Kingsglaive [Spoilers Ahead]

So Kingsglaive is in select theaters as of tonight and is only showing in select locales with more to slowly be added that you can find out more on in places like this.

I got to see it in a little theater in downtown Phoenix and was far from disappointed.

OMFG.

Just.

OMFG

The Kingsglaive warriors and the magic in the movie was the greatest I had ever seen. The Princess' home reminded me a little bit of a cross between Nabudis in FF12 and the woods the viera hail from. 

If you do go and see the movie, stay for after the credits. There is a cutscene at the very end that hails the beginning of FF15!

It's like SE is finally attempting to do something right and ACTUALLY EXPLAIN THINGS before the game starts.

Between the movie and brotherhood, I would buy the game on release..

If I had a PS4 -_-

We're going to go the X-Box route since it's cheaper then doing a PS4

I saw the movie last night since it's now available on Amazon. I thought it was brilliant and suitably fast paced but with plenty of intrigue. It did a great job at showing off the game world too - and there's a number of locations shown or mentioned that I cannot wait to explore for myself once the game finally launches.

I liked how the antagonists were handled too - not only were they allowed to be effective, intimidating and a genuine threat but some of them had some pretty sympathetic motives too - it's just a shame that some of them didn't get a whole lot of screen-time but that isn't too jarring since they'll no doubt be showing up within FFXV itself.

The references to previous Final Fantasy titles were very cool as well.

I saw the movie last night since it's now available on Amazon. I thought it was brilliant and suitably fast paced but with plenty of intrigue. It did a great job at showing off the game world too - and there's a number of locations shown or mentioned that I cannot wait to explore for myself once the game finally launches.

I liked how the antagonists were handled too - not only were they allowed to be effective, intimidating and a genuine threat but some of them had some pretty sympathetic motives too - it's just a shame that some of them didn't get a whole lot of screen-time but that isn't too jarring since they'll no doubt be showing up within FFXV itself.

The references to previous Final Fantasy titles were very cool as well.

All of my yup.

I hope we see Libertus in an important role come game time. Also the way they first revealed Crow's body was jarring with the insects surrounding the hand. I actually jumped in my seat a little.

• 1 month later...

I checked it out on Amazon; made the purchase day of release. I figured the anime was good so this couldn't be a bad purchase. Boy did I underestimate this movie. I'll definitely be watching it again and now I'm curious if the digital release has that post-credits scene.

I also didn't pick up on the references to other Final Fantasies, or maybe I forget... So I'll have to watch again just for that alone.