What are most excited for?

I was searching through FFXIV screen shots for reference materiel, and it just got me so stoked to get back to playing. So, I started to wonder what you guys are most excited about in getting back into the game?

I mean, aside from just seeing that the game has to offer as far as new things, I'm super stoked about seeing Summoner and how it'll act as a class. Will it be like FFXI at all? Or will it be more like what they intended to put out in 1.0? (Some mentions of traps and stuff).

Company housing! Especially if they make due on their promises to make some pretty extravagant stuff. This opens up some great places to experience some RP.

Skill chains. At least, I think? I thought I heard mention of bringing back and revamping the skill chain system to be more ...functional than it was back in 1.0. Skillchains were a HUGE thing in FFXI and I really hope they become as important in FFXIV.

And of course, throwing Bea out in the field and weaving the most ridiculous stories about people. ;)

New character creation options, housing system, barber/vanity system, exploring the world as a whole, and most of all throwing Uther into the mix of this well-established community and seeing what comes out of it.

Scholar. SCH was one of my main jobs in FFXI, and the one I had the most fun playing. Having Scholar in FFXIV at launch makes me very happy. I was not expecting that at all.

Also, character customization options. I look forward to seeing everyone's unique characters.

Company housing. The designs they've shown us look great, and they mentioned we'll be able to get hunting trophies like Ifirt's head to hang on the walls. Can't wait to see that.

For some reason, what I am looking forward to most is the all the quests and missions we'll have. New lore to play with. :)

And RP. I miss the RP sooo much.

Such a simple question, but one that is so hard to answer.  Hm. For me, as has been said many times, I'm really excited about the world in general. It looks SO beautiful, especially on PC. I'm looking forward to some amazing screenshots.

Also, Free Companys and housing! I've never been in an MMO that had actual guilds and housing for those guilds, so this will be a nice experience. Please look kindly on my, FC leaders~

And also, the music!! What is a FF game without it's amazing scores? If I hear the music from FFXI, I almost always know the zone it was from (Oh Altepa, how you haunt me) and it brings back the memories immediately. 

I'm looking forward to creating new memories with all of you!

Roleplaying.

That's not to say that I'm not excited about a lot of the mechanics on display or that I don't care about the changes to the game. I certainly do; given that I've played since launch it would be hard not to be.

But I have a lot of memories with Rhio. I've played her and watched her go from her earliest incarnation to the woman who ended version 1.0. That was a miserably sad time in her life, alone and unloved, cut off from those she had called friends, left entirely isolated at what she thought was the end of the world. And when the time skip is over, she's coming back to a world that has moved on without her and quite possibly hasn't really remembered her, depending on the recollection of those who didn't skip.

I want her to rebuild, to grow, to reconnect, to meet new people. I want the chance to slip back into the shoes of an old and dear friend. I want to explore her world again.

As nice as everything else is, that's what makes me the most excited.

Well even though this question seemed to be targeted for the people who played previously.

I am most excited to learn the roles and abilities of the classes, interact with the community, and finding an awesome raid group and getting into some raids.

I really want to RP with everyone.

I actively started talking to people literally on the last day of 1.0, so I didn't get to RP with anyone prior to that.

Game-wise though, I am reeaaally looking forward to all the new quest and lore what nots. I really want to see all of the cities, housing, everything.

Yes. I think that sums up my feelings, actually.

Everything.

I am looking forward to recreating my character because the one I had in 1.0 was bland, no backstory really, or personality. I am also looking forward to RP'ing with all of you again even though many I never RP'd with and the ones I did probally don't remember me.

The best thing though is all the new content coming out with ARR and of course the beauty that is Eorzea.

Stability.

I've been bouncing around between games for a long time now, checking them out but never getting too attached. Because I've been waiting for this game. Even my time in the legacy game (that's what I'm calling the older FFXIV from now on) was spent fixated much more on ARR than experiencing what was there. Finally, I'll be able to settle down in a game and community that suit me very well.

*averts eyes from WildStar* You'll have your turn.

Stability.

I've been bouncing around between games for a long time now, checking them out but never getting too attached. Because I've been waiting for this game. Even my time in the legacy game (that's what I'm calling the older FFXIV from now on) was spent fixated much more on ARR than experiencing what was there. Finally, I'll be able to settle down in a game and community that suit me very well.

*averts eyes from WildStar* You'll have your turn.

You know, now that you mention it, I'd have to say the same on this. I mean, I don't know how long I'll last with ARR. I know I naturally get very antsy with my MMOs and typically move on to other things as soon as I've experienced all there is to experience, but this has been the first time in a while where I feel as though I might be around longer than 2 or 3 months.

Wildstar... is a totally different beast. But, I'm ok with giving my attention to two of my MMO loves. I am that kind of giving.

I'm looking forward to my very first RP experiences! Also, I'd like to try to experience the game from different point of view. In my previous MMOs I've rushed to the end game and got bored of it after I fully learned my class and became the best I could be. Now I wish to enjoy the whole world and stop on my way to admire everything. I try to mainly focus on RP and I believe this community will provide lots of nice experiences. Can't wait to meet lots of new people too!