Age Thread!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turnin' 26 this sunday.  I've been roleplaying on various formats since I was about 11 or so.  Mainly computer related stuff ala yahoo groups, mIRC, MSN, and occassionally neopets when it came about.  Expanded into more forum related rp's and honed my skills through those, this is the first time I've done in-game rp so its been a bit challenging but also refreshing for me and I can't wait to flesh out K'tahrl more as the game progresses.

Hmmm, time to put age into perspective. I'm 48 and just about to become a grandfather for the first time. I really don't care about growing up - should have done it years ago but it's much too late now. Even my wife has accepted that is never going to happen.

I don't know why but this makes me really happy. I wanna be you when I grow up. :moogle:

I'm twenty-two years old and I'll be turning twenty-three next month. I have been role-playing as long as I can remember but if I put an age on it probably since I was ten years old? My only friend and I would make our characters and scenarios and act them out. We even worked out how leveling up would work ans set our skills limits and power based on what our levels were. We both also wrote a lot about fantasy, science fiction, and action adventure. We would compare our stories and give each other ideas.

I never did much beyond that I would participate in text RPGs on forums and in some MMOs. I have played tabletop RPGs but not much or that many. I did take creative writing but the teacher was a joke.

Hmmm, time to put age into perspective. I'm 48 and just about to become a grandfather for the first time. I really don't care about growing up - should have done it years ago but it's much too late now. Even my wife has accepted that is never going to happen. Besides, in this day and age it's a positive asset to have a young outlook. After nearly 20 years in IT I've recently had to change career completely - keeping a young outlook helps with that too^^

In terms of creative writing I've had no formal training but have done some forum RP in the past and have just finished writing my first fantasy novel. Fingers crossed I can now find a publisher.

You, sir, are an inspiration. I can only hope that when I'm that age I can be half as awesome. :thumbsup:

Hmmm, time to put age into perspective. I'm 48 and just about to become a grandfather for the first time. I really don't care about growing up - should have done it years ago but it's much too late now. Even my wife has accepted that is never going to happen. Besides, in this day and age it's a positive asset to have a young outlook. After nearly 20 years in IT I've recently had to change career completely - keeping a young outlook helps with that too^^

In terms of creative writing I've had no formal training but have done some forum RP in the past and have just finished writing my first fantasy novel. Fingers crossed I can now find a publisher.

*Claps and bows in respect*

37 here, I co run a call center. No kids, enjoying the bachelor life, traveling, dating, etc, not planning on growing up anytime soon. Been rping since 1999 in EQ1. I'll be rping in mmos well into my eighties.

Hahahaha!  Once again I get to be one of the youngest in a community!

I'm 18, turning 19 this September.  I'm still living with my mom and stepdad, can't drive, and planning to attend community college this coming quarter.  I don't have a paying job, however I volunteer at our local humane society every weekend!  I socialize with cats and clean their cages all day. :D

Hahahaha!  Once again I get to be one of the youngest in a community!

I'm 18, turning 19 this September.  I'm still living with my mom and stepdad, can't drive, and planning to attend community college this coming quarter.  I don't have a paying job, however I volunteer at our local humane society every weekend!  I socialize with cats and clean their cages all day. :D

Oh my god you sound EXACTLY like me. Still living with mom and dad, I didn't drive until this past April (right before I turned 21). AND I'm a Humane Society volunteer and I'm leaving in 10 minutes to go clean and socialize cats, followed by dog walking. Please tell me you're from New York and moved to Florida and I swear I'll have a sibling. :moogle:

You know another thing occurs to me after reading this thread. With any luck the community in this game will be a real representation of what a society is really like; diverse ages, different backgrounds and cultures, different ways of looking at things - all wrapped up in a desire to have fun in what promises to be a great game.

Roll on August 27th!

I'm 29 and extremely happy to see so many in the late 20s-early 30s age range. I'm currently happily single, a very good status since I'm planning to relocate halfway across the country next year.

I've also been roleplaying since I was a kid, around 15 or so when I discovered Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. I didn't do much in the way of structured RP until FFXI, although I'd done some freeform chatroom stuff before that.

Since this info was being thrown in too by others, I'm currently working as a Software Engineer although I'm shifting that into attempting a career as an actor. Because I evidently hate money.

Nineteen, with the dabbled in RP back when I was... well back when WoW started originally or at least somewhere around that time. No creative writing, didn't do the best in school either. They kept wanting me to do something called homework. That being said I haven't gotten into college but not because I don't like school, cause I couldn't afford it. I'm out of work right now. :dazed: Sadly the mill I was working at shut down and had cutbacks due to a fire. Just need to get accepted into a college now.

Good to meet yea people.

I'm 24.

I love to write and I love video games. I am sort of new to RP, I have done some RP with friends and tried some RP when I played WoW, but my friends who played were non-RPers, so I ended up mainly playing on a non-RP server, sadly. Same happened again on SW:TOR. However, I was a Night Elf Death Knight in the bar drowning in his sorrows because he was an abomination too cowardly to kill himself. I just used it as an excuse to pass out and listen to how other people roleplay. :P When I started FFXI it hadn't crossed my mind to RP and ended up meeting non-RP players and stuck to it. I love FF lore, so I'm going to make sure I RP this one. Just hope they hurry up with phase 4. :)

For the first three pages of this thread I was worried (not really :roll: ) that I was going to be the oldest by a mile.  So thank you to ..

Hmmm, time to put age into perspective. I'm 48 and just about to become a grandfather for the first time. I really don't care about growing up - should have done it years ago but it's much too late now. Even my wife has accepted that is never going to happen. 

and

I'll be 47 at the end of this month.  I think my sig sums up my view on life.

I turned 28 five days ago, no fiancee nor kids. I'm officially unemployed but I stil lookign for a job or a funded PHD. I try to be a novelist without any training in creative writing.

I RP since i was 16, the first time was in an chatroom RPG and and old (still open) RP forum, but it's all in Italian.

ARR will be my first to RP in a MMORPG, and to RP in English :P

I preordered the PS3 CE also.:thumbsup:

Turning 27 in November, pleasantly surprised by all the various ages here. Been rp-ing on forums since I was 15-ish and then some DnD and the like.

Haven't rp-ed much in a game before so it'll be a new challenge.

No kids, standard 8-4 work and lotsa pets.

21 here, and entering my last year of University in September. Pretty exciting! :3

My major is English in University, and more specifically Creative Writing. I've taken a few workshops and classes in the subject, so I know the ins and outs of fiction writing, and you bet I know my grammar! (Even if I do abuse my friend, the comma...)

I love writing so much, I aim to be a novelist one day. Cross your fingers and wish me luck! 

I've been RPing since I was 12, and began in forum roleplay, which I still participate in heavily on private forums with friends. I've roleplayed in tabletop games like D&D and World of Darkness too; they're just so much fun. 

Everybody here seems so nice, I'm glad we have such varied age groups too. We can learn a lot from each other, even if we're all kids at heart. :love:

23 at the moment, 24 in September.

I went to college for a year-and-a-half before deciding that it wasn't my cup of tea (now I have to pay for it -_-'). I was going for computers, which at the time seemed good, but most definitely was not. Growing up I used to always write poetry. I hated english and literature classes back in high school. I played WoW for a year after dropping out of college, but never RPed. However, I did grow up playing all the FFs, and tons of other great RPGs, in addition to reading fantasy books, so fantasy itself came naturally to me. Which was good, because after meeting my fiancee, she showed me that I had a talent for writing. Now I have an entire fantasy novel written that I am revising/editing!

I'm sixteen here, gonna be seventeen come September. I began roleplaying when I was about thirteen, and only recently have I even really made a huge effort to change up my writing style. (When the RPC Mentorship program started.) Since I started RP, it's become -the- biggest attraction for me in MMO's.

And I feel young. T.T