Top Posters In This Topic

So, go ahead, watch the trailer:

[video=youtube]

Now, look at this...

rogueoneTSSheader.jpg

And now, look at this:

Overly-Attached-Girlfriend.jpg

I CANNOT UNSEE IT.

DON'T YOU TRY AND RUIN MY HYPE. DID YOU SEE THOSE AT-ATs?! MORE WARS IN THE STARS I SAY!

All jokes aside I choose not to see it, you can say... I rebel.

And now, look at this:

overly-attached-girlfriend.gif

I CANNOT UNSEE IT.

DON'T YOU TRY AND RUIN MY HYPE. DID YOU SEE THOSE AT-ATs?! MORE WARS IN THE STARS I SAY!

All jokes aside I choose not to see it, you can say... I rebel.

Stop posting this picture I'll never unsee it if all I do is see it! It's even following me!

Very excited for this film, but she seemed really edgelord and Mary Sue-ish in the trailer. Of course, the movie has the benefit of the doubt, but there were some eyerolls at "I rebel" and sassy "Yes sir". Like wow we've never had this type of character in film before guise

In truth, I am quite excited about the film - several times as much as I was about The Force Awakens.

I am -hoping- that the guy in the background ends up being Wedge Antilles, since he's supposed to be THE premiere pilot of the Rebellion and the technical Rogue One.

Kale, I wouldn't quite say Mary Sue, but I will admit that my second reaction to the trailer, after "Oh, this will be MUCH better...", was "Just please don't make this into Katniss"

*snip*

I am -hoping- that the guy in the background ends up being Wedge Antilles, since he's supposed to be THE premiere pilot of the Rebellion and the technical Rogue One.

*snip*

I'd say either Wedge (which would be pretty awesome in itself) or possibly Kyle Katarn maybe? The latter is an idea/guess another friend threw out which, while not as sensible as Wedge (for the reasons already mentioned), would still be kinda cool.

Either way, still super hype for this :D

*snip*

*snip*

I'd say either Wedge (which would be pretty awesome in itself) or possibly Kyle Katarn maybe? The latter is an idea/guess another friend threw out which, while not as sensible as Wedge (for the reasons already mentioned), would still be kinda cool.

Either way, still super hype for this :D

I actually am really thinking that is Kyle Katarn and she is going to be (inspired by) Jan Orso, and this will be the origins/intro into a Dark Forces styled plot/universe (Her name in the movie is Jyn Erso atm I believe). While I am a big Wedge fan, using Kyle and Jayn is a wiser move in expanding the universe, as they can really spin off into so many directions as a base to rethink or expound upon.

My immediate thought was that I had heard her say "Jan Ors, sir." Then the internet told me that her name is Jyn Erso.

...That's still really close no?

>.> They just need to call it Operation Skyhoot and that Kyle Katarn looking guy Kale Catan.

Maaaan. First Disney ruins my childhood by making all the books I grew up reading in the Star Wars universe obsolete (Especially Timothy Zhan's wonderfully written Admiral Thrawn Trilogy) And now Disney is going to milk this baby until I get tired of seeing the Staw Wars logo. ;_;

. . .I'll still probably see the movie despite my feelings. Lol.  -.-

Maaaan. First Disney ruins my childhood by making all the books I grew up reading in the Star Wars universe obsolete (Especially Timothy Zhan's wonderfully written Admiral Thrawn Trilogy) And now Disney is going to milk this baby until I get tired of seeing the Staw Wars logo. ;_;

This.

Disney's sitting here making up all these dumb stories when they've got a plethora of tales already out there. Legacy of the Force and Force Unleashed, just to name a few! I bet they'd make millions! But no...

I'm probably gonna end up seeing the movie too. And cringe. -sagenod-

This.

Disney's sitting here making up all these dumb stories when they've got a plethora of tales already out there. Legacy of the Force and Force Unleashed, just to name a few! I bet they'd make millions! But no...

I'm probably gonna end up seeing the movie too. And cringe. -sagenod-

Its as if millions of fans cried out at once and were suddenly silenced. I feel like something terrible has happened. . .

Its okay Chip. We can start a support group. Lol.

Very excited for this film, but she seemed really edgelord and Mary Sue-ish in the trailer. Of course, the movie has the benefit of the doubt, but there were some eyerolls at "I rebel" and sassy "Yes sir". Like wow we've never had this type of character in film before guise

Well, we don't know the context of those phrases. I actually got the impression that she was putting up a big front but isn't nearly as brave as she's trying to make herself out to be.

There's speculation that Thrawn may very well show up in this movie.

There's speculation that Thrawn may very well show up in this movie.

That would be all kinds of awesome.

But please. Don't punish Star Wars fans by drawing on some of the expanded shiiiiiit that came out in the books and video games. Just the good stuff, thanks.

But please. Don't punish Star Wars fans by drawing on some of the expanded shiiiiiit that came out in the books and video games. Just the good stuff, thanks.

There's all kinds of good stuff in the video games, and I guess some good stuff in the books.

Like, you weren't looking at Starkiller Base and going, "Wait...how the hell did they get Rakata technology?"

Peeps be like, "OMG ANOTHER DEATH STAR" and I'm in the corner going, "THAT'S NO DEATH STAR, SON. THAT'S A STAR FORGE."

I already like her better than Rey. I'm sufficiently excited. They even chose a great imitator for Mon Mothma.

Still there's already good rogue squadron works out there. I am a bit surprised they didn't just adapt one loosely. 

I loved Thrawn and I'd like to see the dogfighting those EU works tried to show, especially Imperial aces.

I already like her better than Rey. I'm sufficiently excited. They even chose a great imitator for Mon Mothma.

Same actress who was in Return of the Sith deleted scenes.

I dunno, Dark Forces EU is sorta interesting. I told someone today that Rogue One is just like... a fan video of Dark Forces just not.. fan.

There's all kinds of good stuff in the video games, and I guess some good stuff in the books.

Like, you weren't looking at Starkiller Base and going, "Wait...how the hell did they get Rakata technology?"

Peeps be like, "OMG ANOTHER DEATH STAR" and I'm in the corner going, "THAT'S NO DEATH STAR, SON.  THAT'S A STAR FORGE."

Oh no, I admit there was a lot of good stuff. BUT you have to admit there was plenty of crap too is all I was saying.

Oh no, I admit there was a lot of good stuff. BUT you have to admit there was plenty of crap too is all I was saying.

Well, at least we know we're not getting a Young Jedi series of preternaturally perfect kids defeating adults.

>.>

Same actress who was in Return of the Sith deleted scenes.

I dunno, Dark Forces EU is sorta interesting. I told someone today that Rogue One is just like... a fan video of Dark Forces just not.. fan.

I liked Dark Forces. I wasn't totally on board with Kyle becoming a Jedi, but then he became a Grey Jedi and that was interesting.