RPC Census, Part I (Race-CLOSED)

Kylin

What is your pirmary character's race/gender?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What is your pirmary character's race/gender?

• Hyur Female
    • Hyur Male
    • Miqo'te Female
    • Miqo'te Male
    • Elezen Female
    • Elezen Male
    • Lalafell Female
    • Lalafell Male
    • Roegadyn Female
    • Roegadyn Male

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roegadyn Female! Leaning towards Sea Wolf, though it's undecided. I dislike the naming conventions for the Hellsguard which turned me off of them, despite them being my original choice! I might just twist it IC a little and go with a less conventional name! I'll decide soon enough, I'm sure!

Roegadyn Female! Leaning towards Sea Wolf, though it's undecided. I dislike the naming conventions for the Hellsguard which turned me off of them, despite them being my original choice! I might just twist it IC a little and go with a less conventional name! I'll decide soon enough, I'm sure!

The naming conventions follow both Hellsguard and Sea Wolf. They are more apt to adapting to Eorzean customs then their naval fairing brethren. Also, don't get tied up in trying to be 100% lore based as far as naming conventions. Those are hard and fast rules for any customs in any culture. As long as you don't run around with Xhamtaro Dickmasterx or anything, no one will treat you any different. Having a colorful name is probably just as common as anything significantly racial.

As for on topic:

Nakil Aizam, Male Miqo'te, Seeker of the Sun (Playing a keeper in beta, but I don't like the skin tone options much.)

We already have two hellsguard characters who follow Sea Wolf naming conventions. So it's not really that big of a deal, there's also existing NPCs (in the old version of the game) That broke these conventions as well. Like Sea wolf's with Hellsguard like names (Angry River, etc.)

Yeah! I was thinking I'd be able to twist the name issue either way.

Though I'm still undecided. Until I can get my hands on character creation and have a poke at them both, I'll still be undecided! I'm just leaning towards Hellsguard right now because red! Roar.