Far From Home

Kaizyr

Lyra moved upstream from the sewer pipe after she popped out the other side on Soot Creek. At least the water was cleaner on that side. She waded in the creek and washed out her hair and bandana while waiting for Honi to come splashing out too. A couple of stray spriggans looked at her confused, before moving along their merry way.

Lyra laughed and sighed deeply after. "Just like ole Houdini Loudini, eh Hons? The perfect getaway!"

Honi followed, surfacing with a look of disgust as he quickly hurried off to the cleaner area. He would come to rest besides Lyra, bow and and arrow at the ready in case Blades followed. After a moment, he seemed to relax, shoulders going slack as it seemed they were in the clear, at least for now. 

".... I've had more graceful escapes in my time.... Bleh." He grumbled as he followed her lead and began to wash himself off as best as possible. "Ly... This was the bad sorta trouble, was it."

He'd ask, having learned some about her. So this was her reason for not wanting to come here.... Her past.. Yet she risked it to help him. That left an impression on the Miqo and now he felt he really owed her for wanting to help him. If he were lucky, he'd be able to repay her sometime. For now though, he was focused on something else. Like removing the muck from his body.

"Whatcha mean? We gave a bunch-a tarnished Blades the slip, and that Thorne wretch ain't gonna waste resources chasin' us through the wasteland when she realizes we ain't hidin' in the cats no more."

Lyra wrung her hair out a bit to dry, turning to Honi with a grin. "Little thing about trouble, Hons..." She booped him playfully on the nose, her green eyes shining even in the dead of night. "What makes it good or bad all depends on how ya see it play out."

She waded off to the side, making her way to the creek's bank. After checking under a bit of the ancient debris, she poked the upper half of her body inside. She seemed to be rummaging around in there for something.

"All truth be told, though, sorry to getcha all spider-webbed up in this mess. Them Thornes ain't no family to play Triad with."

After a moment, she popped back out with two cloaks. How she even knew they were there... nah, never mind. She waded back to Honi, keeping a wary eye out and handing him one of the cloaks.

"Reckon we better mosey on back to the Silver Bazaar, if y're done meetin' up with yer ladyfriends. Ya got my bandana?"

He traded her bandanna for the cloak, reaching into the folks of his shirt where he had tucked it into for safe keeping. Cloak taken, he tossed it over his wet clothes. With luck, the dry desert heat would dry him off quickly though the sun was fast setting.

"Well...I suppose we did escape... That's good... And Lyra, you needn't apologize... You helped me out before and now I've helped you.. Besides I'm the one who dragged you here.. So please... Don't worry... besides.. This is was friends do.. Right.. Look out for each other?" Honi said as he matched her pace and walked beside her. And just like that, Honi had dropped the f-bomb on her. 

"And yes... All done with my lady friend..." he would clear his throat and it was clear he didn't want to talk further on that. Whether it was a good or bad meeting would be a discussion for later. He did find something about his brother along his side trip, but now he wanted to make sure she was alright. "Marcella chase you around often?"

Lyra tied the bandana around her head then donned her cloak, throwing over the hood. After Honi drops the f-bomb, she scoops him up and huggles him. "Aww, ain'tcha the sweetest pair-a cat-ears ever!"

She put him down and started making her way to the Silver Bazaar alongside Honi, checking their surroundings every so often to see if they were being tailed. "If she does, she ain't done a real good job-a it. First time I've seen her since, well, the last time I was in Ul'dump." Lyra looked back at the gutter they popped out of, watching as they walked further away from it. "I tell ya, this whole fiasco was a bunch-a deja vu."

She stretched a bit, flexing her neck under her hood. "Last time I gave them the slip, I skipped town. Joined up with this travelin' merchant so I ain't never had to come back to this dump. Reckoned the Thornes would snag me soon as I did." She flashed Honi a wink. "I tell ya, everythin' happened pretty much how I reckoned it would this time around. Right down to the escape hatch--err, sewer pipe, rather."

Lyra then ruffled Honi's head affectionately. "How about yerself, Hons? Ya doin' all right there?"

Edited by Kaizyr

Honi responded to the hug and the hair tussling in the same fashion, scrunching his face and nose as if it was a bother though the lopsided grin he offered suggested otherwise. It seemed she agreed with his sentiments and so their friendship would not be cemented in trouble. The Miqo was perfectly fine with that.

"Well! I picked up a interesting lead. Seemed my asking around Limsa stirred some interest and I was approached by a Storm Officer who tracked us all the way here... Apparently my brother had joined the Maelstrom at some point and served under them... This Officer... Um..." He tried to recall the Roe's name. "Bleiskaet... Trachyberksyn..." He said the name extra slow as he pronounced it, wondering if he butchered the name."So we needed spend much time here... We can travel back to Limsa... And from there... Who knows."

"Yeesh, that's a mouthful of a name."

They made their way to the Silver Bazaar without anymore outstanding incidents. As they approached the docks, Tarp spotted them and waved them over. He already had a dinghy ready to transport them back to Vesper Bay. Looks like Lyra's gamble paid off perfectly.

Lyra hopped into the boat and offered a hand to Honi to help him on as well. "So! Ya reckon y're gonna become a Storm? Find yer big bro that way?"

Edited by Kaizyr

"Me.... Join a Grand Company.... A bunch of... Pirates and cutthroats aren't they?" He mused as he accepted her hand and found himself tugged along. "Would be... interesting.. From a young kit stalking the woods of the Shroud... To... Defender of the Sea!" He went along with what he assumed to be, her jest. "I think we need food and drink."

If only he knew the truth of the matter. Joining a Grand Company would not be the last of the outlandish things he would come to partake in through out his life as an adventure of Hydaelyn and in truth, his journey beside Lyra was just beginning.