A on Rebels Recon, just because something from Legends is there doesn't automatically make its story canon. Malachor is in Kotor 2 and Rebels. Same planet, both stories share the planet, but both have different stories.

EDIT: Then again Malachor V was the only thing mentioned in the KOTOR series, in Clone Wars and Rebels it was simply Malachor.

One thing to keep in mind is that KOTOR/SWTOR take place almost 4000 (in the case of KOTOR) and 3600 years, respectively, before the Battle of Yavin. It's entirely possible that names have changed over that long period of time. So Malachor may very well be the same planet we saw in KOTOR/SWTOR, and the name just changed over three millenia.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic