FFXIV Fanfest 2016 Megathread

So all those who went to FanfesI, so far how is your experience from a 1-10 with 1 being absolutely awful to 10 being absolutely phenomenal

Because 6 fucking hours with no food or drink. And completely incompetent staff who couldn't manage the line. The register people were fine.

Is it bad that this reminds me of those old rollercoaster tycoon games where you had to hire entertainers so the people in line didn't go apeshit?

I'm sorry y'all got stuck in line for so long though. That is pretty ridiculous.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stream was definitely not worth $30. I understand most of the staff are volunteers? They couldn't pay people? I wasn't watching the whole thing, when I tuned in they were talking about art and the guy was talking on and on about this great fat moogle but the camera man didn't pan down to look at it.. I wonder what it looked like. :?

The staff didn't appear to be volunteers this time. (Volunteers would have been so much better).

Coming from this area of businesses, the staff would probably rented for the venue and aren't specific to the Paris. They'll probably be scanning tickets for a football game or doing something else right after.

The stream was definitely not worth $30.

This I agree with. The stream of Tokyo Fan Fest I watched two years ago was much better. Nico Nico was a pain in the ass to deal with, so the platform this one was held on was way better in terms of streaming performance. But the content wasn't as good and the sound quality for the concert was poor.

At least the outfit reward isn't trash, unlike like that damned moogle crap...

Figure I would post this here.  Has anyone had trouble redeeming the code of the items you get from buying the livestream?  I try redeeming it and it says the code is invalid.  I even double check the code to make sure I wrote it down right before typing it in.

I purchased the Livestream yesterday and went to enter the item code, and it is saying it is invalid.  I tried again this morning...is anyone else having this issue with a code from the Livestream?

I have a red ticket. I'm in the priority line thinger.:cactuar:

How long did you have to wait in line to get one?

I was in line for about 3 hours, all the way through the costume contest and then some. They cut off the line right in front of me and started handing out red tickets to those who couldn't get in yesterday.

I was in line for about 3 hours, all the way through the costume contest and then some. They cut off the line right in front of me and started handing out red tickets to those who couldn't get in yesterday.

I thought this was a con, not a waiting in line simulator. :P

I thought this was a con, not a waiting in line simulator. :P

Oh man I'm sorry, hang in there!! This is Fanfest, everything is a line

Can anyone find the questions asked that he mentioned were answered in the book? Was it only why Garuda is female?

I posted a bunch on my tumblr (popoto quality ones)

So from reading the book (it's very dark here atm so it's a bit hard) the Ixal were created by the Allagans and were deployed as the Garuda Aerial Force or something along those lines. The general in charge of the division was a female.

Edit: Garuda Airborne Division. The records indicate a chimerical race called the Iksalion that were created on Azys La to assist this division.

Can anyone find the questions asked that he mentioned were answered in the book? Was it only why Garuda is female?

I posted a bunch on my tumblr (popoto quality ones)

So from reading the book (it's very dark here atm so it's a bit hard) the Ixal were created by the Allagans and were deployed as the Garuda Aerial Force or something along those lines. The general in charge of the division was a female.

Edit: Garuda Airborne Division. The records indicate a chimerical race called the Iksalion that were created on Azys La to assist this division.

I know, I posted a picture of it. I was asking if that was the only question that they said "the answer is in the lore book"