Random Observations

Ever been running through the game and noticed something off?  Well post it here and discuss.

Starters.

Why is it called Drybone when it rains there more than anywhere else?

Also! Everyone call the hours -bells- in the game, yet I have never once heard a bell chime the hour, nor seen a bell tower to signal the hour.

Since the passage of time in-game is much faster than the actual passage of time, I think chiming a bell hourly in-game would become an annoying background noise that happens way too often.

All the random stuff NPCs say in bubbles. I am often running away and back to read them. This is the only bit of the game I actually read i never read quests... and that explains why I have no clue what is happening but instead make up my own stories (just like life).

Since the passage of time in-game is much faster than the actual passage of time, I think chiming a bell hourly in-game would become an annoying background noise that happens way too often.

That's a fair point, but where would the sound come from? I don't know if I've ever even seen a large bell in-game. lol

That's a fair point, but where would the sound come from? I don't know if I've ever even seen a large bell in-game. lol

I think if you have the clock in the house chimes

Don't hold me to it, but I think somewhere in the Ishgard/Coerthas area they have a bell.

I'm probably going to be looking around for that later this evening......if I remember.

Don't hold me to it, but I think somewhere in the Ishgard/Coerthas area they have a bell.

I'm probably going to be looking around for that later this evening......if I remember.

You get me a screenshot I'll eat my hat!

...also I'll send some gil to you or something for the trouble. lol

It's now a challenge! I must remember! I can make into some weird RP event or something....

"Remind me what we're doing here?"

"Looking for a bell."

"Why?"

"Because i'm trying to be an artist and need inspiration."

Boom.

The reason it's called Drybone is because before the Calamity, it was, well, dry as a bone. The same climate shift responsible for the jungle in Raincatcher Valley and the constant snow in Coerthas made it rain there constantly. Also the reason there's so much vegetation in Thanalan, which is supposed to be a desert.

It's now a challenge! I must remember! I can make into some weird RP event or something....

"Remind me what we're doing here?"

"Looking for a bell."

"Why?"

"Because i'm trying to be an artist and need inspiration."

Boom.

And thus, the journey that lead to the writing of  "The Silent Bell", Eorzea's epic poem of silence and loss of purpose, was begun!

...I need to stop typing when I am out of coffee... lol

The reason it's called Drybone is because before the Calamity, it was, well, dry as a bone. The same climate shift responsible for the jungle in Raincatcher Valley and the constant snow in Coerthas made it rain there constantly. Also the reason there's so much vegetation in Thanalan, which is supposed to be a desert.

Okay I suppose that's fair. But I wouldn't say the vegetation growing is that exceptional.  Plenty of desert landscapes can have vegetation and not receive much rain. If anything, Drybone needs -more- vegetation to properly reflect the increase in rain.

And thus, the journey that lead to the writing of  "The Silent Bell", Eorzea's epic poem of silence and loss of purpose, was begun!

Just let it happen, it makes everything better.

I'll drag people along with me in search of this bell, make it into a party while i'm at it.

RP event+party? What more could you ask for?

I'll drag people along with me in search of this bell, make it into a party while i'm at it.

Tea and cakes?

The actual desert is south of Ul'dah anyway; the Sagoli is where it's just sand and sun. Thanalan itself is mostly unchanged since 1.0 if I remember the terrain correctly.

So would that would make the rain more of an amusing weather phenomenon due to programing of the game; rather than a sign of shifted weather patterns like Coerthas?

Tea and cakes?

I don't have tea, but I can make cakes.

Lots of cakes.

Tea and cakes?

Lots of cakes.

You are certain these cakes aren't a lie?

The actual desert is south of Ul'dah anyway; the Sagoli is where it's just sand and sun. Thanalan itself is mostly unchanged since 1.0 if I remember the terrain correctly.

So would that would make the rain more of an amusing weather phenomenon due to programing of the game; rather than a sign of shifted weather patterns like Coerthas?

In 1.0, during the fall of Dalamud, the massive amounts of rain in Thanalan was given as a huge sign as something being very wrong. The rain has just remained. There's also much, much more greenery than there was in 1.0.

Tea and cakes?

Lots of cakes.

I'm 99.9999% sure the cakes I make aren't a lie.

Tea and cakes?

Lots of cakes.

I can confirm that, due to that .0001%, that the cakes are a lie.

Tea and cakes?

Lots of cakes.

I can confirm that, due to that .0001%, that the cakes are a lie.

NOOOoOoOOOOoOOoOOoOo!

In 1.0, during the fall of Dalamud, the massive amounts of rain in Thanalan was given as a huge sign as something being very wrong. The rain has just remained. There's also much, much more greenery than there was in 1.0.

But is the extra greeniery  just cause of improved graphics or an intentional choice cause rain? Are we talking trees or just Sade grass?