Dear RPC

It seems that lately, everywhere I turn on these forums, all I see is negatively and in-fighting. While I think it’s perfectly fair to disagree with someone, I think perhaps we have taken a few things too far. Whether it’s because of our strong personalities and opinions, or other reasons, I can’t be sure. I think that in all this tension, we’re forgetting what really brought us together here and made us a great community — each other. 

So, RPC, I just want say: Thank You. 

Thank you to all the people who have welcomed me and made me feel at home here. To the people who helped me with lore and backstory. To all the incredible artists we have that go out of their way to draw for those who can’t. To our beautiful mentors and everyone else who are reaching out to our new players with open arms. To our new players, who are helping us form new friendships and stories. To our mods and administrators, and our wiki pros. To all the people I’ve yet to meet. Each and every one of you help make this place beautiful. 

Even if we don’t agree, or never meet, I am glad you are here. I will support you. 

tl;dr: Hug some trees, bitches. What are you thankful for about the RPC? Let’s have a positive discussion. 

I'm thankful for the RPC because it's brought me to a lot of wonderful RPers; enabled me to be a part of several amazing communities (and one really big community).  I'm kind of persnickety about things and I've been here since early in 2010.  I wouldn't stick around if there weren't good people here doing good things.

:love::love::love: RPC :love::love::love:

And super special thanks to Kylin for all that he does for us, and all he puts up with.  And thank you also to the moderators!!

I am thankful Kerr made this post.

I am thankful we are blessed with roofs over our heads, that we live incountries withsolid enough infrastructures that we can put computers in our homes, that we have enough money in our pockets to afford playing sub games like FFXIV when 70% of the world's population live in poverty, may not know when there next meal is, may be homeless, may not even own a single shirt.

In light of this, our petty squabbles on this site seem trivialized; I am thankful for the opportunities I will have to RP with all of you, and that I am fortunate enough to be able to read this thread (illiteracy is a real problem yo)

Thanks to the RPC for so many things.  For inspiration.  For assistance.   For support.  For fans.  But most especially for being a welcoming community.  Let's keep that in mind and move forward each day just a little more towards awesomenessness 8-)

I vote we add one more 'ness' to this just to really show em what for! ^_~

I really, really like this community and what it stands for. I wouldn't have stuck around for the past three years otherwise. There's good people here, and while we might butt heads from time to time we've managed to get through tough spots before, and we even survived through months where there would be one or two posts a week tops.

We've been through so much, and while there's always bound to be things happening, I feel like as a whole we'll stick together as we always have.

Here's to another three successful years and beyond~

I am thankful we are blessed with roofs over our heads, that we live incountries withsolid enough infrastructures that we can put computers in our homes, that we have enough money in our pockets to afford playing sub games like FFXIV when 70% of the world's population live in poverty, may not know when there next meal is, may be homeless, may not even own a single shirt.

This ^^^

I've been a critic on occasion, but I'm going to say this right here: FFXIV's roleplaying community is more welcoming and open than any other community I've been a part of. And I'm endlessly proud of the fact that it's possibly for us to disagree, sometimes vehemently, but still come back together as friends and people who love to roleplay.

If we argue with passion, we do so out of love, and it's good to step back and remember that.

Dear RPC,

Though I mostly stay in the corners and observe these days, I am still about and poke around. I think its amazing that there are so many people are so passionate about RP in one place that its kinda like a family. 

In fact it is like a family. From the people you turn to most who would be your immediate family. To those that kinda show up from time time to time being your cousins, first second third and so on....(depending on how much the frequent! ;P )  To the ones you fight with which could be like the bratty siblings or the evil step mom/dad? The crazies that are like the uncles and aunts we don't talk about...but man do we sure love them!! Everyone has there role, new or old...active to scarely about. 

So thank you all, for those that I know and that I don't know (but soon will!) for being my family. Thank you for being my escape from reality when it starts to come crashing down and steam roll all me. Because At the end of the day...I know I can come here and get the laughs and support I need to raise my spirits from posting what my character would look like as pony...to silly little AD-LIB games. To what would you call your chocobo. OH and Of course the heap tons of RP in the forums and skype chats. And even if it isn't me who happens to be having an extra particularly crappy day; thank you for letting my goofiness and my crazy characters make you smile and laugh ...cry...i guess depending on the situation/rp.

Thank you for the all the art work that given, the links that are shared, so much more. Most importantly though, thank you all for pouring all of your hearts, souls, characters, feelings, and creativity into this place. because if you didn't...then we would have things to talk about...or squabble over. 

~X♥X♥

Abai~

TL;DR: You all act too much like family...one that is pretty awesome. AND ABAI HAS TOO MANY FEELS!!!

[align=center]tumblr_mcm5joNJfr1rf4od6o1_500.gif[/align]

I'm thankful that despite being gone for a few months I can come back and it's like nothing has really changed. Also, most of us have had our fair share in drama, but the community learns to just move past it. We're adults and we either handle our dirty business to clear it up, or get passed it. I like the fact that our community is mature enough to do this (Many aren't).

I'm still pretty new here, but I'm thankful to everyone that has been welcoming of all the new comers and all the help people here have provided. I think this is one of the friendliest communities I've ever had the honor of being apart of. :love::love:

This ^^^

Agreed.

I'm thankful for everyone here in the RPC the new friends I made,the nights of LFD2 or RP beach parties.I'm thankful for all the warm welcomes. I'm thankful for everyone here because without all of you this place would be pretty boring and lonely. I know that we fight but its ok because we tend to work it out. So lets keep on truckin release is so soon I can smell it kupo!

In essence you all are awesome and I don't want to loose any of you! (Refer to picture below)

xZTYDDy.jpg

--Vashiepoo:love:

I don't want to go all brony on you guys but friendship IS magic and so is the RPC!

I've quit it before I quit FF XIV way back then because of the drama and stuff... but I KNOW we all can get along just fine if we put some effort into it.

Just look at how welcoming and friendly we are in those Welcome threads!

Thanks RPC!

And Thanks Kylin for STILL being at it after all this time. You know you got my support!

I have been in several gaming communities in which the older, established player base is downright obnoxious towards newer, incoming players. They call them noobs, snort at them derisively (figuratively) for asking questions, and seem intent on chasing the new players off, or at least forcing them to jump through a series of hurdles to ever feel welcome. A popularity contest and a pissing contest all wrapped up into one.

From day one here on the RPC this has NOT been the case. I came in a little jaded, and suspicious, figuring 'here I go again, another mmo in which I'll have to put up with trolls, elitists, and general rude behavior all in an effort to find some enjoyable game time.'

Instead, I have found a community that genuinely cares about each other, nevers seems to tire from answering questions, even if they have bern asked a dozen times before... that celebrates RP tolerance and diversity... that has flare-ups and differences of opinions, but always seems to get back to what's important in the end... overall a community that is built off of respect and is willing to listen to each other.

And for that I am thankful. I can't wait to meet you all in game ^_^

Thank you to all the people who have welcomed me and made me feel at home here. To the people who helped me with lore and backstory. To all the incredible artists we have that go out of their way to draw for those who can’t. To our beautiful mentors and everyone else who are reaching out to our new players with open arms. To our new players, who are helping us form new friendships and stories. To our mods and administrators, and our wiki pros. To all the people I’ve yet to meet. Each and every one of you help make this place beautiful. 

Couldn't of said it better myself, but I think I'll add to this some.

When I was younger, I had a very close community of online friends that I could be myself around. That shared in my interest in telling stories, and that didn't judge me about telling them my way. That loved me for who I was, and not for trying to be perfect, or as likable as possible. That made me smile, even during the darkest days. That kept me going, even when I felt like I couldn't trudge anymore.

As life, being cruel, does sometimes, they all moved on with their lives, slowly. One by one. Until I was left on my own.

I'm not sure if everyone would understand the feeling of sitting there at night, completely alone, with no one to talk to. About the things you like. About the things you feel like talking about. About what you need to get off your chest, or.. even so much as just wanting a hug.

The RPC has done something for me that no one has done in years. Made me feel like I belong somewhere. For a person who never had a place to rest in life except for those few fleeting moments, that's something wonderful and something that I value greatly.

It's beyond me feeling like, oh I get along with these, or, oh, I can talk to these people.. it feels like home. For people who never have that kind of thing in their lives, it means the world to people like us...

So thank you, RPC. For taking me in. For making me feel like I belong. For giving me a home.

Couldn't of said it better myself, but I think I'll add to this some.

When I was younger, I had a very close community of online friends that I could be myself around. That shared in my interest in telling stories, and that didn't judge me about telling them my way. That loved me for who I was, and not for trying to be perfect, or as likable as possible. That made me smile, even during the darkest days. That kept me going, even when I felt like I couldn't trudge anymore.

As life, being cruel, does sometimes, they all moved on with their lives, slowly. One by one. Until I was left on my own.

I'm not sure if everyone would understand the feeling of sitting there at night, completely alone, with no one to talk to. About the things you like. About the things you feel like talking about. About what you need to get off your chest, or.. even so much as just wanting a hug.

The RPC has done something for me that no one has done in years. Made me feel like I belong somewhere. For a person who never had a place to rest in life except for those few fleeting moments, that's something wonderful and something that I value greatly.

It's beyond me feeling like, oh I get along with these, or, oh, I can talk to these people.. it feels like home. For people who never have that kind of thing in their lives, it means the world to people like us...

So thank you, RPC. For taking me in. For making me feel like I belong. For giving me a home.

I know exactly what you mean about the whole sitting there at night thing.

I never felt I belonged anywhere though, there's always something missing that I can never put my finger on, but I'll say even if I feel like I'm just passing through, the RPC is a pretty awesome place to pass through. ^^

It seems that lately, everywhere I turn on these forums, all I see is negatively and in-fighting. While I think it’s perfectly fair to disagree with someone, I think perhaps we have taken a few things too far. Whether it’s because of our strong personalities and opinions, or other reasons, I can’t be sure. I think that in all this tension, we’re forgetting what really brought us together here and made us a great community — each other. 

So, RPC, I just want say: Thank You. 

Even if we don’t agree, or never meet, I am glad you are here. I will support you. 

tl;dr: Hug some trees, bitches. What are you thankful for about the RPC? Let’s have a positive discussion. 

Well said. I realize we in-fight a lot, and sometimes I even throw myself into the middle of it, but, and I think I speak for everyone here, it's never personal. There are plenty of people here that I get into arguments with one day and then up-rep the next. I have a lot of respect for each and every one of you here, despite our disagreements. As some of you have even seen in Intermission over the last few weekends, I never shut up. I love talking to all of you, and I'm glad I found a gaming community that I actually enjoy being a part of. People like you all are the reason I want to settle in FFXIV and stop MMO-hopping.

I'm thankful for being able to help a new server get its legs, for being able to say to other people that "NOW THE RPC HAS TWO GREAT SERVERS INSTEAD OF ONE".

I'm grateful for all the support I've been getting and the fact that despite it all people really like what is trying to be done. I am grateful for the fact of being excited for something more than just roleplaying, excited by the new times and new experiences, our triumphs and our failures. I'm excited and grateful because honestly I am doing what I love which is helping people and entertaining them. I look forward to the role I will play in helping a new server be a fun place to be. I am grateful for the passionate people who I know mean well when they are mad at us, but secretly support us.

And I am grateful for all those that stay quiet that will be joining us soon.

Can't wait to see everyone at the launch event! Alts who are hanging out for the day with us or those who are making their home with us on Gilgamesh!

*hugs for all and a free plate of dinner for everyonel

I'm thankful for being able to help a new server get its legs, for being able to say to other people that "NOW THE RPC HAS TWO GREAT SERVERS INSTEAD OF ONE".

This is how everyone should feel about the new server. Balmung should see Gilgamesh as its cousin server, not its competition, and vice versa. I can't wait for all of this to settle down so we can go back to arguing about stupid small things we get over in 5 seconds.

*sets up a buffet table, and places numerous pie from his pie bag*

I had my reservations at the beginning. I had my shield at full, expecting to happen what has happened in numerous other rp communities I've been a member of, both online and in real life. I was wrong.

Yes.. It is a happy occasion! A very happy occasion!! To see a community of not one but TWO servers that are passionate about RP'ing succeeding in an MMORPG is inspiring. Yes, YOU! People of the RPC! You all have re-inspired me to care about an RP community! 

I truly look forward to the launch of this game, and when I get to rp with you all. Thank you RPC. This pie is for you!

[align=center]images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcQqkhSoGuIqzCqB04TVRbnfJs8MPe1QawK1DYMejWGL8bdNBidQ[/align]