FFXIV Fanfest 2016 Megathread

Can anyone find the questions asked that he mentioned were answered in the book? Was it only why Garuda is female?

I posted a bunch on my tumblr (popoto quality ones)

So from reading the book (it's very dark here atm so it's a bit hard) the Ixal were created by the Allagans and were deployed as the Garuda Aerial Force or something along those lines. The general in charge of the division was a female.

Edit: Garuda Airborne Division. The records indicate a chimerical race called the Iksalion that were created on Azys La to assist this division.

I know, I posted a picture of it. I was asking if that was the only question that they said "the answer is in the lore book"

Oh whoops, I misunderstood. Pretty sure that was the only one then.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, as I sit back here on the floor, just behind the round tables, awaiting the Primals, I think it's awesome that I:

• Met Momoto, Franz, and some of the Tower people, as well as several awesome Balmung people whose character names I didn't get
  • Got my Black Mage pin (finally)
  • Almost got a full TT set
  • Beat Proto-Ultima without dying once and holding #2 on the threat list
  • Completed the Hildebrand quest
  • Got a tabloid slanderously accusing Wizard in good standing Sasha Rochester of vampirism :)

It's been a ton of fun, and I wish I got to meet more people who I heard were here. Here's to an awesome 4.x series!

Merchant line was probably the worst thing I've seen out of all cons I've been in my life. There is no reason for me or anyone to get someone and wait for 5-6 hours to miss out of most events. I ended up doing it anyways. I didn't miss any panel, but it doesn't mean I got to sit down and relax. 

Friday was the only day I could be at Fanfest and I didn't get to do any Hildebrand event because of merchant line. For some reason during the middle of the day, staffs cut off and said they weren't accepting anymore people. So people started leaving by giving up. Then again, the line gets formed up once more as the staffs allowed them to go again. There were others who waited for 5 hours before me and gave up because of this stunt and then they had to wait all the way in the back of the line AGAIN. Like, really?

I've been waiting from 3-5:30 pm PDT and then the staff stopped me saying that they can't bring more people to go to the merchant until next day and hands us the red ticket as first come first serve between 10 to 2 pm. And I was like, "I really can't do that. I've got flight to catch in the morning", and the staff was understanding enough to let me be the last one to get the items at merchant line. Luckily, I got myself some pins and books.

But boy it doesn't feel extremely achieved because this merchant line could have been better.

And the whole Hildebrand reward seems like very unrewarding to some folks I've met since they said first fanfest was much better with rewards. I agree if people got shirts out of the events.

Lastly, if anyone won the cactpot, you basically get GeForce  GTX 1060 founders card with bunch of other digital loots apparently (from Facebook source) - and no, I didn't win sadly.

I might give next fanfest a chance, but if the merchant line or events are as messy as this year, I might just leave it off with live stream instead.

This weekend was so much fun!

I didn't think I'd enjoy Ravana Ex theme as much as I did until the Primal Concert and there I was bouncing up and down. (oh if they closed with Brute Justice they would have KILLED IT) (hopefully next time?!)

And to all the people I met, it was so good to meet you all. Some, it was for too short of a time, and I wish we had more time to hang out.

The merchandise line the first day was a big fail though. Luckily they modified the system the second day (my total wait time was about 2 hours overall) but here's hoping they really improve the system by next fanfest. AND that their supply meets the demands! They really should have brought more lore book. They vastly underestimated the demand for that.

Other than that, it was a pretty busy but fun weekend!

• 5 weeks later...