How's it going? :)

Hello! I'm brand new here on this site and Balmung. I just recently resubbed after being away for about a year and decided to stop being too scared to try RPing on FFXIV and transferred over. My character is currently a 50 white mage, but I'm going to be switching to bard probably. My character is named Ahsa Mhaazru, please feel free to /tell me or give me a wave! :) I'm in the US in CST. I mostly play during the afternoon and evening.

-MMORPG background

Oh man, I've played most modern MMOs. It'd be easier to list ones I haven't played. xD

-RP experience

I've RPed in table top games, but as for online RPing I've played in WoW and LOTRO. But it has been awhile, several years in fact, since I've really RPed. Please go a bit easy on me, I'm not a paragraph RPer.

-Character ideas/info

I'm playing a Keeper of the Moon Miqo'te who's left her tribe. She kind of fell into her current profession, which is a chocobo racer at the Golden Saucer. That's really just the briefest glimpse into my character, but please feel free to correct me if this is something I can't do. I'm open to constructive criticism!

-How did you learn about the coalition?

Google! xP

-What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

Medium or heavy? I want to get into RPing a lot.

-Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

I'm in a happy long term relationship IRL. I'm (and he) is fine with romantic RP, but please leave it IC. :)

Thank you for the warm welcomes! :) I'm glad my character is being received well, I was super nervous it wouldn't be. xP Does anyone know if chocobo races can be spectated in the Golden Saucer? It isn't a big deal, but it would be kinda cool if they could be.

Honestly I have no clue at all. I set foot once only in the Gold Saucer and it was for that unlocking quest... Then my eyes went all "IT BURNS US MY PRECIOUS" so I got the hell out. :P

There is no chocobo races though in there? I mean, it was a big thing in the FFVII Gold Saucer, right? Though they were racing alone, with no rider on their back, a bit like dog races.

I enjoy a bit of chocobo racing myself and would love to do it IC but i've never really come across anyone else who likes it as much. Spectating would sound like, in Aya's words a terrific idea! But unfortunately I don't believe it possible at this time.

Don't worry about paragraph RP. There are lots who are the same : )

I'm not much of an elaborate paragraph RPer either simply down to lack of confidence in my own creative writing skills but you might get one or two out of me here and there when I try ^^

Welcome also! (bards4life)

Unfortunately you can't spectate chocobo races in Gold Saucer, but a Chocobo Racer character is an amazing idea and would love to RP. Or if you need any NPC characters to race against I'd be down! I've got a maxed race chocobo and could throw together a race outfit.