New to FFXIV Roleplay!

Hi!

A few weeks ago, before I knew of the datacenter moves, I decided to settle myself as a completely new and fresh player on the Aether datacenter, on Midgardsormr. Mainly because I have friends on Midgardsormr to just, play the game with. But also because I wanted to be able to experience roleplay and I was told it was possible to move between servers on your datacenter temporarily and you could also join linkshells within your datacenter. So I was confident this was the way to experience best of both worlds.

Now, I noticed they moved all but one or two roleplay servers from the Aether datacenter, into another datacenter. And I understand some quite enjoy the fact this happened. But I don't.. because I was looking forward, to be able to roleplay. Now, I feel like I am very limited or can't. But is this true? Is there no roleplay community left on the Aether datacenter? Are there maybe linkshells I am able to join to get in touch with fellow roleplayers who are left behind in Aether?

There are smaller RP communities on Faerie, Jenova, and Siren. Lately, I've seen quite a few people from Jenova active here on the RPC! I'd definitely recommend checking out their server and discord for more information.

We should have some listings in the FC and Linkshell Club sections and in the FC and Linkshell Hall forums. http://tinyurl.com/where-is-the-rp is also a great resource for finding discords, and the section there does show which server (or datacenter) they cater to.

Regarding linkshells, we're still limited to a single cross-world linkshell which makes picking any single one tricky, but I'm holding out that this will be adjusted in some QoL fix down the road.

Hello! There are definitely Roleplay communities on the aether datacenter. There is not one server that counts as our rp server, instead all aether servers have been working on bringing together a place where we can meet and go to each others rp events, participate in stories ect. Migard is definitely the smaller of the bunch but there are still rpers there!

The Aether discord link is in the document that Unnamed Mercenary posted! You can connect with other migard rpers and see other server communities!

Howdy! Fellow Midgardsormr RPer here. Was thinking of setting up a linkshell for like minded individuals this weekend (only time I have to play). Nice to see another person wanting to RP on  the server!

Sha'dow Weaver is my in-game name, feel free to hit me up if we're ever on at the same time. 

That's awesome! I'm so glad to see others on Aether willing to roleplay! :D I'll try to get in touch!

Edit: I couldn't find any discord link for the Aether directory, only for the Crystal one. 😧

Edited by Jade_Cookies