Secondary RP Server (Closed)

Which server do you want named the RPC's secondary RP server?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which server do you want named the RPC's secondary RP server?

• Adamantoise
    • Behemoth
    • Cactuar
    • Coeurl
    • Diabolos
    • Gilgamesh
    • Goblin
    • Leviathan
    • Malboro
    • Midgardsormr
    • Ultros
    • Cerberus (EU)
    • Moogle (EU)
    • Odin (EU)
    • Shiva (EU)
    • I have no preference so long as it is a non-Legacy server. (Wildcard)

Yep. That is the truth, though the servers are labeled EU, they are situated in Montreal along with the North American servers.

I think they just encourage EU players to congregate together for language-barriers sake. Oh, and of course time zones, so servers are more populated and active during  European prime time.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted Gilgamesh. >_> familiarity voting ftw?

Toshe stop voting lol. You are going to Balmung where Dennthota can embrace you in her ripply muscley arms.

Something all characters should aspire too

@ArmachiA: ALL characters? O.o not sure how I feel about this. 

@LandStander: :lol::blush: Be gentle please!

That is my current beta 3 server and I've seen a fairly impressive amount of RP already.

Be aware that some of those events have been organized by the people here. A lot of us are simply using that as a temporary home during beta so that we can play with the new people who can't make characters on Balmung right now. ^^

Yes, please be aware that many of the RPers you may be meeting on Gilgamesh are going to end up on Balmung.  Some of Gilgamesh's cool RP community are actually Balmung RPers awaiting phase 4.

Omg there we go with the server vote pics again! :P

Oh the memories...

Back during the first server vote my guild made up a fake server and tried to get people to vote for it

VOTE SERVER BALTHIER

leadingman4.png

Where do I sign up for this one? ;)

That is my current beta 3 server and I've seen a fairly impressive amount of RP already.

Be aware that some of those events have been organized by the people here. A lot of us are simply using that as a temporary home during beta so that we can play with the new people who can't make characters on Balmung right now. ^^

Yes, please be aware that many of the RPers you may be meeting on Gilgamesh are going to end up on Balmung.  Some of Gilgamesh's cool RP community are actually Balmung RPers awaiting phase 4.

Right, not to say that awesome RP won't happen on Gilgamesh, just be aware that a lot of the Balmung RPers are there right now.

I just want to be clear before I vote, though this may be a stupid question, I haven't seen legit confirmation anywhere... Non-legacy people can roll on legacy servers, right? The only actual difference between a regular server and a legacy server is that legacy folks had their characters copied over from 1.0, that's correct?

I just want to be clear before I vote, though this may be a stupid question, I haven't seen legit confirmation anywhere... Non-legacy people can roll on legacy servers, right? The only actual difference between a regular server and a legacy server is that legacy folks had their characters copied over from 1.0, that's correct?

Yes, non-legacy can roll on legacy servers (provided they don't fill up, but even then the lock would be temporary). Legacy people, however, can not transfer to a non-legacy world without creating a new character. Hope that clears it up!

Yes, non-legacy can roll on legacy servers (provided they don't fill up, but even then the lock would be temporary). Legacy people, however, can not transfer to a non-legacy world without creating a new character. Hope that clears it up!

Yep, that definitely clears it up, thanks!

I was worried that by rolling on a legacy server, we'd be restricting the RPC to only legacy people, but my worries were unfounded!

mmf, crab apples.  I voted when I shouldn't have.  The crew I've become quite attached to thus far is already on Balmung and thus so too will I be.  Which means I voted when I shouldn't have. ^^

Sorry.

We're getting quite a bit of this, apparently... :(

mmf, crab apples.  I voted when I shouldn't have.  The crew I've become quite attached to thus far is already on Balmung and thus so too will I be.  Which means I voted when I shouldn't have. ^^

Sorry.

Well it's just 1 less vote for Gilgamesh really.  So hopefully not too much in the way of harm done.  I just remembered that the group I'm going to join up with free company wise is established on Balmung.  sorry for the absent mindedness.

Sorry.

Well it's just 1 less vote for Gilgamesh really.  So hopefully not too much in the way of harm done.  I just remembered that the group I'm going to join up with free company wise is established on Balmung.  sorry for the absent mindedness.

You should be able to go back and delete your vote if you didn't mean to vote.

Omg I remember the whole Balthier server thing!

And of course, my counter!

RydiaServer.jpg

And wow, the data centers are in MONTREAL? O_O

That's just over the bridge from where I live. I'm gonna go invade and take over all the servers. ^^

In all seriousness now, we've been seeing a lot of worried newcomers, lately...

While I understand how you all feel, I would like to remind everyone that the RPC is for ALL RPers on ALL servers!

Like Kylin said somewhere, the ONLY reason we're even voting is that the big majority of RPers prefer having a server where (labeled on not) where we can congregate, as it makes it easier for us to find RP. It's what people want!

The primary server (Balmung, as voted in 1.0) and secondary server (as being voted on now) are just a matter of telling people where there are the most RPers, to our knowledge, to those who care about this (people ask all the time).

For obvious reasons, and as mentioned somewhere by Kylin, this forum isn't gonna have a subforum for every single server, only for those with a good amount of RPC members (so Balmung and whatever will win this vote, I guess).

Even if your server doesn't have it's own subforum, the RPC will still support you! Just be aware that if there isn't a subforum for it, it means there was never enough RPC members playing there to warrant one so the usefulness of said support might be limited... but that's a matter of circumstances, not choice.

Right. The real purpose of this vote is determining whether there are enough people to make having a second unofficial server worthwhile, since the vast majority of folks are going to Balmung, including people on Gilgamesh right now. And that's a lot of cool people. Also me.

Right.  The real purpose of this vote is determining whether there are enough people to make having a second unofficial server worthwhile, since the vast majority of folks are going to Balmung, including people on Gilgamesh right now.  And that's a lot of cool people.  Also me.

My issue is - none of what anyone else is saying(moderators included) is what the admin is saying. He's made a clear stance that this is a Balmung centric site, and that anybody that disagrees can leave. No suggestions, no opinions, nothing. Discontent is met with a door and that's not fair.

I don't have hopes for the community under that leadership, so I'll be sticking with Gilgamesh despite people leaving the server eventually.

Right.  The real purpose of this vote is determining whether there are enough people to make having a second unofficial server worthwhile, since the vast majority of folks are going to Balmung, including people on Gilgamesh right now.  And that's a lot of cool people.  Also me.

My issue is - none of what anyone else is saying(moderators included) is what the admin is saying. He's made a clear stance that this is a Balmung centric site, and that anybody that disagrees can leave. No suggestions, no opinions, nothing. Discontent is met with a door and that's not fair.

I don't have hopes for the community under that leadership, so I'll be sticking with Gilgamesh despite people leaving the server eventually.

I like turtles.

I like turtles.

e0yVs.gif

Which is clearly your right, but I guess I'm not seeing what you're seeing in any of those posts.  The fact is that the RP community has long been established on Balmung.  I'm a new player too here so don't take me for a veteran by any standard.

I too had reservations but the community as a whole convinced me that Balmung is the place to go.  Ultimately I get what you're trying to ask for, but if the bulk majority of RP is being done on Balmung, wouldn't it then be logical to say that the bulk majority of "support" (whatever that's supposed to mean at this point) would be for Balmung?

Nobody is excluding or telling anyone anywhere that they're wrong.  From what I gather this whole poll isn't even about which server is better or who should go where, it's just about the kind folks runnin' the place deciding wether or not there's enough interest to warrent setting up a seperate forum or two for folks that are playing on a different server.

Molehill to mountain in this thread me thinks.

I think everyone is under ALOT of pressure. That's why you might feel that way. Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done. I'm fearing with the voting, people took the B3 Events as Gilgamesh having RP. Which might be something to really review. Also with limited information, that leads to decisions that can hurt, shape, or create problems. I understand why wanting the July 1st deadline, but I'm still waiting to see some criteria that will sway my decision for or against staying on Balmung. Which, does not accurately depict a vote for me,  hence no voting.

First, SE may or may not do an RP dedicated server. Doubtful but they might. As someone that has to stay responsible for my crew and future members, I have a policy of no member left behind so if the server is full, then so be it. We figure where else to go. I also do not know any other servers and their quality, which I don't think Rpers want to be on a server that holds disdain, or there might be a plethora of griefing. I heard reddit will be on Gilgamesh, whether its true or not, that will make folks have a harder time. It can be as bad as a 4chan group.

Forum leadership =/= in-game RPC leadership.

I don't have hopes for the community under that leadership, so I'll be sticking with Gilgamesh despite people leaving the server eventually

That leadership has kept the majority of the FFXIV RP community united and alive due to this site being around since February 2010.

First, SE may or may not do an RP dedicated server. Doubtful but they might. As someone that has to stay responsible for my crew and future members, I have a policy of no member left behind so if the server is full, then so be it. We figure where else to go. I also do not know any other servers and their quality, which I don't think Rpers want to be on a server that holds disdain, or there might be a plethora of griefing. I heard reddit will be on Gilgamesh, whether its true or not, that will make folks have a harder time. It can be as bad as a 4chan group.

Good post! as a note, the Reddit guild on Gilga is strictly PvE (with a bit of PvP depending on the turn out) the "Knights of Karma"? I believe they'll be called. They have expressed (or at least the free company leaders i've had the chance to talk to) that they have no interest in RP (as a collective).

As a note they can be kinda trolly, a bit of TEST alliance, a bit of Something awfull, I like spending time with them from time to time.

I've decided with the server thing I will be rolling an alt on the other server. I have no idea what has taken place that make people passionate about the alternate server thing, I would rather just observe and experience the good and bad of both sides before making a choice. I can't move Rhynka anywhere for now, so I'd like to just experience balmung and other server's RP and take my time coming to a conclusion.

Good luck to both sides of this, I look forward to many experiences with both servers, I am sure making a choice will be very difficult when the time comes.

Every server will have its bad apples, can't avoid them in an MMO really.

The only reason I do not want to be a part of the cool-kids-Balmung gang, is simply due to the fact that it is a Legacy server.

I like the idea of ARR being a brand new experience to everyone around me. I like the idea of everyone starting off on even foot and watching the server grow and evolve as time goes on. I like the idea of the economy flourishing from the ground up and server first achievements of any and all kinds being done by people I know were not given the 'headstart' the Legacy gang did.

That's just me though, as someone who avoided the trainwreck that was 1.0.

I like to think of it as a brand new game, and just feel more at ease starting on a server that suggests the same.

I know Legacy servers have benefits, but it's just not for me, I guess. :D

That's why I was hoping for a solid non-Legacy alternative for roleplaying.