Far From Home

Kaizyr

Lyra shrugged. "Ain't gonna blame ya for bein' skittish. Ya gotta keep yer guard up, y'know?"

She led them up towards the deck, but stopped by a burly Roe sailor just before reaching the top. He discouraged them from going outside, as it had begun to rain and the waves were getting choppier. No doubt. They could feel the ship lurching back and forth as it made its way. The sailor mentioned that the passengers' galley was at the stern of the ship--essentially the opposite side of the sailors' mess hall where they were earlier.

Lyra turned back to Honi and shrugged again. "Ya heard the man. So, wanna follow yer nose?"

Edited by Kaizyr

"Exactly... Rather be weary then taken advantage of... She seemed nice enough though.. Though.. There was something about her." Honi replied before they were turned away. Apparently rough waters was cause enough to keep them below decks.

Having been prompted to put his nose to use, Honi came to a slow stop besides Lyra, closed his eyes and took in a deep breath. He continued sniffing the air, discerning the various scents that assaulted him before pointing down a hall to their right. "There."

Indeed, down the hall to the right there were passengers filing into whatever room it was. As the two (presumably) made their way over for themselves, the aromas that Honi could smell only became stronger. And more delectable. Once inside, they are greeted by the sight of their fellow passengers in a large galley with several tables. There is a buffet out with seafood and fresh fruit and vegetables.

Lyra cheered. "Hells yeah! This here's what we need! Sure hope it don't cost much..."

Honi lead the way, or rather his nose did, and once they happened upon the rather large galley, he stood there a moment, proud of his tracking abilities. This was a clear sign that when it came to food, Honi was not one to trifle with. Moving to the line, he felt for his coin purse to make sure he had it.

"It's not charity but if need be, I'll cover the cost... You're helping me so consider this your payment?" He had a sneaking suspicion he was going to fight with her regarding him covering the cost of her food if she needed him to. 

And his suspicions were correct. Lyra shook her head, saying, "Nah, no need. I got some gil saved up from previous odd jobs, so I reckon I'm-a be aight."

She ruffled his hair as a kind of "good job on finding the place" gesture, and fell in line behind the rest of the passengers looking to fill their plates at the buffet spread.

"I'm more interested in this adventurer chick ya found yerself dealin' with." She winked at him. "She a looker? I ain't really pinned ya for the type to charm strange girls."

"Yes she is pretty... A looker?" He tried to use the slang she had just used. "She is also very paired up with someone... She's a Miqo'te who came to my aid and runs a animal clinic but more importantly she knows a fair amount of my people... I'm thinking she can help point me in a good direction to find my wayward brother."

Honi spoke as he waited on line before cracking a grin. "And I do not go out of my way to charm people strange or not... Sometimes it can't be helped." He was sure to add a chuckle to show he spoke in jest.

Lyra looked at him, confused. Then she burst out laughing, waving her hand in front of her face as if to wave away the notion. "Nah, I ain't talkin' about whoever that foxy-cat is. I'm talkin' about that Hyur ya met above deck when we split up earlier."

They got to the buffet spread, and Lyra filled her plate up with a few vegetables and a skewer of pork. "Though if ya wanna talk about this mysterious Miqo ya just brought up, that's fine too."

"Oh... Of course... I was... Just testing out." Honi said in response he cheeks flushing over. Of course Lyra had been referring to the woman he just mentioned and not anyone else. Clearing this throat, he shook his head declining to speak of his Miqo friend further and choosing to focus on answering her once more.

"Rose... Marcella Rose I believe she said her name was." He said after a moments pause to recall the woman's name. He then looked to the spread in front of them, mentally deciding on what and how much he'd have.

"Marcella Rose, huh." Lyra thought about this for a moment, but the name wasn't ringing any bells for her. She shrugged it off and moved away from the buffet spread, having filled her plate.

The most pleasant surprise to her was that there was no fee for the food on this ferry, at least for regular meals. She sat down at one of the tables--all of which were communal, which made sense considering the number of passengers on board. She beamed in greeting to the Highlander male beside her, who merely scowled in reply.

He was relieved the name didn't seem to ring a bell with her. He was weary someone had taken interest in them and not in a good way. Of course, the fact he was getting a meal now played in part in calming himself as well. Plate full, Honi moved to sit beside his travel companion, noting the response from the man she sat beside.

"Friendly lot..." He mumbled to her before digging into his plate.

"So... I was thinking perhaps we could split up once we land... I'll check on my friend with her Miqo'te connections... And maybe you can look into the adventurers guild?" He asked, feeling guilty for asking her to share the work load with her but realizing they could cover more ground this way. "If it's not any trouble." he winced as he asked.

Lyra munched on her plate of food, more than happy for free food with no strings attached. She waved her hand frivolously at him. "Nah, ain't no pwobwem..."

She swallowed her mouthful and then actually turned to him, flashing him a wink. "Ain't really my thing to be a third wheel anyway. Though gotta tell ya, reckon I won't find nothin' helpful with the Adventurer's Guild..." She took a swig of her grog. "...Not exactly on the best terms with 'em, if ya ain't caught on."

"Hey. That was my grog," gruffed the Highlander beside her.

He was about to tell her to look into the market place then to see if his brother may have posted something for sale when the Highlander beside her spoke up. And just when he thought they would avoid getting into trouble.

"Ease up friend... I'll get you another one." Which is what Honi replied with... However he felt as he spoke those words, he was inviting a world of trouble.

The gruff Highlander stood up, towering over them with his full height and looking more intimidating since Lyra and Honi were seated. He ignores Honi's offer. "You think you can grab anyone's tankard like it's yours? Who do you think you are, you whoreson?!"

Lyra flared and shot into a stand turning to the Highlander and standing toe to toe with him as she looked him in the eye. Even so, she had to crane her neck quite a bit since she her height just barely reached his chest. "It's whore-daughter, actually." Her expression suddenly breaks into a manic grin. "Ya lookin' for a fight, mate?"

Some of the passengers glanced warily at the scene unfolding in the galley, but most couldn't be bothered. This kind of thing must've happened a lot on ferries between La Noscea and Thanalan.

Edited by Kaizyr

There was a shift in change in his demeanor and the normally very cheerful Miqo'te was rather calm, almost in a eerie sense.  Slowly standing up as well, his tail twitched nervously but otherwise, Honi looked calm.

"Look mate... We aren't looking for trouble... We aren't backing away from any that finds it's way to us either... Now why don't you take my tankard... it's untouched even, and just enjoy the rest of your day.... It's just I'd really hate to hear the sound of bones breaking... It's a gruesome sound that sticks with you, and when ever I travel with HER she always ends up breaking sounds arm are leg... You would think you get use to it... but at night... I swear I can hear... SNAP!" He shook his head as if he was reliving a nightmare. "Very gruesome..."

Lyra threw a thumb over her shoulder, gesturing to Honi. "And my buddy here's a Grade-A hunter, if ya catch my drift. Awful good at skinnin' his prey. Twelve be damned, sometimes I gotta wonder what happens to 'em; there ain't never any trace-a the husks after he's through."

"You think you can scare me with your..." The Highlander cut his sentence off, taking a good look at Lyra. As he got a good look, his expression darkened a bit with a twinge of fear. He even withdrew a half-step. "Red bandana... Green eyes... Between Highlander and Midlander... By the Twelve. It's...!"

Two burly Roe sailors muscled their way onto the scene. When they reached the tense situation between the three passengers, they crossed their arms over their broad chests. 

"There are problem here, mates?"

"Nothing that just didn't work itself out." Honi was the first to reply before taking Lyra's arm and pulling at her to follow. Of course he snatched up a sausage as he attempted to move them away because, well this was Honi and leading a plate of food was a sin he didn't commit often.

"Going to Ul'dah was a bad idea huh..." He said over his shoulder. He was keenly aware that the Highlander seemed to have worked something out regarding Lyra and Honi found himself curious. Perhaps he would have to start asking questions of his own soon.

"Since when has goin' to Ul'derp ever been good idea?" Lyra quipped, dragged along by the arm.

As they left the passengers' galley, and the two Roe sailors turned to the Highlander for a bit more of an explanation. Luckily for our two misadventurers, he was just as rude and unaccommodating to the crew, snatching up both his own and Honi's grog tankards and basically double-clutching before demanding the sailors to "get lost". The sailors did so, complaining under their breaths. The Highlander stared in Honi and Lyra's direction for a moment, then returned his attention to his food and grog.

Sitting inconspicuously by the bar, someone else took a keen interest in the small mishap that just took place. She murmured into the linkpearl in her ear, "It's me... Yeah, that's right... No, no need."

She looks towards the door. "I think we found her."

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The rain let up some while later, and the passengers were allowed above deck again. They were approaching Vesper Bay.

Edited by Kaizyr

Once allowed above deck, Honi was one of the first to scamper over to the railing to look to the approaching land mass. He was not well traveled at all, and as such, seeing such sights were both new and thrilling to him. Both hands gripping the railing, he took in a deep breath, enjoying the scent of the sea breeze. In that instance, he could have very well embodied the excitement of a child.

"We'll be there soon enough.... Where should we meet up? I promise I won't keep you waiting to long." Honi fired off in rapid order, the wind catching his wild hair and sweeping it back. For a brief moment, both of those golden eyes were actually visible, a rare sight for those who knew him.

Lyra loved the sea too. Partly because of how blue and pretty it was, and partly because it helped her forget about the deserts of Thanalan and everything she had grown to hate about them. She wasn't far behind Honi when the Miqo'te scampered onto the deck. As she got to the railings, she saw the approaching shore and immediately started to feel something unpleasant in the pit of her stomach. No, it wasn't seasickness.

But she grinned and bore it, embracing Honi into a head-lock and a noogie for good measure. "Well, ain'tcha just the most energy-brimmin' thing right now." She looked out over the railings, thinking. "Hmm. Reckon I should be askin' ya where y're gonna be meetin' yer lady-friend. Is it gonna be in Ul'dah too? Or somewhere else in Thanalan?"

He growled as she tossed him in a headlock and delivered the noogie, but judging by the laughing that followed and the playful swat of his tail which thumped across her back, he didn't mind her playfulness.

"Goblet Ward I believed she said... Shouldn't be to much of a walk... I'll check in with her clinic and see what she knows and then I can meet up with you... Well.. Where can I meet up with you?" He went on to ask. He wasn't well versed in this area, and though he had a good sense of direction, for the most part at least, a little help in telling him where to go would surely help him.

Lyra released Honi from the head-lock. "Ohhhh, the Gob is it? She's gotta be pretty well-off to got a place there."

She leaned back against the railings, gripping them to steady herself and prevent her from accidentally getting tossed overboard. She looks up at the sky, thoughtfully. "Hmm... Reckon we can meet up at the Silver Bazaar. Ain't too far a trek from the Gob." She flashes a smirk his way. "If I ain't there a day after we split up, ya can be sure I ran into some trouble--the bad kind."

He didn't know if his friend was well off, just that she had an animal clinic at the Goblet. Listening to their plan, he mouth the words Silver Bazaar, committing the name to memory before she went on about running into trouble if she missed their meeting.

"Well then let us not spend any more time here then we need to... Afterwards meet here and take a ferry back to Limsa... The place has grown on me." More like the food, but she should have known that. 

"If we do not meet up... Then head directly to Limsa... Meet by the fountain...." It wasn't the best laid out plan, but it was all they had.

Lyra had a feeling the finer details of what she implied were lost to her traveling companion. Oh, well. In that case, she would have to make sure to make it back in time. She gave him a thumbs up. "Great. Plan is now in motion."

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

(Sometime later...?)

Honi paced back and forth the small dock much to the annoyance of the fishermen who cast their lines but had yet to catch anything. They blamed the highly energetic Miqo'te for their lack of luck but dared not say anything to him. Upon making it to the Silver Bazaar, he had been all smile, perhaps the result of a good meeting with his Seeker friend. However as one hour stretched to two, then three, he was worried that she really had run into trouble.

Their plan, if it could be call that, was shaky at best. If she couldn't meet him there, then he was to head back to Limsa... Then what? Honi stopped at the edge of the dock, thumb brought up to his mouth where he began to gnaw upon his nail, a nervous habit. If she didn't show up soon, to hell with going back to Limsa... he would head straight to Ul'dah to ask question. Yes... That was it.. That was the right plan.

As Honi was contemplating his next course of action, a porter chocobo came racing into the Silver Bazaar. Riding it was a male Hyur dressed in sailing attire. As soon as the chocobo reached its stables, the Hyur hopped off its back and looked around in a bit of a frenzy. Then, his attention settled on Honi. This Hyur was one of the crew aboard the ferry he and Lyra were on a few days ago--the one who lost to Lyra in a game of Triple Triad, who was apparently called "Tarp".

Tarp pointed a finger at Honi. "Oy, you! You're that lass's friend, right? The one with the red bandana?"