Torn Sky's Art & Commissions (also open for requests!)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm, Magitek.

You're already well aware, but I love it! You definitely nailed it, that's for sure. Always super excited to see how an artist interprets his prosthesis. Thanks again~

Never enough of Endemerrin and his prosthetic floating around. Hehe~

Thank you! I imagined him just kind of humming along, wiggling his fingers after a tune up to make sure everything's calibrated correctly.

:cactuar:

U'zahn Tia! Because we met yesterday and he was a sweetie.

uzahn2_zpsd82cc99e.png

I...just nose bled. Those colors, man. I need to get art from you somehow, some time. I need to.

*throws all the gil*

*cleans blood from face* Why you bleed on me? D:

I...just nose bled. Those colors, man. I need to get art from you somehow, some time. I need to.

*throws all the gil*

BECAUSE, it seemed like the right thing to do at the time? c:>

*throws all the gil*

BECAUSE, it seemed like the right thing to do at the time? c:>

WELL! Fine... *sits in lap*

*throws all the gil*

bea2_zpse2407208.png

I tried a thing.

Also, I gotta apologize to the folks who requested their character to be drawn toward the beginning of the thread. My art bug is a bit erratic and I tend to produce better things the more frequently I draw. I'm just kind of drawing them in whatever way strikes me at the time.

bea2_zpse2407208.png

I tried a thing.

:surprise:

I literally yelped when I saw this. I seriously wasn't expecting it! Again, I love the colors, especially in the midtones. Eeeee, thank you so much! :love:

Thank you, and you're welcome! I really felt like doing a portrait tonight and Bea seemed like a fun subject for it.

Today I attempted to paint a volcanic crater that could reasonably be located somewhere in Abalathia's Spine to maybe use on my wiki page. I imagine the Hellsguard home region to look something like a way more scenic Ifrit's Cauldron.

abalathia_zpsa2278fee.png

This is super fun! May-hap we all need to take a page from you here and draw the AREAS! I'm loving the light on the rock pillars around the lava, especially.

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more landscapes done in this forum. It's cool to see how others interpret how the world looks, that, and there's plenty of areas we haven't seen yet to try and dream up.

And thanks, Crystal!

I have another sketchy update. These first two I did a few days ago as intro to a possible illustrated backstory. I don't know if I'll get around to continuing it, but it's something I'd love to do for both of my characters.

nicetomeetyou_zpsef72aedd.png

Attempted to draw a phrase in ASL ( ...Or perhaps in this case ESL?) Teague's intended to be deaf unless I change my mind about it.

teagueparents1_zpsefc533f8.png

Kid Teague and his parents

medi2s_zps9e98fa6f.png

Torn Sky meditating somewhere in Vylbrand/O'Ghomoro/idk. I can never draw enough volcanos. No. Never.

medi1s_zps22902432.png

Alternate version.

medi2f_zps1ce4e17c.png

Dennthota lives and you caught all her fabulous glory!!!

How did you even catch that scar? You have a good eye!

I started painting over the Dennthota sketch because I didn't quite like it. Sorry the colors aren't right. I kept going in grayscale and then put a sepia-ish a color filter on it to at least match her skintone a little better.

dennthota_zps539149ce.png

She looks, like, drunk, but I really enjoy whatever weird face it is that she's making.

I'm liking the thicker lines, except on the hands. It eats them up a little.

It does. :c But it makes it look like a chalk drawing kind of, which is fitting in a way.

medi2s_zps9e98fa6f.png

Hrmm...there's something odd about this picture.

1_zps8cf119fd.png

Some kind of spec there in this area....?

2_zps044c4706.png

I'm not imagining this right?

3_zps0d05aa1e.png

What the heck is it?

4_zpsa6fb343e.png

Oh!

Oh...

Nevermind. Nothing to see here!

I'm crying, but in a good way.

sangdie_zpsda14c156.png

Hythine Sangdieme

veteran wood wailer

"Heed, bastard knave, and know that one day the gods shall take you! Come that moment, may ye feel every onz of my venom as the jaws of death close around thine putrid, bleedin' heart!"

Hythine's countenance is notoriously eerie and is part of the reason she's been dubbed "The Banshee" by her fellow Wailers. (The other part would be her penchant for shrieking colorful threats.) While her skin is a rich golden-brown, very unlike such a moniker would suggest, she possesses searing white eyes that appear wide and all-seeing against her dark complexion. The black tattoo around them also causes them to seem far more deeply set than they truly are, and from a distance the parts of it that reach up her brow lend her an everpresent expression of glowering rage. Her jet black hair is laced with tiny wooden beads and never leaves the intricate braids it has been woven into with very apparent care. Even when it is not fresh on her breath, the scent of sweet tobacco has taken a permanent home in her armor and underclothes.

dutiful, law abider and upholder, a strong believer in keeping one's word, well-disciplined (martially), vehement, sharp-tongued, holds grudges, superstitious

tshot4_zpsa7e4f863.png

Teague Greytide

lamb-hearted marauder

"I know they aren't too pretty, but they mean a lot to me, alright?"

Although most would still consider him young, Teague's body already bears a lifetime of scars, the oldest of which are on his face. His messy, straw blonde bangs sometimes manage to cover some of the damage as well as one of his green eyes, however there is no hiding the deep and poorly healed gash that cuts vertically through his lips, revealing a portion of his teeth and gums. Teague may not be the easiest to look at as a result, but if one would choose to see it there is nothing but a mellow smile beyond his battered image. Nigh always surrounding that smile is stubble that matches the lightness of his hair, and the hands he might offer you to shake are encased in callouses from years of wielding a marauder's axe as well as from working the fields long before adventuring became a reality for him.

sympathetic, patient, hard-working, good with animals, high tolerance for pain, stubborn, dislikes large groups, reckless and seemingly eager to throw his life away for the sake of others

duana_zpsaa2c8c00.png

Duana Groves

troubled girl; partial owner of Highhaven Floral Boutique

"Flowers so pristine you'll swear they've come from the high heavens!"

"I-is it alright if I stay here with you for awhile? ...would that not be too much trouble?"

Doe-eyed with constantly pursing brows and lips, her timid nature shows in her face unmistakably. She is pear-shaped, button-nosed, is of average height at 5 fulms 5 ilms, and has light blue eyes. Generally kind, she exhibits many habits often associated with nervousness, but is quick to become clingy and overly trusting once the ice has been broken. At other times, however, she is the polar opposite: gloomy, acerbic, and passive-aggressive. Deeper conversation with her will reveal that she values beauty on an obsessive level, and that she harbors strong resentment for others' classifications of what is 'beautiful' and what is 'ugly' when she herself seems able to see it in all things. Her self-esteem is very low and she feels a sometimes overwhelming sense if being lost in life despite being a proprietor of a successful business.

imaginative, generous, accepting, cares about the environment, flighty, overly trusting, obsessive and can be manipulative, becomes aggressively anti-social under stress

lhao_zps70faeb86.png

Lhao'sae Loro

suave ex-highwayman

"Mm. Lo' there, see something you like? I know I do. You look just the type to have a well-lined purse, and what's better is we're both nicely tucked away where no one'll see ye struggle. AH!— but I jest.  Nice day it is, don't you think so, lad?"

Loro is a retired gentleman of the road, or so he claims. The most his victims ever got to see of him was his silhouette in the dead of night, perched atop a chocobo and aiming an arrow toward the center of their breast. Once upon a time he wore the garb of a traveling bard to avoid suspicion, nowadays the ruse seems to have caught up with him and he peddles his poetry alongside his dancing troupe of sisters. His looks might have been traditionally handsome for a Hyuran man, but they're rather forgettable for a miqo'te: long goldspun mane, a bit of neatly trimmed hair on the chin, droopy coquettish eyes, and a crooked grin. His voice has a slight rasp that carries over into his singing, giving it some more memorable character, at the very least.

more intelligent than he lets on, skilled performer, logical, smooth talker, self-interested, unconcerned, has little regret for his past crimes

tornskillet_zps34df0562.png

Torn Sky

whimsical researcher and benevolent stranger

"Ah, you've gotten lost, you fear? I'm afraid I haven't the time to lead you on your way. If you'd like to stick with me, however, I wouldn't mind it at all. Perhaps we'll both see something wondrous. Sometimes the Gods lead us astray for good reason, my dear."

Torn Sky, or Tor for short as she may kindly suggest, is a towering woman and also one who hasn't neglected her physique despite an obvious preference for the magical arts. Her strong nose, dark-rimmed eyes, and prominent, angular brows give her a stern appearance that is almost hawklike, whereas the swept back manner in which she most often wears her white locks could be compared to ruffled feathers. The affect that Ul'dahn citylife has had upon her shows in the way she accessorizes and the slight hint of eyeshadow and lip-stain that she uses, yet the large occult symbol scarified on her forehead is an immutable token of her isolated upbringing. It is somewhat uncommon to see a Hellsguard born as fair-skinned as Tor, a trait her mother possessed as well, and non-Roegadyn may mistake her as a Sea Wolf at a glance. In the right light, however, it is much easier to see the faint rosey tinge that direct sunlight tends to completely wash away.

W.I.P

"I wish upon thee the most pathetic ending imaginable! May ye be eaten by hog and shite out the other end! Or I bid ye may save thyself the humility now and dive onto my spear— just this once I'll allow it to be stained by the blood of a fool."

"Stand down, ye foul, beady-eyed creature!"

"And what sort of vermin are you?"

"Ye've the face of a marmot, the fat of a hog, and the breath of a funguar."

"Ye must be Nophica's drunken creation. I offer my hand in pity."